InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Realization ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*Realization*
Chapter 1 (One-shot)?
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any characters of Inuyasha, nor do I own the anime/manga/merchandise stuff…only this fic! ^^
 
A/N: Meh...just a bunch of random thoughts put together in a fic after school….

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
A blast of wind hit Sango, who had seen the attack coming too late and all she could do was put up her arms crossed in front of her defensively. Her body flew backwards, her head hitting the thick trunk of a tree before falling to the ground motionless. Drops of blood trickled down her expressionless face, eventually gliding down her skin like a smooth yet small stream. Her hiraikotsu was lying several feet from where she fell, nestled between tree branches and knurly roots that were attempting to crush the weapon.
 
“Sango!!” The houshi's attention was diverted temporarily towards the fallen youkai taijiya, but his concern for her was earned with a fierce blow to the stomach. Wincing and holding a hand over where the enemy punched him, Miroku jumped back, glancing once more at his companion before he turned towards the two who had hurt them. “You'll pay for what you've done!”
 
The two foes just looked at him with a wide grin. Then they laughed. “Psh…you weakling human. You can't defeat us.” The older of the two stood tall, looking both wise and all-knowing, showing off his sharp fangs in a smirk. His silver hair moved in harmony with the wind surrounding him, yet it didn't seem to bother him. The black and silver garments that he wore resembled that of the two sides of a cloud, the silvery one that appears on a calm day, and the black one that is ready to unleash its anger on anything that surrounds it. He glared at the monk and held his hand up, gathering wind from his surroundings and concentrating it around his left palm.
 
The younger man, more likely the brother, was dressed in green and brown colors, revealing his ability to control the earth, yet clashing horribly with his blond hair. His aura showed his brazen and arrogant nature, flaring about him as if to challenge the monk to a death match. At once, he clenched his fists and grinned when he made branches shoot from the trees, extending just far enough to be next to the one controlling the limbs of the plants. “That's right! You're going down monk!”
 
Miroku realized that if he didn't do something soon, both he and Sango were going to end up dead. Without hesitation, he unleashed his hand from the bonds that held back the curse, then held his palm face up towards the two brothers. “WIND TUNNEL!!” The houshi yelled with force and strength over the roaring wind that sucked up anything that was in front of it. The two enemies screamed in fear as they were pulled into the raging vortex of Miroku's kazaana, along with the several sharp and deadly branches that were still under the control of the younger brother. Quickly, the monk cast the prayer beads around his hand, leaving the battlefield in a quiet, serene state, but with pieces of twigs and dug up earth astray on the ground.
 
In an instant, he turned around and ran to the unconscious Sango, ignoring the slight pains in his cursed hand. The houshi cradled the young woman's head in his arms gently, ripping a strip of cloth from his robes and wiping the blood from her face and the back of her head. It wasn't the time to panic. Sango needed him, and time could be running out for her. He looked at his options. He couldn't take Sango anywhere far, like to Kaede's hut, because Kirara was no where to be found. He mused that Kirara and Shippo were at Kaede's, because Inuyasha and Kagome went back to Kagome's time.
 
He couldn't leave her here alone, otherwise demons could get to her. A shiver ran down his back at the thought. Perhaps…if he found a river nearby, or even better, a village, he would be able to tend to Sango's wounds properly. His eyes fell onto the weapon too lying motionless on the ground. What of the hiraikotsu? He couldn't carry both.
 
Sango was more important now. He placed his right arm behind her legs, and his left arm cradling her head, and he stood up carefully as to not further injure any of the demon exterminator's wounds. He stood there for a second, taking note of the direction from where an aroma of food flowed from, and walked in a hurry towards it.
 
Hang on Sango…just a little longer…
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Worry was etched on the face, making him look older than he really was. Eight hours had passed since the incident, and Sango was still unconscious, lying on the futon in the hut of a herbalist. The old woman, who lived in this hut, told the monk that Sango's chances of living were slim, and that she was dangerously close to death. Miroku's gaze followed along the cloth bandages that wrapped around the head wound. His eyes stopped in their path, watching the pale face of the woman he loved.
 
Love. He finally admitted the truth. Miroku couldn't live without his Sango. Life without her was no life at all. He loved her with all his heart and soul, his every being. Yet, why did it take him so long to realize this?! A tear ran down his cheek, and he wiped it away bitterly, his expression hardening. If she died… No. She couldn't just die and leave him!
 
His eyes, which normally showed his playful and cheerful nature, now revealed both fear and concern. Reaching out to the woman, the houshi entwined his fingers with hers gently, holding her hand in the hope that she wouldn't be able to leave him. Miroku's eyes closed tightly, wishing that he were in her place, that Sango would be safe. “I love you Sango, and will always love you. Please…stay here, with me…”
 
The purple-black eyes opened in surprise as the young woman's hand twitched with life, and gently squeezed his hand in return. His heart leaped with both joy and relief as Sango's eyes opened as well, giving him a smile in return. Had she…heard him?
 
“I'll stay with you, forever…” Yes, she had heard him.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Meh…it was pretty short..but oh well. Please R&R~!