InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Paradise ❯ Paradise ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Paradise

By KazeShinai

A/N: Another angsty romance fic from me, except this one's for Sesshomaru and Rin. I have borrowed the lyrics of "Paradise" by Vanessa Carleton. I don't own it; I don't own Inu-Yasha. So don't bug me about disclaimers… Rated for the ending…Please don't flame me because it's sad… Please review at the end… And just to let you know, this is a one shot…

~Paradise~

Rin was eighteen. For twelve years, she served in Sesshomaru's castle… And for three… For three long, lamentable, eternity-like years… She watched her lord, Sesshomaru, with longings that she knew he would never fulfill… Only a female youkai would be the mate of Sesshomaru's… Only a youkai… For this, she hated all female youkai…

Knowing that only they had a chance with the object of her forbidden affections… If Sesshomaru were to know…

A few tears escaped her eyes…

Sorrowful, unrelenting tears, started to pour as she realized what she would have to do…

No longer could she live with him, keeping her feelings hidden, unnoticed by him…

No longer could she tell herself any more lies, any more wishes that she knew would never come true…

once upon a year gone by, she saw herself give in

She couldn't take it anymore…

She closed her eyes, and saw images from beautiful dreams that would visit her in her sleep… Dreams of Lord Sesshomaru accepting her as she was… Loving her… As she was…

every time she closed her eyes, she saw what could have been

She blew a lone candle that lit her room, and opened the door to her room, and crept out quietly into the torch lit hall… Slowly, silently, she made her way down the hall… To his room…

well nothing hurts and nothing bleeds, when covers tucked in tight

Trying hard to ignore the excruciating pain in her heart, she opened the door to his room…

Funny when the bottom drops and she forgets to fight…to fight…

She treaded softly on the wooden floor, to the bed where he lay…

She climbed into the bed next to him, reaching a hesitant hand out to his sleeping form…

Tears still trailing down her cheeks, she traced her finger on the face she soon would no longer be able to behold… She took one of his clawed hands to her cheek… She wished he wasn't sleeping…She wished… She wished he had accepted her…

and it's one more day in paradise

Before she could blink, before she realized…

one more day in paradise

His other hand ripped through her chest… Unaware that he was also poisoning her with venom from his nails…

"Nani?!" His voice called out, sitting upright in his bed…

"Sesshomaru-sama…" Rin choked out, blood trailing out of her mouth as she spoke… Tears still streaming… Ignoring the stinging, throbbing pain that emanated from the hand of the one she loved…

"Rin?!" Sesshomaru gasped, heavenly amber eyes glowing in the dark, her crumpled form falling onto him…

"Gomen nasai…Sesshomaru-sama…" Rin whispered faintly, her eyes meeting his…

as darkness quickly steals the light, that shined within her eyes

'This is the way it has to be…' her mind reasoned…

she slowly swallows all her fear and soothes her mind with lies

"Nani ka?" Sesshomaru asked, sounding frantic, trying desperately to register what was happening…

well all she wants and all she needs are reasons to survive

She looked up at him, "…for not being good enough for you…Sesshomaru-sama…" She gasped, holding his hand tight…

"Nani? Rin… I need to get my hand…I need to get Tenseiga…" He said, starting to shift the hand that was buried deep in the flesh of her torso… His eyes shown in concern, ever-frantic concern…

"Iie…Sesshomaru-sama…" She said, eyes pleading…"Stay here…with me…onegai…"

a day in which the sun will take her artificial light...her light

Sesshomaru withdrew his hand from her grip, and held her close… "Rin…"

and it's one more day in paradise

"Doshite…?" Rin asked feebly, her body trembling…

one more day in paradise

"Doshite…? Nani…?" He replied, she thought he sounded like he was trying to hold back tears…

it's one more day in paradise

" Why… did you save me… if I was human…?" Rin asked, finding solace that Sesshomaru had his arm around her…

one last chance to feel alright...alright

" I don't…know… Rin…why did you do… This?"

don't pretend to hold it in just let it out

If she didn't tell him now, he would never know…

don't pretend to hold it in just push it out

If she didn't tell him now, while she was lying here…

don't you try to hold it in, just let it all out

If she didn't tell him now…While she was lying here in his arms…

don't you try to hold it in you hold it in

He would never know…

" I love you, Sesshomaru-sama…" she whispered tremulously, using the last of her strength to press her lips to his, in a first and final, desperate, passion-filled kiss…

and it's one more day in paradise

one more day in paradise…

She pulled back, eyes heavy lidded, willing now to die… Willing now to die for her crime of loving her lord…

"Rin…" Sesshomaru whispered, holding her to him… "…Aishiteru…"

once upon a year gone by…

Rin's eyes widened, " I wished I would have known…Sesshomaru-sama…"

she saw herself give in

" I will use Tenseiga…"

"Don't… It's…better this way…" Rin whispered, falling limp against the tai inu-youkai…

she saw what could have been…

~Owari~

Learning Japanese with KazeShinai (wind sword in English)

Gomen nasai-I'm so sorry

Iie-no

onegai-please

owari-end, farewell

doshite-why

nani-what

nani ka-what for

youkai-demon

inu tai youkai- noble dog demon (or something like that…Sesshomaru's an inu-youkai of noble blood as far as I know…)

aishiteru-I love you

^.~

I've decided to start recommending fics… I think I have a pretty good sense of when a story is good or not… I have decided to put two selections in for Paradise (I personally don't enjoy reading my own fics... Probably because I wrote them… But other people seem to enjoy them so…).

Broken-By Quickening

- An Inu-Yasha fic about what would supposedly happen if Inu-Yasha's enchanted beads were broken and Kagome was no longer able to control him…

PG-13- for violence, Inu-Yasha's mouth, and some slight sexual innuendoes

-Finished-

Zero Soul-By Vegie-kun

-A slightly AU Gundam Wing fic… Occurs after the Endless Waltz… Another rebellion is breaking loose… Relena is again taken hostage, and this time, Heero is not the only "perfect soldier"

R-Violence, Language

-Finished-

~)*(~

Other Inu-Yasha fics by KazeShinai

­Because of You

-An Inu/Kagome fic. Happens directly after Manga volume 14 of Inu-Yasha (for anime watchers that's when Kagome goes back to her time after Koga and Inu-Yasha fight the harpy demons and Inu-Yasha has another dumb argument with Kagome)…

I think it's PG for right now…

W.I.P. (work in progress)

My Lord Sesshomaru

-A Rin/Sesshomaru fic mostly from Rin's POV. Rin is now in her upper teens, recognizing her feelings for Sesshomaru is not easy when he is a supposed human hating tai youkai…

PG-13 for language and eventual suggestive themes…

W.I.P.