InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Puppet ❯ The Wire ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kay you know the deal I don't own Inuyasha or Lilli. So don't sue me. Also if there are major errors in this chapter .On with the story.

Puppet

The wire

A few hours later Kagome found herself working at the Dinner and show the circus had. The time seemed to have gone by in a blur to Kagome.

After walking for what seemed like forever they had finally reached the circus. The circus had set up on the very edge of the city.

It was not a large circus but by no means humble. The big top was fairly large with its bright Yellow and orange stripes that stood out against the years of dirt and filth that seemed to litter the city. In a way it seemed to glow with a promise of carefree indulgences and escape from the reality of life.

`I can only wish it would take my mind away and let me forget this pain.'

Then heaven on earth aka Inuyasha approached.

Inyuasha lead Kaogme to Keade the circus owner.

Keade reminded Kaogme of a grandmotherly figure and looked somewhat out of place amongst the atmosphere of the circus.

Inuyasha spoken behalf of Kagome and managed to convince Keade that she needed another waitress.

After that she was handed of to one of the other waitresses named April so that she could get an idea of what was expected of her and her outfit for the night.

Rushing back and forth to her assigned tables trying to remember all of the orders and keeping the hem of the red satin dress pulled down as best she could.

When April had shown her the outfit she was expected to wear she was shocked. The red satin dress was probably only and inch from being indecent. It was way to short, tight all over and showed a little more cleavage then she would have liked but she needed the job so she didn't protest.

Then the lights on stage went on and everyone in the audience started clapping.

`Wonder what's going on.'

Keade walks out on stage wearing a red circus master jacket and top hat (couldn't resist) "Ladies and Gentleman it's the moment you have all been waiting for! The Magician Inuyasha and his lovely assistant Kikyo have a grand show prepared for you. Without further ado I present to you The Great INUYASHA!"

Off to the left of Keada a cloud of smoke appeared and out of it walked Inuyasha.

`Oh my God he is so gorgeous!'

Shortly after he walked out a woman who looked to be somewhere in her mid-twenties walked out. She was wearing a red sequined dress that reached all the way to the floor but had slits up to her thighs allowing her free movement.

The show started and Kagome continued with her job except she was not giving it her full attention. She kept watching the act on the stage. She nearly spilled tea in one customers lap and was messing up the orders she actually managed to take. She went back to the bar to get a drink for one of her customers and stopped to watch the show.

Currently the Kikyo lady was being sawed in half. She then turned to look at Inuyasha and his look of absolute seriousness on his face.

*Then he looked up and looked at her and smiled. He stuck his hand out to her beckoning her to come to the stage Kagome walked to him and tuck his hand. He handed her a flower just like he did when she first meet him. Then he draped a sheet over her. When he pulled it away she found herself clothed in a dress like Kikyo's. He grabbed her hand and proceeded to dance with her. It was dancing Kagome had only heard about. It was wild and filled with passion. Then he took her in his arms and kissed her*

Loud clapping snapped Kagome out of her daydream. The show was over. She turned to get back to work but Keade called her over.

"Child I am sorry to do this to ye but ye don't have what it takes to work her. With all the complaints I got ye were more trouble then ye were worth. I just can't have ye standing around getting in the other girls way. I'll give ye the tips and pay ye earned for the night and ye can stay the night on the grounds if ye have nowhere else to sleep but after that I will have to send ye away. I'm sorry child." Then she walked away.

Kagome just stood there shocked.

`I am fired. After only one night I lost my job. Stupid Stupid Stupid! Don't start crying. Go and change back into your clothes. Everything will be okay just calm down'

Kagome walked out of the tent and headed towards the dressing rooms. When she was almost there she heard giggling and moans. The she saw it leaning against a street light was April making out and groping passionately with some guy.

`Wait a second he looks familiar? Oh my god it's Inuyasha!'

Kagome felt the tears rolling down her face as she ran pass the couple.

Inuyasha looked up from sucking on Aprils neck "Who was that?"

"Just the new girl Kagome" moaned April

"Kagome?" he stopped necking and looked after where the girl had run off to.

"Inuyasha? What's wrong?" asked April while rubbing her self against his body.

"Huh? Oh nothing." Replied Inuyasha as he came out of his musings and went back to his previous activities.

Meanwhile Kagome had made it back to the dressing rooms and was struggling to get her clothes on through her tears.

`Why am I crying? Why does my heart hurt? Because you are alone. You hurt because you have no one you are empty. No one cares what happens to you. End your pain. Escape it. Then at least you might be able to be with your family. End it KAGOME! END OUR PAIN!'

During all of her thought s Kagome had walk out of the dressing rooms and found herself standing under the high wire.

She looked up at the lone wire in the night sky. It had to be at least 70 feet in the air. It seemed to shine amongst the stars inviting her to join it up in the air.

She sat down her suitcase and put her hat on top of it. She stopped and looked around her. No one was around it was late and most of the circus workers were settling down for the night.

She then pulled her hair up and pulled of her necklace. She laid it down in her hat and stopped to look fondly at the round pink charm on the chain. It had been a gift from her Grandfather. Some sort of family heirloom. He called it the Shikon No Tama. It was some relic from her family when they lived in Japan. She had planned to ask her Grandpa more about it but he was sent of to war and the next thing she knew he was dead. With that last thought Kagome's tears came back again with full force.

She took one last look around her to make sure she was alone then she began climbing the pole.

Sesshomaru stepped out of his trailer to finish packing up his puppets for the night. He stopped enjoying the cold and silence of the night while looking around him. That is when he saw her.

The girl the Kagome girl she was standing looking up all most wistfully at the high wire.

`Strange girl' Then he noticed the tracks on her face from tears.

He moved closer to wear the girl was but still kept himself hidden. He watched as she sat down her suitcase and hat. The he saw her take of a necklace with pink sphere on it.

`What is this girl up to? She couldn't be thinking about killing herself could she?'

He watched her stare at the necklace she put tenderly into her hat. Then he saw hear eyes start to shimmer and watched as a waterfalls of tears began to flow down her face. She glanced around her apparently making sure no one was watching then she started climbing up the pole.

"Oh dear God! She is going to kill herself. I have to stop her" he whispered to himself he started to head for her then he stopped.

`Wait! Where do you think you are going? If you go to her she will probably just ignore you. Hell how do you know you aren't the one who drove her to this.'

"What can I do?" he almost growled at himself then he looked over at the puppet stand. He quickly and quietly mad his way over and got underneath the black cloth on the back of the stand.

"Pretty Lady! Pretty Lady!"

Kagome heard a childlike voice talking she turned to see where it was coming from. She didn't see anyone. So she called out an almost silent "Hello?"

"Down here pretty Lady" called the small voice.

She looked to where the voice was coming from and she saw a small little puppet with shocking red hair and bright green eyes. She looked closer and realized it was a little fox boy.

"Pretty lady why are you climbing that pole? There's nothing up there."

She stared down at the little child then back to the wire above her.

"I am really lonely will you come down and talk to me? PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE!"

Kagome stared down at the little puppet and found herself climbing down.

Kay look I wrote a really long chapter. I hope you guys like. Let me know about if they should be demons or humans. Review Review. Oh I am foolycoolyshippo on ff.net so this work is not stolen edited a little but not stolen.