InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Winter Surprises ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Chapter 17: Winter suprises
 
 
Winter slowly moved in, as a lost soul wanders without direction. The lands grew colder with its blow, and snow fell once in a while, like iced tears of the heavens. All of their lands were stained in white, the lake slowly proceeded to freeze, and the horses were kept inside. Kagome had to buy winter clothes from the town, and Inuyasha just kept on grumbling about the cold. Kahei almost never came now, and they spent much time alone bored inside the house. One morning, Kagome suddenly ran to the bathroom and threw up.
`'Are you ok Kagome?'' Inuyasha asked the girl, kneeling beside her.
`'Yeah, just got a little dizzy there...'' she couldn't finish the phrase for she threw up again. Inuyasha helped her up and carried her to the living room, and set a fire for her, after making her a small cup of hot tea.
`'There, feel better?'' he asked her.
`'Yeah, thanks'' she answered, giving him a bright smile.
`'Have you checked if the horses are ok and have enough food? They're not used to be inside the stables'' Kagome asked him as she drank the tea.
`'Yeah, they're fine'' he answered. She looked so beautiful at the light of the fire. She was now wearing a winter kimono, which was much more thick, and a big purple shawl wrapped around her shoulders.
`'Is it snowing outside?'' Kagome asked.
Inuyasha got up and looked out the window.
`'The hell it is. It's all white everywhere, the lake is practically frozen'' Inuyasha said.
 
Kagome got up, and went outside. Sure enough, snow had covered everything, knitting a white cloak over the surface, like the tears of an angel. Kagome walked down to the frozen field, followed by Inuyasha. She went towards the lake, and kneeled down. She put her hand on the frozen surface. The ice wasn't very thick yet, it would be dangerous to put much weight in it.
`'I wish I could walk around it'' Kagome said.
`'If the ice gets thicker, I can'' Inuyasha answered.
`'Yeah, but what about me?''
`'I'll carry you on my back'' Inuyasha answered.
`'I've never ridden on your back''
`'Hop on, you're gonna love it'' he said. Kagome jumped on his back, and he held her legs, as she surrounded his neck with her arms.
`'hang on!'' he said, and took off at full speed. Soon, he was almost like flying over the forest. Kagome cuddled into him, avoiding the freezing air. It actually felt like flying. After a while, they were back in front of their house.
`'That was great!'' Kagome exclaimed, and kissed him on the cheek. He grinned and followed her inside.
`'Have you realized it has passed almost a year since we met?'' Kagome said as she sat down on the cushion.
`'Yeah. I remember that night. You were devastated. I couldn't help my actions. I didn't know why, but all I wanted to do was hold you in my arms and comfort you'' Inuyasha said, and he sat by her side, circling her waist with his arm.
`'I remember the first thing I thought when I saw your beautiful golden eyes staring at me was that you were quite handsome'' she said, blushing. That drove Inuyasha mad. He couldn't help it. He pulled her down to the floor .
`'So you thought I was handsome, huh?'' he teased, brushing his lips to her neck, making her giggle.
`'Yeah, you are quite handsome. And those fluffy ears at the top of your head are just so cute!'' she squealed, and started rubbing one of them. A strange purl-growl came from Inuyasha's chest, and his eyes slowly closed in delight. Kagome laughed, and he snapped out of it.
`'What?'' he said.
`'It's just really funny when you make that purring sound!'' she said, giggling.
`'Oh, is it?'' he said, and touched his fangs to her neck, sending shivers up her spine. He got lost in her scent, and enclosed her in a passionate kiss.
`'You just drive me crazy'' he whispered in her ear.
`'Why?'' she said, giggling.
`'I don't know, I suppose it's your scent, your beauty, it's just you...'' he said.
`'How do I smell?'' she asked.
`'Like fresh flowers in the snow'' he answered `'That's why you drive me mad. I can't help getting lost in your scent...'' he said, playing with her hair, placing kisses on her face and neck. She captured his lips in hers, and she rubbed his ears, making him moan into her mouth, and the purring sound heard. They finally separated, and suddenly she pushed him off her and ran to the bathroom. Inuyasha heard her throw up with his sensitive ears, and ran to her side.
`'What's wrong with you? is it normal to throw up so much in one day?'' he asked her.
`'No, unless you're...'' she couldn't finish the phrase.
`'Unless you're what?'' asked Inuyasha.
`'We can't be sure, maybe I'm just sick...'' she continued.
`'tell me!''
`'Unless I'm pregnant again''
 
(ok I was gonna finish the chapter here but that would be evil)
 
`'What?!'' Inuyasha exclaimed.
`'As I said, we can't be sure, but it's possible'' she said.
`'Kagome!'' was all Inuyasha could say, and he took the girl in his arms.
`'I love you Kagome''
`'I love you too, fluffy ears''
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
As time slowly passed by, Kagome grew fatter. They couldn't have been happier. Kagome had regained all of her joy, and Inuyasha was happy as long as she was. She was sometimes in great pain, and Inuyasha grew weaker as he gave away all of his strength to her.
`'It's ok, Inuyasha, you have to rest'' she usually said, but he would not listen. She would always sleep bad, and Inuyasha spent every night awake, trying to make her feel better. He was used to being awake all night. Sleep wasn't a luxury life had given him. He had always had to be awake and aware. It was not safe for him. Not now, not never.
 
One day, Inuyasha was forced to go down to the village to buy food, leaving a very fat Kagome at home. She stayed inside, next to the fire in the living room, trying to keep warm, for the cold had increased trough the days. She lay in the floor, covered by a thick fur blanket, and a pillow under her head. Her sleep was uneasy, and she was in pain.
 
Inuyasha, on the other hand, was running and buying things as fast as possible, not even stopping to say hi to Kahei. In five minutes he was out, and began running back towards his house. He knew Kagome was in pain, and couldn't stand it. He ran and ran, and when he finally reached the house, he heard a pained scream from inside.
`'Inuyasha!'' Kagome screamed. Inuyasha ran inside, dropping the bags on the floor, and went by her side, immediately placing his hand over her stomach. She gripped it firmly, but the pain wasn't leaving her.
`'Why does it still hurt?'' Kagome asked, but was cut off by her own cry off pain. Inuyasha placed both hands. But Kagome didn't get better.
`'what's wrong, why isn't it working?!'' Inuyasha exclaimed, gripped by panic. He couldn't stand seeing her like this. Suddenly, she felt a mix of blood and water going down her legs.
`'The baby's coming''
 
 
A/N
 
Bwahahhahahhahahha, I'm gonna be evil enough to end it here, muahahahaha-ha. Review, or I'll make Kagome die giving birth, along with the kid!!(and believe me, I'm very capable of it, I love angst)
 
To the reviewers:
 
Petpeeves12: yes, he is evil.
 
Raithya: of course I can kill Kagome. I can kill Kagome, Inuyasha and the baby. I'm that evil. But don't worry, that won't happen.... won't it? (bwahahah I'm so evil)
 
Kagomefan959: thanx! U keep reviewing, I'll keep writtin. ^_^
 
jay_see_en jcn010: thanx a lot 4 all the reviews, it's reviews like these that make me go on with the story(I'm just so lazy)
 
Archerelf: thanx a bunch!