InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rags to Riches ❯ Past Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: This idea just popped into my head yesterday, while I was cleaning the kitchen and listening to music. This fanfiction is all my own. The characters aren't mine; they didn't came out of my own imagination, but the story line did. I want NO PLAGERISM. Any way, here's the first chapter of Rags to Riches.

Disclaimer:*sigh* I don't Inuyasha.

Chapter 1- Past Memories

Kagome sat in her large, comfy chair in front of the fireplace. She opened up the new journal she had bought for herself the day before her wedding. Taking the quill beside her and dipping it into the ink bottle, she began to write.

`The past year has been full of roller coaster rides. It was an absolutely hectic year. I am now married to the most wonderful husband, whom I've grown to love more and more each passing day, but it never started out that way.'

She stopped her writing as past memories flooded through her mind like a tsunami. A soft laugh escaped her lips. She mused over the way she and her now-husband had fought. With a gentle smile on her face she picked up her quill and resumed writing in her journal.

`Those were the days. My best friend and I worked together at a mansion in the demon part of Tokyo; the Taiyoukai Mansion to be exact. We were both maids working our way to pay to help support our families. I had been fired from my job as a maid in a human mansion. Sango hated working alone after I was fired, and not a short time later she quit her job as a maid as well. Who would have known that this well known demon family needed a couple of human maids to end the rumors of their family? Of course Sango and me couldn't let this opportunity pass by. Gods, what were we in for?

A/N: I know it was a short chapter, but it's the basis I need to let the rest of the story flow. I'll update as soon as possible.