InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rabusongu ❯ Clam Chowder ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]


Rabusongu

By: Liveandletlive19

~Clam Chowder~


‘ You’ll never amount to anything you fuckin whore, I should go buy you some dope for you to sell since thats where you’ll end up at anyways,’ her mother screamed from the top of the stairs.

Kagome curled into a ball on the couch downstairs and tried not to let her mothers words affect her but after hearing that she snapped.

“Like mother like daughter right,” She yelled back choking back another sob.

She curled up even tighter and covered her head when she heard Kim coming down the stairs. Her tears soaked her sweater as her body suffered yet another beating.’

Kagome sat up with a gasp only to find that instead of getting beat in her old apartment in Hayward she was seated comfertably in the passenger seat of Sesshomarus escalde.

Kagome smirked and looked over. She had finally found out why no one ever sat in the passenger seat when Sesshomaru was driving. He always sang while driving. The others said it kept them from sleeping on road trips and since they took so many it became a second nature to avoid that seat. Kagome dissagreed. She found his smooth, almost perfect voice, soothing, and it put her to sleep almost instantly.

‘But maybe sleep isn’t the best thing right now,’ Kagome thought remembering her dream. It wasn’t the first time her mother and her had had a fight like that. It happened quite often actually. Usually over her grades. It didn’t help that after her step-father had left to find a better job in Washington her mother had slipped into a stae of depression. Kagome had done her best to raise her half brother and sister right, but for Kim it wasn’t enough.

“Whats wrong,” Sesshomaru asked glancing away from the road long enough to give her a concerned look.

“Nothing, just old memories,” Kagome said looking away.

“Do you wan’t to talk about it,” He asked looking at her again.

Kagome looked behind her at the rest of the band to find them all passed out. “Me and my mom never had the typical mother daughter relationship,” She told him simply. “I was just thinking of how things could have been so much different if we had.”

“I understand,” Sesshomaru told her, “My mother walked out on me when I was five and I haven’t heard from her since.”

“Oh wow, I’m so sorry,” Kagome said looking back at him.

“Don’t be,” He said keeping his eyes on the road, “ I had a good childhood with a step-mom who smothered me to death, so I don’t think i missed out on anything.”

“I wish i could say the same,” Kagome sighed.

Sesshomaru reached over and put a hand on her shoulder, “Don’t worry, You’ll get to start a whole new life in Japan,” He told her comfertingly, “You’ll love it there. Trust me.”

“I was born there,” She told him surprising him.

“Then why did you freak when i told you,” He asked.

“Because it was really unexpected,” She answered honestly.

“Oh,” was his reply as he pulled into the airport parking lot.

‘I could have sworn she was american,’ Sesshomaru thought finding a parking spot and pulling his truck into it.

The other jolted awake when he tapped the horn.

“Kami Sess you could have woken us up in a nicer way,” Rin complained through a yawn.

Sesshomaru shrugged and began to unload the trunk. Everyone piled out of the car and took their respective bags. Once the luggage was unloaded they walked into the airport and went to get their tickets.

Sango noticed Kagome acting nervously and asked what what up.

“I really hate planes, 9-11 really freaked me out.” she said shifting her weight yet again.

“Yeah, my mom and dad died on 9-11. They were going to L.A. for bussiness when it happened,” Sango addmitted sadly.

“Oh I’m so sorry,” Kagome said putting an arm around her shoulders.

Both girls jumped and turned around furiously when they each felt a hand grab their behind.

Sesshomaru turned around when two loud smacks echoed around him. Miroku stood there with a red handprint on either side of his face and two angry females storming away from him. Inuyasha laughed and turned to hand the lady his ticket.

“Have a nice flight,” She said with over cheeriness and a fake smile. Inuyasha ‘feh’ed’ and walked through the hall to the plane.

To her surprise, Kagome’s seat was next to Sesshomaru’s. He got up and let her sit next to the window before sitting in his appropiate seat next to her. After the plane had taken off and the SEATBELT sign went off kagome leaned her head on Sesshomarus shoulder. He shifted slightly and she popped up.

“Gomen,” She mumbled blushing.

Sesshomaru shifted again and then surprised her by pulling her head back down on his shoulder. He had shifted himself so he was able to put his arm around her shoulders. She turned slightly right to put her hand on his chest.

‘She pretty asleep,’ He thought taking the hand she had laid on his chest and lacing his fingers with hers. He laid their now joined hands over the steady thump of his heart.


<><><><><><><&g t;<><><><><><><><><>& lt;><><>

‘”Nana,” Kagome asked shaking her grandma awake yet another time, “Are we almost there?”

“No baby, This flight is a few hours. You should take a nap.” Her nana answered patiently.

“Okay Nana,” Kagome said sitting back in her seat and trying to go to sleep. Right before she finally got to sleep her chair shifted slightly.’

<><><><><><&g t;<><><><><><><><><>& lt;><><><>

Sesshomaru shifted again when the stewerdass came by to ask him if he wanted either chicken noodle soup or clam chowder. He told her clam chowder and and shifted again jolting Kagome awake. She sat up to let him put his bowl down on the little plastic tray in front of him and asked for chowder as well.

“Mmm, my favorite,” Kagome said before digging into her bowl with her little plastic spoon.

“Clam chowder is your favorite food,” Sesshomaru asked, his spoon halfway to his mouth.

“No,” Kagome corrected, “It’s my favorite soup. It’s also the only seafood i can look at without feeling queasy.”

“You don’t like seafood,” He asked around a peice of potato.

“No, and did’ne your mother ever tell you not to talk with your mouth full,” she asked jokingly.

“Yeah, I just wasn’t listening.”

“Such a guy,” Kagome mumbled.

He lightly elbowed her arm before asking, “Why don’t you eat seafood.”

“Well when I was little I was a die hard shrimp and crab lover. whenever my mom took me to Albertsons I would always beg her to bye me crab legs,” kagome explained before glacing at him. He nodded his head too indicate she should continue.

“Well this one time she had made this huge crab leg dinner for me and Naraku,” She started.

“Naraku?” He interrupted around another mouth full of soup.

Kagome shook her head and said, “My step-father.”

Sesshomaru swallowed and uttered a soft ‘oh’.

“So mam had made this big dinner and later that night i had gotten food poisening and ended up throwing it all back up,” Kagome explained, “Well i have this thing that if i throw something up i can never eat again no matter how much i try.” She finished lamely.

“But crab isn’t all seafood,” He stated obviously.

“That’s another thing,” Kagome told him simply. “Mama and Naraku were big seafood fans so we ended up having fish around twice every week. I guess I just got sick of it and stopped eating it. Mom didn’t even notice until two years after and after she did she would make me something else. After Naraku left we just stopped eating it. She would just buy little pakets of catfish or shrimp and make them for herself.” Kagome explained.

“ So what about the clam chowder,” Sesshomaru asked looking down at said soup.

“I don’t know, I’ve just always had a thing for it. Mama used to surprise me by bringing cans of it home. I never really thought she paid attention.”

“Cool,” He said finishing off his bowl of soup. Kagome put her bowl into his and handed them both to the stewrdass walking by with a trash can. They both put up there trays and got back into the position they we in before dinner.

‘This is nice,’ Sesshomaru thought, ‘ She feels....right in my arms. Sorta like she.....belongs”

<><><><><>< ;><><><><><><><><><&g t;<><>

A/N: Hey hey hey. Please don’t hurt me. I know it’s short but it was one of those damn filler chapters we all can’t stand. But wait do i detect a hint of...shall we say..... FLUFFYS. well maybe more like cotton balls but it wil progress into a ...oh i dont know. maybe a nice little sweater to go with the boots i bought last week. Oh and paired with my tight jeans oh and with those....Oh hi there people reading sorry but i kinda spaced out there. Oh by the way that whole thing with the fish is true. I really dont eat seafood for that exact reason but i do love some New England Clam Chowder. Anyways here are responses to my reveiws.


Only 4 reveiws so far come on people. *Makes sad puppy dog eyes.* how am i supposed to know how im doin if u guys dont tell me?

sasumiokaasan-Thanx i feel so loved. I will try 2 update as soon as possible.

Lacas-Crown- Sorry about that it’ll all clear up in the end.

Punk Dog Demoness- Thank u so much. Glad u got it.

slmCandle-Thanks me too. LOL JK

Ps. I am looking for a beta reader so if your interested the positions open.