InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pill Poppers Anonymous ❯ You Always Hurt The Ones You Love ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from the show Inuyasha. They are strictly © Rumiko Takahashi. Please disclaimer all fanfics. Thank you.
 
 
 
Ch-san: wooooooooow….. been long enough? ^.^;;; See, yeah, I sorta forgot about my fanfics. I've been doing art nowadays. I have a comic (www.furry2esc.com) that I created and neglected, and have an account on DeviantArt now (chihiro-san) so… WRITING!
 
Actually, what spurred me to continue my fanfic was Moonshadow14's review:
 
 
nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! you gotta update now cuz school's out, and i realize that most of your long unupdatedness was probably because of finals, but now schools out and you gotta update because i love your story and now that its summer i can actually read it!!!!! please? i love you!!
 
*hugs Moonshadow14* I thought that nobody actually read my stuff, let alone cared about it!! ^.^() Thank you so much for the nice reminder that my stuff is actually read. Ta~!
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
Kagome and Shippo fought their way back to their rooms while Inu Yasha looked on in a bemused way. Those two… he swore that he'd cure them last, because they were just too much fun to have around. `Oh shit, that's right…' he thought angrily. He needed to get on with his doctor-ly duties. With two weeks left to cure five patients, he was getting a little antsy. But, if his observations were correct, he would only have to help four patients from now on. However, he would have to talk to Dr. Higurashi before he got the patient cleared, and THAT would be a tough one. He grimaced as her scowling face popped up in his mind. Why oh WHY did he have to have her for a boss? Why did she have to be in his life at ALL? Bugger. He trotted over to Shippo. The fox daemon was about to turn the corner to go into his room.
 
“Shippo!” Inu Yasha called out. The youngster stopped and glanced over his shoulder.
 
“Yeah?” he droned lazily.
 
“You… Well, why are you here in NIHM?” he asked sincerely. The youth looked at him blankly. A sudden glimmer of pain was in his eyes.
 
“I-I'm crazy, doc. You know that,” he faltered.
 
“No you're not, Shippo. You know that. What is it, really?” The fox daemon suddenly became angry.
 
“None of your damn business!” he yelled out and made a break for his door. Inu Yasha was on top of him in a split second.
 
“I'm your doctor! It IS my business, Shippo! Why are you here if you're not sick, hm? What's going on in your life that would make you come here?!”
 
“Nothing!!!” the little one shrieked.
 
“THEN WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!” his doctor yelled back.
 
“BECAUSE I HATE MY LIFE!” Inu Yasha stopped wrestling with him and let him up. They stared at each other for a bit, panting with exhaustion. Shippo was strong for his size. Not that Yasha would ever admit that. He wasn't about to be outdone by a kid.
 
“A lot of people hate their life, Shippo. I hate my life.” Shippo gave him a look.
 
“Yeah right you do.”
 
“Oh? I have a crappy-ass job, a bitchy boss, a shitty apartment, get paid half what I should, no car, ONE friend, AND I get hassled by insane sonsofbitches like YOU all day long! Oh, and let's not forget that because I'm a HALF-BREED, everyone HATES ME.”
 
“And you're grumpy.” Shippo added.
 
“AND I'M GRU-I'm what?!” Inu Yasha exclaimed. His eyes narrowed with frustration as Shippo laughed. “A-HEM. But you get my point. Life sucks, kiddo. You can't come hide in here because you don't want to face life.” The laugher died in Shippo's throat as his gaze fell to his feet. He knew the doctor was right, but… “So are you going to check out?” Inu Yasha asked. Shippo nodded.
 
~*~
 
A sigh tumbled out from between Inu Yasha's lips as he waltzed out of Dr. Higurashi's office triumphantly. Only four patients left. Just four. That was two per week. He could do it. He was sure he could.
 
`I'm gonna diiieee!' he thought helplessly. `No! Be strong! HRM! Strong!' With his chest stuck forward with pompous-ness and chin held high, he marched towards the E-wing, and Kimi's room. He was determined to help her as much as possible. Right now she was the focus of his troubles. Ever since she had gotten Charley, her “prescription”, she'd been doing a lot better. Her split personality disorder was slowly mending itself. The more she focused her time and energy on Charley, the more parts of her personality merged. Her love for her dog was pushing her past all the uneasiness and pain of being neglected as a toddler. But the hatred remained, and that's what worried Inu Yasha the most.
 
He crept up to Kimi's door and knocked. She was supposed to be down for her nap, but for some reason the door was open just a little.
 
“Kimi?” he called into her room. It was pitch-black. The curtains were drawn tight and the lights in her room were smashed out. `What the hell…?' he thought. Light flooded into the little room as he pushed his way in further. The first thing that hit him was the colour red. Red was everywhere. `Dammit, did someone give Kimi a magic marker again? I TOLD them to stop doing that! It's a miracle that… she…' His ponderings stopped short when he felt something crack under his shoe. Reluctantly, he looked down. He was standing on Charley's foot. Just Charley's foot. The taste of vomit entered his mouth as his surroundings began to swirl. The walls, the floor, the ceiling… it was painted with blood. A wave of cold, primal fear flooded over him. Why didn't he smell the blood earlier? A stash of empty sterilizer bottles were shoved into one of the corners. Kimi had sprayed the room so much that it smelled just like every other room in the hospital. Then it hit him: where was Kimi?
 
“KIMI!” he yelled, half-panicked.
 
“No need to shout, doctor,” a quiet voice murmured from the shadows beside him. He whipped around. There, on her bed, was Kimi, and in her lap was Charley's head. The retriever's eyes were taped shut, and he was wearing his collar like a crown, seeing as he no longer had a neck. His body was tossed aside next to Kimi's pillow. It was shredded and limp like a water balloon that went through a blender. Fearfully, Inu Yasha stepped back a pace.
 
“Kimi… why, Kimi? Why did you kill Charley?” he asked, dismayed.
 
“I… he…” she spat. “He bit me!” She lifted her hand up. Sure enough, a small cut ran across her pinky finger.
 
“He bit you?! You killed him because he bit you!?”
 
“But doctor! He… he didn't love me! Nobody loves me! He's just a dumb animal! He didn't care! Nobody cares!” she shrieked. Her face was streaming with tears.
 
“He did care, Kimi!” Inu Yasha argued.
 
“Then why did he bite me?!?” she wailed.
 
“BECAUSE HE DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER!! He's an animal, for God's sake! He didn't know any better!” he bellowed.
 
“Mom and Dad knew better and they still know better and they don't care! They don't love me! Nobody loves me!!” she bawled.
 
“I DO, KIMI!” Inu Yasha shouted. Kimi stared at him blankly, eyes wide with amazement. As if to reassure herself of something, she lifted Charley's head up, staring at it long and hard. Then, as if seeing it for the first time, she screamed a high-pitched, unearthly scream and fainted. A thick blanket of intensity fell upon the room. Inu Yasha gave himself a few moments of breathing time to collect his thoughts. This also gave him time to examine Kimi's handiwork. Within seconds he was bending over her toilet, throwing up.
 
~*~
 
“So how is she?” Inu Yasha asked Rin. The young nurse had taken Kimi out of her room and put her in another room while the custodians cleaned up the “mess” in the previous room. Rin bit her lower lip.
 
“Actually doctor, she's in a coma,” she said hesitantly.
 
“She's WHAT?!” he exclaimed.
 
“The shock was too much for her system! I mean, wouldn't something like that be a shock for you, too? I don't know how long she'll be like this, but… hey, um, I do have some good news! We finally found some good pills for your manic depressive patient and she was released today! Not bad, huh? Releasing two patients in one day, eh?” She nudged him, trying to be perky and optimistic, but he just wasn't feeling in the mood.
 
“Not today Rin, please. I just… I just want to go home.” He sighed heavily and wandered out of Kimi's new room. How could one little girl do so much damage? How could he be stupid enough to let her? And most importantly, would Higurashi-san find out? `Well,' he thought, `if she doesn't know by now, the she probably won't ever know.' This did little to settle his nerves. What if Kimi didn't wake up in time and he ended up losing his job? How would he explain to the new doctor that she was put into a stress-induced coma after viciously slaughtering her pet puppy? How would that sound coming from a half-daemon, and not only that, but a dog daemon? Another weighted sigh escaped from his lips. All he could do was catch the bus home and wait.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
Ch-san: Sorry it's so short, y'all, but *tsk* finals. They suck. Not only that, but the rest that I want to do need to be in other chappies. Actually, there won't be too many more chappies, come to think. This story is progressing nicely; a lot smoother than I thought. Any mistakes I may have made, I'm sorry. I haven't written my story in a while, so I had to go over and re-read some of it to remember what it was about. ^^() Lovies~!