InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Presenting, My Slave, My Mate ❯ Slave No Longer ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

InuTaisho and Sesshoumaru looked around at the market place. Some traveling youkai were selling all of their slaves for a large sum of money, but that did not trouble the lord and his eldest son.
 
“Sesshoumaru, try to find one that would bear a strong heir for your brother, but make sure she's beautiful as well. InuYasha's youki is strong enough that a strong female, no matter what its race, will be full inu youkai. But I want my grandchild to look like royalty.”
 
“Father, is InuYasha really that strong?”
 
“Yes.” InuTaisho continued looking around the area when he found what he was looking for.
 
He talked to the man who unbound her chains and told her to behave, a dangerous glint in his eye.
 
A young girl about eight years old screamed for the girl, who ran over to her. InuTaisho followed his new slave and forced her away from the young girl she was attempting to calm. InuTaisho bought the young girl, so his new slave present wouldn't reject his idea for mating with his youngest son.
 
A fox kit, that InuTaisho knew was ninety-three (though he appeared seven to humans) by the length of his canines, which InuTaisho had seen around the cart, jumped into the eldest one's arms, scared.
 
Sesshoumaru glared at his father as InuTaisho allowed all of the newcomers to stay. Sesshoumaru was irked though when his father had the new slaves come inside their carriage.
 
InuTaisho looked at the eldest girl who was currently holding two scared children in her lap.
 
“What is your name?” He commanded, the youngest one's eyes flew wide open, and the eldest girl spoke up.
 
“My name is Kagome, master.”
 
“The kit and girl?”
 
“Sir, their names are Shippo and Rin.”
 
“Relationship to you?”
 
“Adopted son and daughter, master.”
 
Sesshoumaru's eyes grew to slits. InuTaisho on the other hand smiled at her, one of his fangs poked out of his mouth, scaring the three.
 
“Don't call me master, for I am not your master, but my youngest son, who is still at my castle is. I am Lord InuTaisho and this is my heir for the Western lands, Sesshoumaru. I have a proposition for you Kagome, and you will do this, the hard way, or the easy was.”
 
Kagome's arms instinctive tightened on the two in her arms, as she nodded.
 
“My youngest son is two hundred years old and I believe it is time for him to find a mate.”
 
Kagome looked confused as to how this involved her. InuTaisho noticed her confusion.
 
“You.”
 
Shippo's eyes widened. “No. She won't do it!” Kagome's eyes widened and she whispered in his ear so quietly that not even InuTaisho could hear her.
 
“Kit, she has no choice.” InuTaisho stated.
 
“Why me, sir?”
 
Sesshoumaru chuckled lightly, “Yes father, why her?”
 
“My son is the heir for the Eastern land. He has decided he refuses to have a mate, and you fit my qualifications. You're also a priestess, so your human blood won't mix into the genetic qualities of your children, only your priestess genetics will.”
 
“If I said no mast- I mean sir?”
 
“We would kill the kids in front of you and then he would mate you.” InuTaisho was becoming irritated.
 
Rin gripped Kagome's arm in fear. Shippo glared at the king, but settled down on his mom's lap.
 
“I'll… do it.” Kagome looked down at the kids in her lap sadly. Kagome gently rubbed Shippo's back trying to calm him down.
 
“You will be called a slave here, but you will be treated like a person of higher standing.”
 
The carriage stopped and everyone got out. First Sesshoumaru, then InuTaisho, and then Rin, Shippo, and Kagome. Rin gasped at the castle before her. It was huge.