InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Flowers
An Inuyasha Fanfic
By Mcanangel

*~Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, nor the original story. This is just for my own personal fun~*

Chapter 1

Kagome loomed over the pot of water as various items floated in a circular pattern over the surface. The smell of all the ingredients mixed together were too much for Inuyasha’s nose, so he waited outside their hut.
“Do you see anything yet Kagome-samma?” Miroku asked, as he fidgeted with his hands, even after so many years, some habits are unbreakable. Kagome shook her head, as she tried harder to produce a vision, “This mixture should show me what we need,” she said in an almost whisper.
Sango, running up the dirt trail, stopped outside the hut. “Did you see anything Sango?”
“No, but the demon that took them must have been very powerful, a miasma is spilling from the bone eaters well.” Sango began rubbing her forehead, “Aiyu is checking in the east, Chiyu the west, and Nobu is checking the south.” She slid down the wall, next to Inuyasha, “What about Kagome?”
“Her and Miroku are starring into some potion, to see if they can see who stole it, whatever ‘it‘ is.”
“You know, right about now we could sure use our bone priestess…”
“I know, but we’ll have to work without her, Kiki’s still on her purification journey, and the other two mutts wont be back until tomorrow, with Shippou.”
Sango closed her eyes, “And here I was growing accustomed to the peace.”
“Humph.”

Kagome leaped from the building, “I found it, The demon stole an amulet of great power from the bone eaters well.”
“What does this have to do with us, I mean what business do we have worrying over some amulet that we didn’t even know existed,” Inuyasha huffed. Without hesitation Kagome slapped the back of his head, “Because, stupid, it’s the power of the amulet that makes the bone eaters well water sacred, and healing. It has a lot of potential power, no telling what unknown power it has.”
Miroku, walking calmly out of the hut paid no heed to the grounded hanyou. “There isn’t much we can do tonight. Lets wait for the kids to get back from their scouting, and, tomorrow when your twins get back, we can set a course of action.”
Agreed, everyone went back inside.

After some hours the “kids” made it back in different intervals. First was Nobu, the youngest of the demon slayer family, to report that the north was completely clear, sans a few scared small demons. Nobu, at 23, was an image of his father. Black hair, pulled back into a low pony tail. He was adorned with priest garbs, that covered his demon slayer armor. Nobu’s weapon of choice was a double bladed cycle, fastened to a chain, carried at his hip. The young man, unlike his father, was extremely serious, most of the time, and very clever.
Next to arrive, Aiyu, Ai-chan, 25, the eldest twin. With her stunning grey eyes, long black hair that was kept in single braid, and simple dress, she was easy to misjudge. Most would never guess that wrapped around her waste, was a bladed bone chain, and under her dress, thick armor. Aiyu, always the practical one, reported no trailing miasma and, like her younger brother, only had scared woodland demons to report.
Finally Chiyu, Chi-chan, the youngest twin, and middle child reported in. Black hair, cropped just below the ears, framed her delicate face, and set of her fierce grey eyes. The feistiest of the children, with her loud, life loving laugh, left no doubt in other’s eyes about her danger level. Like her mother, she wielded a large Hiraikotsu. Chi reported a large trail of strong miasma heading west. In its wake were numerous corpses of large forest demons, one’s that didn’t even look like that had fought. “Somethings bad out there guys, bad and powerful. We have to get it, before it harms innocent life.”

Sango tucked a loose strand of graying hair behind her ears, “That is what we will do, but we must wait for shippou and the other twins to return tomorrow. Then we can make a plan.” Agreed, everyone went to their respective homes.

Later that night, curled up next to her beloved husband, Kagome looked up at Inuyasha. “Say, Inuyasha…”
“Hm?”
“It’s been a long time since we were able to lay like this, without the kids, or guests.”
“It sure has”
She leaned up and kissed him gently, “I can’t believe its been 26 years since we destroyed the Shikon no tamma.” He wrapped his arm around her, “I’m glad everyday that you came back to me. That you stayed, here.”
---------

“Say Touya….”“Yes Kaori?”
“Have you ever wondered what’s up there, what all the stars are?” the girl with silver hair asked pointing to the starry night sky.
“Haven’t really thought too much about it sis.” the silver haired boy said rolling over on his side.
“Say Touya….”
“What Kaori?”“Do you think that Sis is ok? I really miss her.”“Im sure she’s looking up at the starry sky right now.”
“You really think so?”
“…yes….Kaori?”
“Yes Touya?”“Go to sleep now.”“Aaawwee…..ok”
Leaning against the trunk of a tree, Shippou, with one eye closed, wondered the same thing.