InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Paradise ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Paradise

An Inuyasha fanfiction

By: Death_Maiden

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or the song Paradise. As we all know, Inu and co. belong to Rumiko Takahashi. And, well… that lady isn't me. The song `Paradise' does not belong to me. It belongs to Vanessa Charlton and is included in her album, Be not Nobody. Sue me and die!

=========================

PARADISE

Song by: Vanessa Charlton

Story by: Death_Maiden

Rating: PG-13

Genre: Angst

==========================

once upon a year gone by

she saw herself give in

She woke, woken by the same way she was woken up during the past year… woken by the same nightmare that keeps on haunting her. Her breath was coming in short, shallow gasps, cold sweat running through her forehead, her clothes clinging to her body and strands of her raven-black hair was sticking to her pale face. She stared at the dark ceiling; the patches of moonlight that escaped the grasps of thick curtains dancing on the walls make it look darker and the room even colder. She did not dare move nor make a sound for fear that the person beside her will wake up. Her tears were threatening to fall… but she did not dare release it… for fear that her so-called `koi' would smell her tears. She closed her eyes, placing an arm over her forehead.

every time she closed her eyes

she saw what could have been

However, as soon as she closed her eyes, flashes of the nightmare… of the past… her past… came back to her. She once again witnesses the day her world changed… the day her life became unworthy living… the day her world ended… her Armageddon.

The day started pretty badly. The well, the only thing that lets her go to the past… her only way home… suddenly sealed itself trapping her in the Sengoku Jidai. She was desperate that day, so lonely. She cried. Even Shippou, Sango and the others could not stop her from crying. She was in this desperate state that Naraku came asking for, wanting to claim the Shikon shards that they have in their possession.

So… on that day. Everything was settled. That day witnessed the war between Naraku versus their group, the Western Lands and its allies. Yes, Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha finally settled their differences and helped each other to defeat one common enemy: Naraku. As it turned out, they claimed victory. However… however…

She opened her eyes suddenly, not wanting to see what came next… but failed. Though she opened her eyes, the scenes that came next kept playing in her mind. She witnessed as her truly beloved die in the hands of his brother. And that brother was the one who currently lays beside her… the one that has claimed her as his own.

well nothing hurt and nothing bleeds

when covers tucked in tight

She was about to leave the bed in hope of taking a walk to calm her senses when an arm shot out and grabbed her arm so hard that the nails began to break her ivory skin, drawing her blood. She mentally scolded herself for being so careless. She froze as a pair of arms encircled her waist. "Where are you going, koi?" the silver-haired man asked. "I- I… to the kitchen. I think… I need a glass of water." She said. "Be sure that… I will find your scent there in the morning…," the man said, his tongue licking the bite mark that forever marks her as his. She shuddered despite her thick sleeping kimono. "Mochiron." She said, getting out of bed and out of the room.

funny when the bottom drops how she forgets to fight… to fight

She set down the half-consumed glass of water on the kitchen counter. She took a deep, calming breath and closed her eyes, welcoming the images that were unwanted a while ago.

========================= FLASHBACK =========================

"Kagome-chan… don't cry… it will be okay…" Sango said, trying her best to calm down her best friend that was more of a sister to her for the past four years. "Okay? How can you say that? Is it okay that I won't be able to come back home?" Kagome said, anger and hurt clearly heard in her voice, tears falling endlessly from her eyes like the cold, icy rain that continued to fall outside Kaede's hut. "Kagome-chan… I understand how you…" Sango said but Kagome quickly retorted sharply. "Understand? Yeah right! How can you understand how I feel? How can any of you know and understand how I feel?" Kagome replied harshly, "It's not like you've given, sacrificed four years of your life to some place that is not your home!" Everyone in the hut fell silent as Kagome went on.

Miroku sat with his back on the wall, his eyes looking at anything but the young miko. Shippou was on Kagome's lap, trying his best to calm down the person he considered as his mother. Sango was sitting in front of Kagome and had a very hurt look on her face as she felt the pain her best friend was experiencing. Inuyasha was just standing behind Kagome, wearing a very annoyed expression.

"Keh, stop shouting bitch! It's not like someone died or something!" Inuyasha said, very, very angry. Sango looked at Inuyasha. Kagome was about to reply when she heard something she really hates. "Feh, if you were just as strong, as powerful and as smart as Kikyou the well wouldn't have sealed. Worthless replacement." Inuyasha muttered. Everyone heard. Kagome stood up and faced Inuyasha.

"Well, that's it! It's always been Kikyou this and Kikyou that. I cannot believe you are that dense! Why don't you accept that that girl is not living and has betrayed you for your greatest enemy, Naraku? Let me tell you this… I am no replacement! I am not a worthless piece of reincarnation of someone named Kikyou. If you really want her then, fine! Why don't you just go off with that dead bitch and live all your life rotting in hell!" and with those words, Kagome Higurashi ran out of the hut not caring about the icy rain that was falling on her… or the pair of eyes that was following her.

"You baka! How dare you say that to Kagome-chan!" Sango said, Hiraikotsu ready in her hands. "Sango-sama is right, Inuyasha. You knew what she was going through is hard, so why did you say that?" Miroku said. "Inuyasha, you really are a worthless hanyou! If something happens to Kagome, it's all your fault." Sango said as she was about to go out the door in hope of following Kagome, "Shippou-chan, Houshi-sama, are you coming with me?" The said two had just about time to say their approval when a scream pierced the air.

`Kagome!' Inuyasha thought, `But wait… this presence…' Inuyasha's eyes widened. "What is it Shippou?" the houshi asked the kitsune cub. "It's Naraku!" both the kitsune and inu hanyou replied at the same time. "Eh?" came out Sango and Miroku's surprised replies… they have not felt Naraku's presence.

========================= END OF FLASHBACK =========================

She opened her eyes, staring at the full moon beyond the kitchen's windows. She finally decided to go outside to have a little walk. `To hell with him!' she thought as a vision of her mate suddenly came into mind.

as darkness quickly steals the light

that shined within her eyes

She shivered slightly as a cold, slight breeze blew. Still… she made no move to go back to the palace with cold walls she is forced to call home… but only serves as her prison in this era. She took a walk in the gardens, admiring the beautiful flowers that she passed, wondering how such beautiful things can live in a place of icy coldness. Within a few minutes, she reached the lake that was concealed in a mini-forest inside the palace gates. She sat on the banks, admiring the beauty of the moon. Again, she wondered… how could something so beautiful be a symbol of someone who is so cold?

She looked at her reflection on the waters. `I have changed… so much…' she thought as the same face, eyes and hair met her face… but with a more mature sense about them. She sighed. It was getting colder.

As she was about to get up, she felt a presence just behind her. Her eyes widened in fear. "I thought you said you were going to the kitchen. Why is it that you are here?" her mate's voice suddenly sounded behind her. "I… I…" she said, trying to explain but she was quickly silenced as he grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. "Are you trying to disobey me?" he said softly, menacingly. She shook her head, "No." "Then why?" he said.

Before she was given a change to answer, he tore her sleeping kimono, leaving her naked and exposed to the cold, midnight air. He licked the bite mark. "This is the proof that you are MY mate. You will follow whatever I say and you will not lie to me." he said, his hands suddenly all over her. She could not say anything, fearful of what he would do to her.

Then, he shed his clothes and thrust inside of her, not caring about her cries of pain, her pleas of him to stop or the tears that were falling from her eyes. She just took her there and then. As he released his seed into her, he once again bit her neck. After what he had done, he stood up and put on his clothes. He kneeled next to her nude form lying on the ground. He touched the new mark on her neck. "You are mine. I am your master. You will follow whatever I tell you. If you disobey me again, you will be given punishment." he murmured to her. With those words, the Lord of the Western Lands left his mate.

she slowly swallows all her fears

and soothes her mind with lies

She slowly picked herself from the ground… pulling the torn pieces of cloth she once used as a sleeping kimono closer to her body in hope of protecting herself from the biting breeze. She shuddered as a strong wind blew… tears beginning to sting her eyes. `Why? Why does it have to be like this?' she thought, feeling anger and sorrow at the same time.

========================= FLASHBACK =========================

"What is it Inuyasha?" Kagome asked as they suddenly stopped. It is not like Inuyasha to stop suddenly while they were walking. Normally, he was the one who wants to hurry up with their journey. Instead of answering, Inuyasha just gripped the handle of Tetsusaiga tight. "Is it Naraku?" Kagome asked as she felt a strong youki approaching them. "Iie… it's Sesshoumaru." He said, looking up at the clear, blue sky. And, as sure as he was, there came Sesshoumaru flying in the skies, accompanied by three other youkai, Jaken and two others they did not know.

As Sesshoumaru and his companions landed, Kagome felt Inuyasha suddenly tense. "What do you want now, Sesshoumaru?" Inuyasha asked angrily, "If you want the Tetsusaiga, just give it up. You can't even touch it." "I see you are as always, Inuyasha." Sesshoumaru said merely in his unemotional voice. Everyone was shocked. There was no hidden hatred in his voice. He looked at Inuyasha's companions. "I see you have your friends with you. Set up camp first and I will tell you what I want." He said.

After a few minutes, when they have finished starting the camp and exchanging pleasantries, the group stated their talk. "So, what is it that you want, Sesshoumaru?" Inuyasha asked, still angry. Before he answered, he looked at the two taiyoukai. "Mochiron, Sesshoumaru-sama." Both of them said and left the group. When the two other taiyoukai were gone, the others saw a slight change in him… as if the cold façade he had was finally beginning to fall. "Inuyasha, I have come here to ask you something." He said with a neutral look on his face.

"Ask, huh? Or is it demand?" Inuyasha said sarcastically. "Mou, Inuyasha. Do you not see Sesshoumaru is being nice to you? Wouldn't you at least act civil?" Kagome said as Miroku and Sango nodded their approval. "Why do you care about it bitch?" Inuyasha replied. Well, that did it. Kagome muttered the spell and Inuyasha found himself sprawled to the ground. Sesshoumaru, on the other hand, had an amused expression on his face.

After the spell wore off and Inuyasha once again assumed a sitting position, they started the conversation once again with Inuyasha slightly polite than before. "So… Inuyasha, I am here to say that I, Sesshoumaru, will help in the fight against Naraku." The Lord of the Western Lands stated. Everyone was shocked for the hundredth time that day. "Why do you want to help us defeat Naraku?" Kagome asked, curious as to what his reasons were.

Sesshoumaru simply smiled, earning more than shocked glances from everyone. "Kagome-sama, am I right?" he asked her, continued when Kagome nodded her head, "Naraku has hurt one that belongs to me, and I will not forgive him for it. He has clearly defied me." Before someone got a chance to ask anything, he continued. "Besides, Inuyasha is my brother. He is the Prince of the Western Lands by birthright. Would not it be right, that I help my brother in this fight?"

That day, Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru settled their difference. Sesshoumaru promised to help them… and so did the allies of the Western Lands. That day marked the end of the dispute between the brothers... or so they thought. No one expected what was to come after everything regarding Naraku was settled.

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------

`Inuyasha, we did it!' Kagome thought as she drifted back to consciousness. Finally, after so many years, Naraku has been defeated. She slowly raised herself from the ground, mindful of the pain in her body and of the slight headache that has been growing by the second. She looked around her. The clearing that has served as the battleground had a few craters in them, some remains of youkai were left though mostly were purified by the blasts of miko energy she released during the fight.

She looked for her companions. Shippou was just beside her, Miroku about 25 feet to her left, Sango was about 10 feet to her front with Kirara, Kohaku was just about a foot or two from Sango, Kouga and the three other wolf youkai were about 40 feet to her right. `Strange…' she thought, `Where are Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru?' She thought they might have been purified by her energy but it was impossible. The many times she has used her purification energy, Inuyasha was not affected. Sesshoumaru has Tensaiga, and that sword protects him from such things that go in league with purification energy, well… at least that was what he explained.

She was about to do a search when she felt two youki… two familiar youki behind her. She turned around and saw the brothers she was looking for. Odd… but the two seemed fighting. She was about to call out to the two of them when she saw Sesshoumaru thrust Toukijin into Inuyasha's body. Her eyes widened and she felt herself shiver in fear. `No…' she thought as Inuyasha's lifeless body hit the ground. She ran towards him, not caring even though her body hurt like hell. "Inuyasha…" she said, tears coming freely from her eyes.

Everyone was awake by the time she reached Inuyasha. They were all shocked as to what Sesshoumaru has done. They had thought that he had change. "He is dead, my dear miko." He said. A few minutes was all it for her friends to fall. She turned to her friends abruptly and saw Sesshoumaru killing all of them. "No!" she screamed as she let out an energy blast… but it was no use. Tensaiga has protected Sesshoumaru. Suddenly, Sesshoumaru was next to her. He injected her with poison, only enough to let her fall unconscious. "You are mine now, miko." She heard him say before she completely succumbed to the cold darkness.

========================= END OF FLASHBACK =========================

She looked at the moon again. `How can he be so mean?' She thought, `How can he be so heartless?' "How?" she whispered into the wind, hoping to hear it answer. She got up slowly, but before she reached the exit of the mini-forest, she collapsed.

================================================================ ============

A/n: well, this was supposed to be a one-shot. But, since I'm in a writer's block, I thing I'll just have it for now. I think I need about… five to ten reviews to continue? I mean… it isn't like I'm blackmailing you or anything, right? Well then, ja ne minna-san!