InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Breath ❯ Vicious Puppy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Stop -ouch!- moving around -ow!- INUYASHA!" While carrying the restless child back to the village, Inuyasha had been giving Kagome hell every step of the way.

She tried to keep him bundled in the discarded clothes that belonged to his once larger self, but it was hard to do so when he kept trying to get out of her arms or climb over her shoulder.

Not mention she was getting a few scratches and lots of bite marks from his long nails and fangs. He was currently pulling on her hair, growling in displeasure.

Miroku, who was carrying the Tetsusaiga on his shoulder, and Sango were giggling uncontrollably behind her, as if they found it cute to see her trying to have some sort of control over the wild baby.

"It isn't funny you -ouch!- guys!" she growled over her shoulder. Inuyasha growled back at her. She frowned down at him as he bore his tiny fangs at her. His attempt to intimidate her was just too cute. Her face immediately softened and she started to coo and squeal at him as if he were a new puppy. And in a sense, that's exactly what he was.

"You're so adorable!" she said, grinning. Inuyasha obviously didn't like her making odd sounds so he yanked harder, making her yelp and grow angry again.

"Let go, Inuyasha!" she cried. She curled an arm around his middle, the clothes forgotten as they floated to the ground. She grasped his tiny hand and tried prying it off her hair.

Just when he did let go, he lunged forward and latched his mouth onto her finger like a leech and bit down. Kagome stiffened, then let out an ear-splitting scream.

+++

"Hmm," Kaede said as she lifted one of Inuyasha's small arms. He let out a small growl and yanked it away. The old woman watched in interest when he struggled to get to his feet and walk away, the spare ragged clothes having a hard time staying on his small body.

Night had already fallen over the village and the forest that surrounded it. Inside Kaede's hut, everyone was currently sitting around a small fire placed in the middle. Kagome crawled over to the escaping baby and wrapped her arms around his middle.

Inuyasha made a sound between surprise and frustration, then proceeded to wail. Kagome grunted and made small noises of impatience as she tried to hold Inuyasha to her and to quiet him. He continued to cry, which rose in volume every passing minute, and kicked and flailed his limbs out.

"Argh, stop it!" Kagome shouted. Miroku and Sango and Shippou watched in silence. Kaede pushed herself to her feet and walked casually over to her.

"Don't be so rough with him, Kagome. He's only a child," she said calmly before bending down and taking Inuyasha into her own arms. She cradled him and began rocking him, speaking soft nothings to him until he gradually calmed down. Kagome gaped at the old miko.

The baby dog demon grumbled and gurgled as his eyes fluttered closed. Everything was silent after he fell asleep. Kaede bent back down and gently handed him to the roughed up Kagome. She took him back into her arms and cradled him like the older woman had.

"He's being a spoiled brat," she grumbled as she gazed down at the almost angelic facial expression of the slumbering baby. Her words suddenly hit her in the face. A spoiled brat? That's what I had called him just before- before he turned into a this!

"So, Kagome, ye say the Shikon no Tama caused this . . . most interesting phenomenon?"

Kagome gently brushed back the short unkempt bangs from Inuyasha's eyes, causing him to scrunch up his face and turn to bury it into her chest. Heat slowly escalated into her cheeks.

She would have never thought of having the boy of her dreams to be this close to her, even snuggling up against her! Granted, he was only a baby, but she still felt a little flushed about it. What would it be like to be in this situation with him as his grown self?

"Kagome?" Kaede said quietly. Kagome continued to stare down at Inuyasha as he sucked on his thumb, looking as innocent and cute as a puppy.

"Earlier today," she started, not lifting her gaze, "I got into an argument with him. It was the usual thing: I wanted to go back home, he wanted me to stay. But I had to go back because I have a major exam this Friday and I really needed to study. Then he went on about how the jewels were more important and that he didn't care whether or not I passed or failed school."

She looked away as she continued, her voice going soft, "Then he followed me to the well where I . . . well, blew up at him. I called him a spoiled child and that I was tired of him ordering me around like I was some kind of slave."

The crackling and occasional pops of the burning wood kept the silence at bay. Kaede rubbed her chin as she stared at the sleeping baby version of the obnoxiously proud hanyou.

"And what happened after that?" Kagome snapped her head up, as if surprised by the question.

"I- I can't really remember. But I do remember the sacred jewel shards glowing, but I didn't really paying attention to them. I was too busy yelling at Inuyasha." The one-eyed woman leaned in closer in immense interest.

"Did they now? Kagome, I want ye to think real hard and try to remember what is that ye said. Something ye said must have set off the jewel's mysterious powers!"

Kagome squeezed her eyes shut and thought back to hers and Inuyasha's argument.

"I don't want to hear it, Inuyasha!"

"You're like a small kid who is spoiled to the point where he can never be pleased!"

" . . . you treat like I'm some property whenever Kouga is around me . . ."

". . . I'm so tired of you acting like a spoiled brat . . ."

"I JUST WISH YOU WOULD GROW UP!!"

Kagome gasped, her eyes flying open. Everyone inched forward. She swallowed hard and gazed down at the baby hanyou. "I- I think I remember now. I was so furious with him, that I made a wish without realizing it. I wished that he would 'grow up'!"

All eyes dropped onto Inuyasha who was beginning to stir and whimper softly. Kaede jumped to her feet and began pacing. "This is very unusual. I have never seen the Shikon no Tama use their powers to actually grant wishes, only give unimaginable powers to those who possess it. And ye only have three thirds of the whole thing! Fascinating!"

"Er, amazing, yes, but how would we be able to change him back, Lady Kaede?" Miroku questioned. Kaede stopped her pacing abruptly and looked at Kagome. She was currently rocking Inuyasha, who was now fully awake, trying to get him back to sleep.

"I'm, ah, not quite sure. Perhaps you should try wishing him back, Kagome?" The raven-haired teenager looked thoughtful for a few seconds before baby Inuyasha reached up and gripped her hair again.

"Yeah, I was just thinking about that- ouch! Let go, Inuyasha!" She struggled to free her hair from his surprisingly strong grip. His ears flattened against his head and his golden eyes narrowed angrily.

"Bah!" he said and gave a mighty tugged, making Kagome yelp. Sango pressed the back of her hand to her mouth to stifle her laughs. Shippou walked over and peered over Kagome's knee and at the silver-haired hanyou who refused to let go of Kagome's hair.

"I think he likes your hair," Shippou piped up innocently. Kagome had a hard time agreeing with the cute fox demon. The more she tried to free her hair, the tighter his grip became and the harder he pulled.

She had to bite her tongue to keep herself from screaming at him. Instead, she tried remembering what Kaede had done to actually make him calm down the first time.

Okay, take a deep breath . . . Now, speak softly to him. Smile a little, too.

"C'mon, Inuyasha, let go please," she said softly. She forced on a smile, but it seemed to work it's magic. His tiny little dog-ears slowly perked back up and his vicious visage relaxed into something curious and cautious at the same time.

Slowly he released her hair then reached up to her face, making a gurgling sound. She bit back an "aww". For some reason or another the noise upsets him. Shippou smiled and gazed up at her.

"I dunno, Kagome, I kinda like him being a kid and all! He can't pound me into the dirt or threaten me in this condition! I say we leave him as he is." Everyone laughed, but Inuyasha didn't find anything funny. He growled, which everyone found was sinfully adorable, at Shippou and socked him one in the nose.

"Ow!" the fox child cried, grabbing his nose and running away to hide behind Kirara. Inuyasha continued to growl and he bore his fangs. Kagome felt an overwhelming sense of motherly love, much like with Shippou.

Everyone watched as she whispered nothings to Inuyasha, calming him down again and giving her his full attention once more. She brushed back his silver bangs and stared deeply into his golden eyes. Those eyes seemed . . . to have not aged at all. She mentally shook her head.

Yeah, right!

"Well, I know one thing," Kagome said, looking up at Sango and Miroku. "It's really late and I have to leave soon. I really have to get back and start studying. I'm going to have to leave Inuyasha in your care."

"What?!" Sango, Shippou, and Miroku shouted in unison. Inuyasha let out a wail, clenching his small hands into fists and squeezing his eyes closed. Kagome stood up and bounced around the small hut, shushing and cooing at him, trying to calm him down.

"I- I know, I know!" she hissed to her friends. She walked over to Kaede and who readily took Inuyasha from her. The young miko quickly swooped up her backpack and shrugged it onto one of her shoulders.

"But Kagome!" Shippou whined as she latched himself to her leg.

"Kagome, what are we supposed to do with him while you're gone? I mean, what if something bad happens?" Sango questioned. Miroku nodded solemnly beside her. Kagome heaved a soft sigh before reaching down and gently prying the small fox demon off her leg. She lifted him up to eye level and smiled.

"Alright, listen. I promise to return, tomorrow, 'kay? I'll do all the studying I can when I get home, that way we can figure out how to undo whatever's happened all day tomorrow!" She placed him on the ground and looked up at Sango and Miroku for their approval. "Is that okay?"

The two glanced at each other then nodded, smiling relieved smiles. Kagome grinned back then walked back over to Kaede who was holding a now quiet hanyou. She stared deeply into his golden eyes and she got that feeling again that he was well aware of what was going on.

"Well, uh, sorry about all this Inuyasha. I guess I'll see ya tomorrow." His face darkened and she blinked in surprise when he stretched out his small arms, his tiny sharp-nailed hands grasping the air.

"Kah! Kah!" he grunted, a cute fang peeking out from behind his sneering pink lips. Kagome stared in utter amazement. Was he trying to say her name?

Not wanting to be bombarded by second thoughts, Kagome quickly brushed a light kiss on the silver-haired demon's cheek and ran out of the hut.

I really hope I can find a way to fix all this. She thought as she jogged into the dark woods, holding tightly onto the straps of her large yellow backpack. Having Inuyasha as a baby is ten times worse than him as being normal!

+++

Hehe, hope ya liked this one. I can't believe I got so many reviews on the first chpt! lol looks like my Trigun romance with Knives is gunna have some close competition! ^^ Thanks again for all the reviews!