InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ New Moon ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Chapter 12: New Moon
 
Kagome woke up, realizing she was tangled up in Inuyasha's arms. It was a little after dawn. After all, getting up early every morning had become a habit. She moved away slowly, for Inuyasha not to wake up, and went outside. She gathered their now dry clothes, and returned to their bedroom. Inuyasha was sleeping like a baby. She folded his haori and put it next to him in a chair. After changing into her riding clothes in the bathroom, she went to the barn. All the horses were awake. She took them one by one outside, and let them loose to run in the field. The horses did not try to run away, instead went to the lake and grazed. She then put the saddle and bridles on Shun and practised her riding in the field.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha woke up suddenly, feeling something was amiss. Indeed. Kagome was nowhere to be seen. He panicked. He quickly got up, and ran outside the house, calling her name. He then saw her riding on the field, all the horses they had captured were grazing by the lake. He smiled, relieved. Kagome saw him and cantered to him.
`'Good morning sleeping beauty'' she said with a smile.
`'You scared me'' Inuyasha said.
 
Kagome jumped down Shun, and embraced him.
`'Sorry, it's just that I got used to waking up early and couldn't sleep. Oh and by the way your clothes are dry already'' she said.
He simply kissed her.
`'I'll go in in a while; I'm going to let Shun graze with the other horses''
`'Won't they run away?''
`'Why would they? They have all they need here. Their not stupid enough to run away and end captured'' she said. After that she disappeared in the barn. Inuyasha went back in.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
After taking off the bridles and saddle, she let the horse run with its friends. Then she returned back to the house. Inuyasha was in the kitchen inspecting it.
`'What are you doing?'' she asked him.
`'Looking for something for you to eat'' he said.
 
After taking a bath, and putting on her usual black kimono with the purple ribbon, she went into the living room. Inuyasha was sitting in a cushion, and there was a small tray with some food.
`'We will have to go by to the town that's next to here'' Inuyasha said as Kagome sat amnd began eating.
`'Aren't you hungry?'' Kagome asked him.
`'I'm fine'' he said.
`'You're not very good at lying. Come on, eat something, or you'll starve'' she said, handing him over a rice ball.
 
Inuyasha accepted it grumpily, although he ate it in a way as if he hadn't tasted food in all his life. They finished off breakfast, and Kagome returned to the kitchen and washed the plates. She exited the house, and saw Inuyasha lying down in the field, in a small space of grass surrounded by flowers, watching the horses that were grazing and sleeping by the lake. Many of them were dark brown and chestnut, there were two grey and there was Shun, whose black colour stood out, and also a pure white mare. There were other three mares, two chestnuts and one grey. Shun seemed to be wanting to get the white's attention. Kagome walked over to him, and slumped in the soft grass.
`'This simply great'' Kagome sighed.
 
Inuyasha moved over to her, and they kissed passionately, tongues brushing against each other. Soon he was almost on top of her, trailing kisses down her neck, and up to her lips again. She surrounded her arms around his back, pulling him closer. Inuyasha moaned into her mouth as she started rubbing his ears. Soon they had to separate to breathe. Kagome pushed him and they rolled until it was she who was on top of him. They started kissing again, and Kagome placed soft kisses on his neck as she rubbed his ears. They finally stopped, and Kagome fell to the side, Inuyasha holding her with one arms.
`'Tonight's new moon'' Inuyasha said.
`'Can I ask you something?'' Kagome said.
`'Um, yeah''
`'What have you done since you're parents...well, you know. Have you been alone always? Have you been in love before?''
 
Inuyasha stayed in silence for a while, and when he finally answered, his tone was filled with sadness.
`'All I have ever done in my whole life is walk around, hiding from the world, hunting and stealing to eat, sleeping on trees and yes, alone, and no, I have never loved anyone. I didn't want to. Because, who could love someone like me, a worthless half breed without family?'' after that, he separated from Kagome, and jumped away.
`'Inuyasha!'' Kagome got up, but he was already gone. She felt her heart tearing apart. How could he think that of himself? Had he been treated so ruthlessly?
 
Kagome sighed. She knew he would come back, sooner or later. Trying to look fro him would be a waste of time. He was good at hiding. She walked down to the horses, and sat between them. Shun lay down next to her, and soon all the horses were around her, staring at her curiously. She got up, and ran into the house. She went into the kitchen, and started looking everywhere until she found a bunch of carrots. She took out three, and returned to the horses. Cutting them to small pieces with her hands, she gave a little piece to every horse. After sniffing her completely and walking around her looking for more, they went back to their business. Kagome went back into the house, and started exploring it after preparing herself something to eat, in the small room. She then put on her riding clothes, tied her hair in a high ponytail and gathered a bit of money she had brought from the palace. She then went out, and whistled to Shun. He came trotting to her, and getting him in the stables; she put on his saddle and bridle. She then went out riding Shun and headed at a trot to the nearest village. After an hour of riding she reached it. It was a big village, full of life and activity. She entered it and jumped off the horse, and took him by the reins. She stopped in a few stands and for when she finished and exited the town, she had bought enough food to last for a month and not get hungry, some clothes to be around the house, another riding outfit, as well for some clothes for Inuyasha, and two or three books. She tied the bag to the saddle and headed back towards her house. She got lost, but Shun knew were to go. For when she reached the house, it was already sunset. She let Shun go with the other horses after taking his saddle and reins of, and entered the house. Inuyasha was nowhere to be seen. She sighed.
 
She first went into the kitchen and put all the food in the shelves and cupboards. Then she went into her room and hanged all the clothes, and changed into one of the kimono's she had bought, and cleaned her clothes, hanging them in the patio. Night had already fallen, and Kagome was getting worried about Inuyasha. He should be human by now. She entered the house, and got in the hot water of her tub, leaving a white kimono adorned with golden colours in the sleeves and bottom, and random half moons that she had bought earlier that day next to her. She relaxed in the bath tub, when suddenly a noise took her out of her daydream. She assumed it would be Inuyasha that had returned, and seconds later he came in. He was in his human form, but his red haori was ripped in sashes, and he was bleeding terribly.
`'Kagome...run...away...'' he said faintly as a ghost's presence, and he fell to the floor. Kagome would have screamed his name, but another noise made her shut her mouth. Voices and steps. Somebody was in the house. She quickly got out, dried herself clumsily and put on the kimono, a bit loose. She then went to Inuyasha, and put her fingers in his neck. He was still alive. She then opened the small wardrobe and took out her sword, which she had hid there because she thought her bedroom would have been to obvious if someone looked for weapons. Her wet hair fell around her shoulders, sticking to her face. She slowly opened the door, gripping the sword in her hand, her heart speeding up because of the fear. She had to be brave.
 
A lamp was burning in the living room. The voices came from there, and were moving closer. She walked slowly trough the hall, not making a sound with her naked feet. She jumped into the living room, and faster than the blink of an eye, sliced a man's head. She recognized him as one of her father's soldiers.
`'Lady Kagome!'' another man called.
 
Kagome then noticed that they were as scared as she was, and some of them had deep scratched. Inuyasha.
`'Lady Kagome, stop! We came here to save you!'' the man repeated. Kagome stopped short. They wanted to take her back. She had to play their game, and kill them somehow before they could even reach the forest.
 
She lowered her sword, and smiled.
`'Thank goodness! I couldn't escape; he kidnapped me, the demon! Thank you for coming'' she said.
`'Your father asked for you, and Kahei told him that you had left, and that he was to reunite with you later, that he had some business to do first. Your father wanted to know where you were, but Kahei didn't tell him, and then Lord Sesshoumaru came and talked to your father and somehow the story that you had been kidnapped by Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru's supposedly dead brother, so he sent us looking for you. We found dead bandits in the forest, and crossed paths with the demon. We tried to fight him, but he escaped, but suddenly he was human and we tried to kill him, but he made it here'' the man explained.
`'And Kahei?'' Kagome asked, fearful.
`'Your father banished him from the palace. No one knows where he is, but his horse had disappeared''
`'I took the horse'' Kagome explained.
`'We have our horses outside. We should leave now'' the man said. Kagome had remembered his name, Kumamoto.
`'Very well. How many of you have come?'' she asked.
`'There are ten of us left'' Kumamoto said.
`'Ok, well, three of your men can wait with the horses. Another three can go to get Shun, he's in the field. Leave the other horses. You, Kumamoto and another three men can accompany me to get my things, in case the demon regains consciousness. He's in the bathing room'' Kagome ordered.
`'Well, that's a bit unnecessary, this distribution...'' Kumamoto began, but was cut of by Kagome.
`'Do as I say or I will have my father execute you'' she said coldly.
`'Yes, Lady'' Kumamoto said, and told his soldiers to do as they were told.
 
Kagome guided Kumamoto and the other three to her room. Kumamoto and another man entered the room with her as the other two kept watch on Inuyasha. Kumamoto had suggested killing him, but Kagome didn't let him. Once she was in the room with the two men, she locked the door.
`'Sorry, Kumamoto'' she said, and faster than a blink of an eye she cut his head off. The other man stood frozen.
`'Drop your weapon if you want to live'' she said. The man did as he was told. A second later, he fell dead in the floor with a big sash in his heart. Kagome unlocked the door, and hiding the sword behind her back, went over to the other two men that were watching Inuyasha. They turned around, only to see the blade that cut their heads off. They fell dead next to Inuyasha. Kagome checked his pulse again. There wasn't much time left. She jumped out the window that was in the hall, landing on the floor smoothly. She surrounded the house and found another trio waiting next to the horses, giving her back to her. They fell in a flash. She then headed down to the field, were the other three men tried to catch him.
`'Don't worry, I'll get him'' Kagome said as she approached them, sword hid behind her back. She called Shun, and he trotted next to her. The men approached her, and two fell. The other, seeing the fate of his companions, started running. Kagome jumped on Shun and cantered to him, trying to keep her balance in the smooth coat, without saddle. She sliced his head in no time. She jumped of, and with Shun's help, that was smart enough to drag bodies with his teeth like Kagome, she gathered the six bodies outside, not forgetting their sliced heads. She went into the house, and after fifteen minutes she had all the bodies piled up, and with the help of some wood, she watched them burn down to ashes. The wind took care of washing them away. She gathered the fifteen horses of the dead men, for another five had been killed by Inuyasha, Kumamoto had told her, and putting all of their saddles and bridles in the stable, she let Shun guide them with the rest of the horses. She had now her own personal herd.
 
Kagome ran into the house, and dropping her sword, she turned Inuyasha over. He had deep cuts in his chest and arms, but he was still alive. Putting him on her lap, she carefully took off his haori and undershirt, and washed carefully the cuts with hot water. She then found a few bandages, and she tied them firmly around his cuts. He had lost much blood. Then, with a lot of effort, she managed to carry his body to the bed, and laid him there. She went into the kitchen, and took out some rags, and a bucket filled with hot water, she proceeded to clean all the blood, starting with the living room, passing trough her bedroom and finally the bathroom, plus the trail of blood that Inuyasha had left in the hallway. After throwing away the rags and cleaning the bucket, she returned to her room. She changed into her nightgown, and she lay in the bed, next to Inuyasha, covering both of them with the sheets. Soon, she fell asleep.
 
 
 
A/N
 
Well, that was a long chapter. Did you like it? Please review, it really cheers me up. *Puppy dog eyes*
 
Petpeeves12: lol, as the usual. ^_^
 
Anne: thanks a lot! And don't worry about the spelling. ^_^
 
Jessye: You haven't reviewed in a while. But, a well, I updated as u asked. ^_^