InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pandora's Box ❯ The Pains of Love ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Last Time:

"You're supposed to love me! You have no-" Kikyo paused, momentarily distracted, as he thought he saw her look over his shoulder. Before he could contemplate what that could mean she had pulled her to him and kissed him…

 

 

The Pains of Love

 

Inuyasha Youkai's Apartment Parking Lot: June 2004

 

The whole ride there Kagome had given herself a pep talk and she felt she was ready to face anything. She had driven out here in record time, her favorite song was playing on the radio, and she had won free gas at the gas station. `Everything seems to be falling into place.' She thought as she boarded the elevator, which would take her up to Inuyasha's floor, leaving her alone with her thoughts. `How should I word it? I don't want to scare him off but at the same time I want it to be clear… Grrr… It's always easier in the movies…' She had no more time to think on it though for the elevator beeped on the 18th floor and she stepped off. `Oh well, improv it is then!'

 

But as she reached Inuyasha's apartment she noticed something was definitely wrong, for his door was ajar, and she could hear a heated discussion coming from inside. As she pushed the door open the rest of the way, she was greeted with the sight of Inuyasha and Kikyo, practically nose to nose, discussion something. It was enough to make her heart skip a beat, or two…

 

When she finally decided to stop gaping at the two of them and come back later she saw Kikyo briefly lock gazes with her and smirk. Kagome cocked her head to the side as she thought, `Why would she smirk at me like th-' Kagome's thought pattern abruptly stopped, hell, Kagome could have sworn every organ in her body had stopped abruptly as Kikyo leaned up and kissed Inuyasha. Hard. Shattering her heart into tin shards of what had once been filled with happiness was now replaced with a gaping hole of darkness, promising to swallow her whole. As tears begin to blur her vision she vaguely see Inuyasha standing there not resisting at all.

 

`So it was all true,' Kagome internally sobbed, `I've lost him to my sister, again. Wait… What am I talking about?' she thought pitifully, "Inuyasha never saw me to begin with, how could I lose him if he was never mine in the first place.'

 

As the bitter tears came silently rushing forward, and all she could do was watch. That is until she barely registered her body slump to the floor next to the door with a thump. `Please God, let me die.'

 

Inuyasha, having heard a thump by his door, regained his senses and pushed Kikyo away. Turning he saw something he hoped to never see again.

 

There at his front door, with tears burning his eyes and hers, was Kagome, the current love of his life. She stared lifelessly at him, and he was suddenly reminded of her looks in high school. And, of course, that's when it all seemed to fit together in his mind.

 

Kagome had been in love with him then. And he had broken her spirit and her heart by going to Kikyo, her twin sister. The one person she could never hate, yet had every reason to.

 

And here he was now, doing it again, crushing her again, yet this time round, her look it-it was worse, as if she had no reason to go on living, to continue as she had last time, as if she had finally given up against the world and just sat there waiting, and praying, for it to swallow her whole.

 

But it was different this time. He hadn't meant to! If only she knew how much she meant to him. She would come back to him and grasp that it was a misunderstanding. He had to tell her. He had to try! He wouldn't give up, he would never give up. Not on her. Not ever!

 

"Kagome…" Inuyasha whispered as he stepped towards her.

 

This seemed to snap her out of whatever silent contemplation she had damned herself to, and her look of desolation was quickly replaced with one of panic and fear before finally falling shuttered. Blocking her emotions from him.

 

She took one last look at Kikyo and then Inuyasha and was unable to keep the hurt expression from her face as she got up and escaped the confines of his apartment. From now until forever her hell would look like this. Waiting for her, to smash her hopes and dreams, were two figures, Kikyo and Inuyasha, the Satan's of her hell.

 

`She-She is r-running from me! No! Kagome please! Don't go!' Inuyasha thought as he began to run after Kagome, only to be held back by Kikyo.

 

"Inuyasha, I've missed you. Forget my tramp of a sister, and return to Hollywood with me! I need you! I'm sorry, I was wrong to hurt you! Let me make it up to you!" Kikyo pleaded.

 

At that moment Inuyasha realized something. He had broken Kagome's heart, and yet she still had given him a second chance. Kikyo had crushed and slaughtered Kagome's dreams and goals. She had broken up with him, making him feel like filth. She hurt people daily, and she showed no signs of remorse behind that icy mask of hers. And yet, he was standing here in his home, listening to her bull, instead of trying to make up with Kagome. What the hell has gotten into him lately!?

 

"Leave. I don't have time to listen to you or your complaining about how your life is so horrible, yet you crush others and feel nothing. You have no soul and you will one day burn in hell. Dying and yet unable to die! Life is always held just out of your reach, you will suffer the tortures and pains you have given others. Get out of my sight!" Inuyasha finished passionately.

 

Kikyo looks indecisively between Inuyasha's retreating back and the door. Finally and reluctantly coming to a decision, she left. Though not without one last retort, "Fine! I don't need you or my sister! I'll find some other hunk of a guy who would be salivating to get a chance to be with me and you two will be all alone! I'll have my millions and you'll have each other! Have fun!" she finished hideously, storming out the door.

 

`Good riddance! I pray for the soul of that hunk!' Inuyasha smirked mentally, but his smirk was quickly replaced with a desperate frown. What was he going to do? By now Kagome would be home so he would have no chance of catching her… `She must hate me…' Inuyasha thought sadly, `There must be something I can do!'

 

As Inuyasha began to pace around his living room, he spotted his phone. Mentally smacking himself, `Duh! The phone…' he thought, as he picked it up and began to dial Kagome's number…