InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Porject Unknown ❯ Chapter1 ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

The next chapter! People out here; please review so at least I know if I should continue. I don't want to waste time on a fic nobody reads. Anyway, enjoy!

And here's something I forgot to put up last time.

Disclaimer: Rumiko Takahashi owns Inuyasha, not me, so that's it!

Project Unknown

Chapter 1

Kagome stomped upstairs into her room, a frighteningly dark expression on her face that made Buyo scamper out of the way while she continued up the stairs.

'Damn that Inuyasha…' she thought angrily as she slammed open the door and walked into her room.

"Well! Look who's back! It so rare seeing you this angry!"

Kagome, startled by the voice, snapped her head towards the direction of the source. In front of her, sitting on her chair, was a woman, or was it a teenage girl? Her auburn hair was short, though the fringe covered her eyes. She was wearing a white lab coat, making her seem like a scientist of some sort.

Kagome blinked, puzzled at what the woman had said.

"Oh for god's sake, you look strange like that. I don't remember you having such an expression on your face ever. Cut out the act. I'm not here to play." the woman exclaimed, seeming a bit impatient.

Kagome continued looking at her with the same look.

The woman leaned forward, studying Kagome carefully. After which she stood up.

"Well, it is no mistake. You're her all right. Hey. Remember me?"

Kagome, recovering a bit from the shock of seeing a complete stranger in her room who treated her like an old friend, shook her head slightly.

The woman's expression, which was easier to see now that her fringe had parted a little to reveal emerald eyes behind a pair of glasses, was one of disbelieve.

"Hey there! Stop fooling me. Of course you know me!"

The only answer she got was a barely audible 'huh?' and a wonderful minute of silence.

The woman muttered something to herself and then looked up at Kagome again.

"We'll meet again soon." Those were her last words as a blast of blinding light filled the room. As Kagome looked up again, she was gone.

'What a strange woman. She gives me the creeps.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

"INUYASHA!!!!" A wailing Shippou cried out for the hundredth time. The sulking demon just ignored him.

"Shippou, give it up. It won't work." Miroku murmured as he watched from aside. "Those two got into a really big argument this time. Let them calm down."

The little fox demon looked at the well sadly.

"Btu what if Kagome won't come back again?"

"Don't worry. She will. So come on now and let's get back to the village. If I know Inuyasha well enough…" Sango said, looking at Inuyasha wearily.

Inuyasha watched as they disappeared among the trees.

'Keh! What do they take me for? This time, I'm not going to find Kagome until she come and apologize to me!'

5 minutes later…

Inuyasha's ear twitched uneasily. A sweatdrop formed on his face.

'Ah well…I'll go and get her back. Don't she even think about having a holiday.' he thought as his legs carried him to the well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Kagome stood there, staring at the spot where the woman has once stood.

'Who is she?'

Her thoughts were interrupted by a red flash outside her window. The next thing she knows, she was looking into a pair of golden eyes.

"Inuyasha?……………&hellip ;.Osuwari."

Another flash of red followed by a loud thud confirmed her guess.

She opened her window and looked down. There it is, an angry dog demon sprawled on the ground cursing and trying to get up.

"Inuyasha! What are you doing here?" she shouted as Inuyasha pried himself from the ground and jumped up the tree again.

"You said that you will only stay here for a little while!" he shouted back.

"Huh? Did I?" Kagome's face suddenly looks a bit blank.

"Of course you did! Don't you remember?"

"Umm…no. Guess the shock made me forget…"

Now, it was Inuyasha's turn to look blank.

"Shock?"

"It's nothing, actually. It's okay. Just forget it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

"This is the first time you actually came back that fast after a fight that big…" Sango commented in disbelieve.

"It's just that I forgot to be angry after seeing that woman…" Kagome replied, her hands under her chin in a thoughtful manner.

"Huh? What woman?"

"Nothing…just someone who thought that I was someone she knew…maybe she got the wrong person." Kagome said unconvincingly.

"Maybe…"

Just at that moment, the sound of something collapsing was heard.

'And the game begins…'

"Huh? What was that?" Kagome asked, startled by the voice that had suddenly rang out in her mind.

"What was…what?" Sango asked, looking at her, puzzled. She, unlike Kagome, had heard nothing besides the sound of people screaming.

"Nothing. Maybe I'm just imagining things…" Kagome quickly shook her head and turned back to what was causing the sudden commotion.

It was neither youkai nor some sort of monster. In fact, the attacker seems perfectly normal and innocent.

It was a little girl.

Yet, unlike Kanna, who was emotionless and looked the part of a youkai in spite of her size, this girl seem completely normal, not a thing about her give away the fact that she could demolish a whole building without even touching it.

She was laughing happily, just like any child would laugh when they saw something that makes them happy, not out of cruel pleasure, nor of insanity. Just pure happiness.

That was one thing puzzling of her, but it was nothing compared to the other.

She was wearing a small dress and a summer hat, accompanied by little boots. There would have been nothing wrong with this if this had not been ancient Japan, but then it is and there is surely no girl then who wears western clothing.

Fortunate or unfortunate nobody knows but she chose that moment to turn and look into the direction of the place where Kagome stood frozen to the spot.

The moment the child's eyes land on Kagome, a squeal of excitement escaped from her mouth, followed by words that sounds foreign, yet understandable al the same.

"Ah ah! So he is right after all! You really are here!!! That's so good! You can play with me again! Come! I want to play catch!"

The words rang over and over again in Kagome's mind. It sounds strangely familiar, like she had heard it before, long long ago. Something far in the corner of her memories seems to be struggling to get out.

Sometimes, you just have to take a gamble with life.

Yes! Someone used to say that to her. But who? Who was it? Why can't she remember?

Then before her, the scenery changed. A dark, cold, horizon. An endless pit of nothingness. Something was on the other side. A person.

Come.

Who was that?

Come back.

Do I…know her?

To where you belong.

Kagome…

I…need to get to the other side…

Kagome!

I…have to…

KAGOME!!!!

She jerked up at the sound of someone screaming her name. What she sees was not the darkness but the clear blue sky, adorned by pure white clouds. She should have felt relieved, but she was not, and she could not tell why.

Then her attention was turned to her surroundings. She was in Kaede's hut. Beside her were Miroku, Sango and Inuyasha. Shippou was crouching on Inuyasha's shoulders so that he could see. They were all looking at her with worried faces.

"What happened?" she asked simply after sitting up, uneasy at the attention they were giving her.

"Remember the little girl?"

They received a nod.

"After she looked at you and said all those strange stuff, you fainted."

"Strange stuff?"

"Didn't you hear? All those gibberish. Must be some other language."

'Why had that made sense to me and not to them? I could understand her!'

"Kagome, is something wrong?" Sango asked concernedly.

Kagome shook her head silently, for some reason wanting to keep the knowledge to herself.

"What happened to the girl?"

"She disappeared."

Kagome nodded slowly. Something told her that she will meet her again.

Okay…know it's short. I'll try to make it longer next time. Please review!