InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ PS: With Love ❯ Even So ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kagome woke up on the beach. She felt so weak. Her arms, her legs and everything felt like stone. The way she felt, was weird. Like she accomplished something. She also felt scared. She didn't know why. Kagome couldn't bring herself to even get up. She had a tremendous headache, and her back ached. She managed to get up on her hands and knees, and made a small step at going back to the camp. She stopped and looked at her trembeling hands. "Hojo.." she thought out loud. She saw feet infront of her, and she didn't bother to look up. Without a word Inu picked her up, and carried her to the hut. "I can do it myself..." Kagome groaned. She let her arms go limp. Inuyasha set her down, and was about to go off. "What if we don't get off here?" she said out of the blue. Inuyasha looked startled at her, as if he had never came to that conslusion.
"Uh.." he didn't answer. "We're getting off this island." Kagome cocked her eyebrow.
"But what if we dont?"
"I said we'll get off this island."
Kagome didn't argue because she didn't see any use for it. Her pain still wasn't gone. Her leg and side didn't feel like it was burning as it did yesterday, but it didn't feel great. When Kagome didn't say anything, Inuyasha looked at her. "Trust me." he smiled and looked away. He added more wood to the fire. He took his shirt off, and threw it in the camp. Kagome who had her eyes closed, looked at him, and jumped up. "EXCUSE ME!" she yelled. Inuyasha who was sitting down to rest looked up at her startled. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" she screamed at him. Inuyasha looked down at his bare chest. "What?" Kagome just looked stunned, couldn't beleive he didn't even know. "PUT YOUR SHIRT ON.. IT'S IT'S..""Hot?" Inuyasha smirked. Kagome fell back into the sand, and looked away. "So, is Hojo your boyfriend or something?" The question totally caught Kagome off guard. "Uhh... What?" She knew what he asked but she couldn't understand why that would be important right now. "Is Hojo your boyfriend?"Kagome looked back at Inuyasha and stared blankly at him. "What?" Inuyasha closed his eyes and clenched his fists. "I ALREADY SAID IT." Kagome blinked. "WELL SORRRRY. I Didn't know it bugged you so much!" Inuyasha looked away. "It dosn't.."Kagome smiled. "Hojo.. he's not my boyfriend, but.. I really care for him." Kagome looked at her hands. "He's really sweet. He's my best friend. He just has always been there for me, since forever. I couldn't ever picture a life without him, you know?" she stopped. "Not that you would know I guess. It's not like you have anyone you care about." Kagome didn't even feel the glare that Inuyasha was giving her. "Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions." he stated. He went back to the fire that was almost burnt out. It had been so hot recently. He threw what was last of the wood in the fire. "I have someone I care about, someone that means the world to me. She--" Inuyasha looked at Kagome who was looking right at him, wondering if he was serious. "I don't see why I have to prove to you that I love someone. Why's it so hard to believe?"
"Well.. since you've been a jerk the whole time here, how could anyone ever love you?" Kagome just thought about how Inuyasha treated her the day before.Was she to leave again? It was horrible the way he made her feel. He didn't even appologize. She looked up after pondering this to see Inuyasha's eyes look deeply hurt. It was just so surprising she wasn't even sure what had been done. They just looked at her. Was he going to cry?
'Please don't.' she thought. "I didn't--" Kagome started, but she choked. It was the way he looked at her. Something that told her that she said the wrong wrong thing, and he would never forget it. With her mouth opened Inuyasha spoke up. "I'm gonna' go look for more wood." And with that he ran off, with the face of sadness.