InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pinkie Swear ❯ Unseen ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: The characters of InuYasha are not mine, they are property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I do not make any money from the writing of this story. No copyright infringement is intended. This was written with the sole intent of the reader's satisfaction and the author's own personal satisfaction.
=#= Unseen =#=
The fire burns low and gentle in the late night, the hiss and sputter of its dying embers a murmur of peaceful discontent amid the soft sounds of the night creatures. In the blanketing darkness, the slightest whimper from her goes unheard save by one.
The shifting shadows of the dancing flames almost conceal the movement of a cruel, clawed, sword callused hand. They almost hide the way delicate little fingers curl trustingly into that offered embrace.
The spoken sound of a name blends into the spontaneous pops of the burning timber. The silent whoosh of an exhaled breath goes unnoticed except for the dark strands of hair it disturbs.
Amid the symphony of the night, the small sigh of a contented child goes unnoticed save by one. The flickering, faltering light of the campfire flares and dies, illuminating for a moment the slight smile and gentle eyes of a cold, beautiful, inhuman face.
=#=