InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pill Poppers Anonymous ❯ Let's Try Not To Get Too Embarrassed, People. ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu Yasha.
 
Thanks to everyone who commented! I haven't written in so long that when I got reviews I was like “Oh yeah! I forgot that you can get these things!” Actually, I think that every time I write, cuz I hardly get any! XD But that's cool. I write to write, not to get reviews. They're just a bonus. ^.^ Hey, special thanks to Moonshadow14 for the awesome review. Ya totally made my day, chica! And thanks to Kagome14 (for always being a doll and reviewing ^.^) and for referring Moonshadow14 to me. What a cutie! Love love love to y'all! Cheers!
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
Kagome hurled herself at her bed, where she landed with a THUMP-creeeeeeek-kuh. Her mind was filled with black ooze that was tearing her imagination to shreds with one horrible idea after another. Should she kill him in his sleep, or just slip arsenic into his coffee? Naw, he was treating her. She couldn't kill him. He was what was keeping her from going completely mental. That, and she couldn't deal with Rin full-time as her caretaker. Just the thought made her shiver. So much perkiness… *shudder* So, instead of murder, she just sulked.
`That bastard,' she thought as she gripped her fluffy pillow in anger. `That freaking, dog-eared bastard. I hope he runs into something and breaks his nose. His perfect nose. Placed perfectly onto his perfect face-SHIT NO KAGOME!!! Snap out of it, woman! You don't like him. He's a bastard. Just keep repeating that.'
 
 
`I wonder when he'll be back…' She didn't have to wonder long, though, for a soft knock on her door informed her that someone was coming in to check on her.
 
“Inu Yasha?” she asked hopefully. But it was not Inu Yasha. It was Kikyo. The pale nurse leaned forward, peeked into the room, saw that Kagome was alone, slipped in, and shut the door tight behind her. A devilish slink was in her walk. What little emotion that was in her face showed a feeling that Kagome didn't recognize. The young woman shifted uncomfortably under the cold glare of the nurse.
 
“Um… can I help you, Kikyo?” she asked. Kikyo said nothing. Kagome attempted again. “What are you doing in this wing? Is Rin sick?”
 
“No,” she said briskly. “I work this wing with Inu Yasha now.”
 
“Oh really? Well I'm sure he really appricia-“ With lightning-fast reflexes, Kikyo snatched up Kagome's wrist and dug her nails in deep. Kagome stifled a scream of shock and pain.
 
“Listen up, you little bitch. Inu Yasha is mine, you hear me? MINE. If you so much as look at him sideways in the hall, I'll make you wish you'd never been born. Understood?” Kikyo hissed. Kagome bit her lip. A trickle of blood seeped out from under Kikyo's nails.
 
“U-understood…” Kagome whimpered.
 
“Good.” The nurse extracted her blood-stained nails out of Kagome's wrist with a flick of her arm. Then, as if nothing had happened, she said “Don't forget to take your medicine,” and left. Kagome stared at the empty room in shock.
 
“What the hell…?” she muttered to herself. The marks weren't that deep, but they stung like heck. Knowing full well that she couldn't get Inu Yasha to treat her wound (for then he'd know about Kikyo attacking her), Kagome got a knee-high sock from her drawer and made a makeshift bandage. She tied it off with a sad frown, sighing.
 
“Why so down?” a small voice asked. She turned her head in the direction of the voice. It was that younger patient, Shippo, who had recently joined them (and even more recently blown up the kitchen). She put a fake smile on.
 
“I'm not down, I'm just thinking,” she said convincingly. It was a line she had used too many times to count. It's not like she could explain it any other way, or like she WOULD explain it any other way. She sighed again, but this time a little more up-beat. Had to keep up the façade. The nine-year-old fox-demon wasn't falling for it.
 
“Uh-huh. I see what's going on here,” he said with a crafty grin. “I've got my eye on you…” and with that he backed up out of her room. For a split second, Kagome felt like one of those characters in a webcomic that has a thought bubble above their head that says “…wtf?” She shook herself out of her image. God, what a bloody hectic day. She looked up at her ceiling, exhausted.
 
“So what's the deal with today?” she asked the moulding tiles. “Is my life not weird enough, or are you just bored?” Not really expecting an answer any time soon, Kagome trudged out of her room to go on a little field trip. First stop: to see Shippo again. Yeah, he had just come and visited her (technically), but… `I've got my eye on you”? What was up with that? She had to find out. Well, truth be told, she really just wanted to know what the hell he was doing in NIMH. He didn't seem like he had any problems, and Kagome had been around a LOT of problem cases in her life. He just seemed… bored. Or maybe she just wasn't seeing the whole picture.
 
“Hey Walt,” she mumbled a greeting to the kleptomaniac who was bent over a mousetrap. He was squatting beside it in a staring contest with the piece of cheese that was sitting pleasantly on the trigger pad. Across from him was a mouse in the same position. Kagome stared. It was just too much. She whipped out her cell phone and took a picture, resolving to put it on her blog when she returned home. Ah, the blog of a schizo. `You think I'd get more people visiting it. I AM a crazy person, after all…' she wondered in an off-hand way. She would have thought about it more, but found that she was at Shippo's door. Without knocking, she unceremoniously swept into the room.
 
“Yo, kiddo, it's me,” she said blandly. It took her a few seconds to realize that he had company. Honestly, it took her about five seconds and a couple double-takes. Inu Yasha was sitting next to Shippo on his bed and talking to him about God knows what. When Kagome entered he stood, making a move to leave. She put a hand on his arm.
 
“Wait, Inu Yasha-“ she began.
 
“I'll talk to you later, okay Shippo?” he said curtly as he tried to take his arm out of her grip.
 
“Inu Yasha! I said wait!”
 
“And I heard you. I just don't care.”
 
“Oh come on. Don't be like this. Please, I just wanna say I'm sorry and forget the whole thing. Can we do that? Please?” Her eyes grew to an impossible size and her bottom lip pouted ever so slightly. Her mind was racing with ideas and anxieties. All that was in his head was a little voice that just said, very sweetly:
 
`F~CK!!'
 
“Sure, whatever,” he grunted.
 
“YAY! I'm so glad we can be friends again!” She leapt on him and squeezed him into this python-death-grip-of-doom. He waved his arms like a penguin preparing for flight. All he wanted was to get her off. Doctors shouldn't touch their patients outside of treating them. At least that's what he always found to be the safest thing. When the python hug ended, they stood there, looking and feeling rather uncomfortable. Shippo rolled his eyes.
 
“So d'you want me to leave you two alone or what? I don't mind leavin', cuz I really don't wanna have to watch if I don't have to,” he said matter-of-factly. Kagome blushed crimson. Inu Yasha looked like he had just been slapped across the face with a week-old mackerel.
 
“WHAT?!” he exclaimed. “SHIPPO! I-we-NO! NO NO NO! God, a kid like you shouldn't even KNOW about that sort of-AUGHI'MLEAVINGDAMMIT!” He stormed out of the room, completely mortified. When the hanyou was a safe distance away, Shippo put a hand next to his mouth and whispered:
 
“He wants to jump your bones. He told me. Don't know what that means, though.” Kagome tried her hardest not to laugh. What else could she do? She already was embarrassed to the point of crying. With a sigh of utter unbelievability-ness, she flopped down onto his bed. The air rushed out of her lungs with a tiny puff as she hit the mattress with her back. A small chuckle wiggled its way out from behind her partially closed lips.
 
“You're something else, Shippo.”
 
“Yeah yeah,” he grumbled. “So what's up?”
 
“Huh…?” she droned. She was lost in a fantasy world of candles, Barry White, bubble bath, and a certain sexy doctor. The same sly smirk that was on his face earlier found it's way back onto his lips.
 
“Ah, I know what you're thinkin' about…” he nodded with a furtive look. She cocked her head. “You want him, don't you?” he smiled.
 
“I most certainly do not!” she said in surprise.
 
“Yeah right. I might be young, but I'm not stupid or blind.” She bit her lip. “HA! So I'm right!” Shippo dashed out of his room. “Hey, Inu Yasha! Inu Yasha!!!”
 
The doctor turned; looking up lazily from a folder of papers he had open. His face flushed when he saw Shippo.
 
“What is it?” he asked, still a little embarrassed.
 
“Guess what Kagome told me! She wants to-“
 
“-KILL SHIPPO, THAT'S WHAT!” she screamed as she rugby-tackled the fox-demon from behind. The pair flew a yard in the air, hit the tiles, and slid for another yard or two, squealing, before coming to a halt at the feet of a very amused half-demon. Inu Yasha snorted out a dog-ish laugh.
 
“Yeah, I know this is a mental hospital, but you CAN act sane sometimes, you know,” he commented.
 
“Us? Sane? What, are you nuts?” Shippo asked. Inu Yasha gave him a look. The young boy just grinned.
 
“Anyway, what were you saying, Shippo?”
 
“Oh, just that Kago-“ *SMACK!* “OWW! Inu Yasha, Kagome hit me!”
 
“What do you want me to do about it?”
 
“Can't ya stop her or tie her up or give her some pills or something?”
 
“I don't think they make pills for an affliction like that, Shippo.”
 
“What the hell is that supposed to mean!?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
“Yeah freaking right!”
 
“OW SHIT THAT'S MY LEG! STOP WITH THE BITING!”
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
Let the chaos begin.