InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Tetsusaiga ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
 
Chapter 3: Tetsusaiga
 
So that's his secret!
 
`'But what's so bad about becoming human on the new moon that you couldn't tell me?'' she asked him.
`'Because I'm the only night I'm vulnerable, wench! If anybody knew about this I'm long gone, that's why I keep it a secret!'' he spat at her. For some reason, he was being meaner to her, but there was something in his eyes she couldn't place. Insecurity, perhaps?
`'I wont tell it, I swear! I don't want you to die or get you in danger!'' she said, and gave him a warm smile. He snorted.
`'What's wrong with you? When you're hanyou you're nicer to me!'' she said, and she somehow felt hurt inside, although she did not know why.
`'I hate being human, so I get in a bad mood that's all'' he said. And because if I'm not mean, my other feelings would rise up...and I don't want to, he though.
`'If at least I had Tetsusaiga....'' he said in a wondering voice.
`'Tetsu what?'' she asked.
`'Tetsusaiga, my father's sword. That's why I really came here, to check if Sesshoumaru had it, but apparently only Tenseiga is in his power'' he explained.
`'I don't know why, but the name sounds familiar...Tetsusaiga...it may be possible it's here, you know. Maybe my father has it in his studio, along with all the other bunch of swords. I could go check, better now that he's not here. How does it look like?''
Inuyasha's eyes widened at the news, and his human heart started beating quickly in his chest. Could it be possible, that Tetsusaiga was here? And she would really bring it to him?
`'Well, in your hands it looks a rusty old sword'' he said.
`'What do you mean `'in my hands''?'' She asked.
`'Well, in a demon's hand, the sword transforms in a powerful giant fang that can kill one hundred demons in a swing. It is the most powerful sword in history'' he explained, remembering the fang.
`'Well, if you want me to go now, to check out, I could. My father's sleeping now, so it's gonna be easier'' she said with a smile, and jumped of the tree, landing on the bench.
`'I'll be back with the sword!'' she said, and ran off. Inuyasha stared at her form, and a voice in his head said:
She's sweet, isn't she?
 
Shut up.
 
Oh, come on, look what she's doing for you!
 
Shut up!
 
He snorted, and waited for Kagome's return.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome ran trough the desolate hallways, and came up to her father's studio, and found it locked. She knew her father kept a key in his room, but she feared going in and wake him.
You can't let Inuyasha down! She thought, and slowly walked over to her father's room. She slowly turned the doorknob, thanking it didn't do any sound, and slowly opened the door. He father was sleeping in his bed, snoring loudly. She entered the room, without making any sound. She looked around the room, until she spotted a set of keys next to her, hung up in the wall. She reached her hand out for them, and slowly took them of the perch, her heart pounding in her chest. But suddenly, the keys slipped of her fingers, and fell to the floor. She froze, and stared at her father. He had stopped snoring with the noise, but didn't do anything. She contained a sigh of relief, and picking up the keys, she slowly closed the door. She ran to the studio, searching with her shaky hands the right key, and burst into the studio. She scanned the sword-covered walls, looking for the sword. She spotted it. And old rusty sword, that she remembered when being little asking her mother why they kept it if it was so rusty, and her mother had answered her `'Appearances can be deceiving''. The next day she died, and Kagome always hold on to those words. She walked towards the sword, and lifted her hand s to reach it, but suddenly, to powerful arms turned her away from Tetsusaiga.
`'What are you doing?!'' her father shouted in her face. `'Stealing! You were stealing! Who told you to do it?! WHO?!'' her father was feared with rage.
`'I...I wasn't...I...I just...''she didn't find the words. He father slapped her, and threw her to the floor. She gasped for air, her body paralyzed with shock. He had hit her!
His father called for someone, but she didn't know who it was. When she heard the cold voice say: `'You asked for me?'' her heart sank. Kikyo.
`'take her to the room she has with Kohaku, and lock her. Have the maids bring her only one meal a day. She must not go out, and when Kohaku comes back, she will be married immediately. Then, he can do whatever he pleases with her. I do not want to know of Kagome again. She is no longer my daughter''
Kagome wanted to die. She wanted to scream, she wanted to run into Inuyasha's arms, but Kikyo got her up from her hair, and she led her back to her room. She did not speak. She threw her into her room, and with a malicious smile, she closed the door and she heard the key turn. Kagome would have thrown herself on to her bed, but it was not her bed. It was the bed she shared with a man she did not love. She went over to the window, and sat in the small bench (well, not exactly a bench, more like a stone thing on the window so one could sit and look out) and, holding her knees to her chest, she buried her face in her arms and cried.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha sat in the tree, getting impatient. Why was Kagome lingering so much. He tried not to get worried.
She probably abandoned you, you fool. His mind told him. He pushed the thought away.
Then, his weak human ears got a sound. Like something hitting glass. He looked around, and the realized the sound came from above. Then, his heart sank. Kagome was in her room. When she saw him look at her, she smiled.
She betrayed me. She told her father. They're coming for me. She betrayed me.
His human heart was aching in pain. He had to get out. He looked away from the girl, and looked up at the sky. Dawn was coming. He stood in the floor, waiting for the sun. Slowly, the first ray of light hit his face. He changed. His eyes turned amber; his hair silver, and his human ears disappeared, being replaced by his dog ears. He shot a last glance at Kagome, who was staring at him, and he thought he saw a flicker of desperation in her eyes. He turned away, and with a jump, he disappeared into the dawn.
 
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
She spent five minutes like that, until she calmed down a bit. She dried her tears, and then, when she looked where her window faced, her heart bounced. The cherry trees patio. The patio where she always met Inuyasha. Terror gripped her heart. What if Kohaku had seen them? But then, with a sudden relief, she notices that her bench was not visible. But her tree was. She scooted into the night, trying too see Inuyasha. But he was too well hidden. She had to do something! She started hitting the window fiercely, not daring to scream his name. After a while, she though she saw dark eyes stare at her. She kept on hitting the window. Then, Inuyasha came out of the tree, and looked up at her, confused. She smiled at him. But, he turned his face away. Had it been hurt she saw in his eyes? She kept banging on the window, but he walked away. Then, the sun came out. He turned back into a hanyou, and looking at her once more, he jumped out of sight. Kagome's heart sank.
He abandoned me. The only reason I have to live as abandoned me. Why can't I die?
Tears started pouring of her eyes again. She slid off the bench, falling to the floor. She did not care. For her, nothing else mattered now. She reached her hand for the bed, and slid her hand under the mattress. She pulled out the knife she had hit.
There is no reason for me to keep living. And she stabbed her stomach. She fell to the floor, with her hands gripping the knife that was stabbed into her stomach. She pulled it out, and with a gasp of pain, and a last tear trickling down her face, she fell to the floor.
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kohaku cantered into the stables. He had never reached his destination, for he found a messenger in the way, that was headed towards the emperor's palace, to tell him there was no need to send someone to the east. So Kohaku, happy he could return to Kagome, turned his horse back to the emperor's palace. He arrived at dawn, and he left the horse in the stables. He went towards his room, happy to be back. He opened the door,, turning the key in the lck, wondering why the door was locked, and he glanced at the bed where Kagome should be. But there was no one there. Was she in the garden again? He knew at night, when she escaped him, she went there. She sat in the bench, but he could not see her, what she was doing, so he went to bed usually, and when she came back, he did not say a word.
 
He walked towards the window, and then he saw her. She was in a pool of blood, her eyes closed. She was barely breathing. There was a knife clutched in her hand.
`'KAGOME!'' he shouted. He turned her around, and saw the wound in her stomach, that was bleeding profusely.
`'No...no...It's all my fault...Kami, please let it be a dream...'' tears fell to her face from his. He picked her up, bridal style, and ran to Kaede's room, an old priestess that healed. He burst into the room. Kaede was awake.
`'What's wrong? What happened to lady Kagome?'' she asked, glancing at the lifeless body in his arms.
`'Please, you have to help her...she tried to kill herself...please, Kaede.... `' he pleaded. The old woman was inspecting the wound.
`'Call for Miroku. Tell him to come. Wait outside'' she said. Kohaku ran to the monk's room. He knocked and opened the door without waiting for an answer. He burst in the room, and woke the perverted monk up. He told him Kaede needed his help, and the monk ran to Kaede's room. Kohaku leaned to the wall outside Kaede's room, and he fell to his knees, and sat there, waiting.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha was sitting in the highest roof off the emperor's castle. He had been there thinking what he should do next. He sighed. He might as well leave. With Kagome betraying him, he couldn't stay.
But how do you know if she really betrayed you? The voice in his head said. Inuyasha sighed again. He had to be sure before leaving. Be sure he was right.
 
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes. She was feeling very dizzy, and there was a terrible pain in her stomach. She shook her head. Where was she? Then she remembered she had to get Tetsusaiga. But then she remembered the rest of it...she remembered she had tried to take her life. So was she dead? She tried to sit up, but a hand stopped her.
`'ye must rest, lady Kagome. Your wound is bad. Ye tried to kill yerself'' Kaede's voice said somewhere above her. She closed her eyes again. So she had not succeeded. She wanted to die. Why did they save her? Why did they bring her back to the pain? Sweat trickled down her forehead. Then she heard someone kneel by her side. She hoped it was Inuyasha, but Kohaku's voice came to her.
`'Kagome...I'm so sorry. I'm sorry'' he said. She did not know what to do. All she wanted was to die; she wanted her pain to stop. She moaned aloud in pain. She felt life slipping away. She did not want to live. Kaede gave her something to eat, so she would be alive. She did not want to.
Make it stop.
 
Please make it stop.
 
She stopped breathing.
 
 
A/N
 
I think I'll be evil enough to end it here. Review and you will discover if Kagome dies or not, and Inuyasha's reaction. Bwahaha!
 
P.S: sorry it's short. ^_^