InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Akame ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Chapter 18: Akame
 
`'What?!'' Inuyasha's heart had stopped at those words.
`'Bring towels, hurry!'' Kagome said. Inuyasha ran to the bathroom and brought all the towels he could manage to carry. As he kneeled next to her, she screamed in pain. He took the blanket and opened her kimono. She whined in pain again, and started breathing heavily.
`'when this is over I'm gonna kill you!'' she yelled. Inuyasha didn't know what to do, only to place his hand on her stomach trying to ease the pain.
`'Dammit help me!'' she yelled at him. She pushed the baby out, breathing heavily and whining in pain. After fifteen minutes of struggle, Inuyasha had the crying baby in his arms, wrapped in a towel. It was a girl. The little hair she had was black, and had tiny white ears at the top of her head. There was blood everywhere, and the baby wouldn't stop crying. Kagome was covered in sweat, and had her eyes closed.
`'It's a girl, Kagome!'' Inuyasha exclaimed, a single tear of joy trickling down his face. He turned his head to Kagome, but she was in deep slumber. He panicked for a moment, but she was still breathing correctly. He got up, and went to the bathroom, and washed his daughter. The baby by now had opened her eyes, for her youkai blood made her develop a lot faster than human babies. Her eyes were really curious, for one was golden, like her father's, and the other was the same blue as her mother's. She had really small claws, and looking up at Inuyasha, she raised a tiny hand and grabbed his hair, and pulled. Inuyasha muttered an `'ouch'' and the girl made a babyish giggle. Soon, she fell asleep. He had wrapped her in a thick blanket, and placed her on his bed. He then returned to Kagome, and picking her up, he took her to the bathroom and cleaned all the blood from her, and putting on her nightgown, with some difficulty, he placed her on the bed as well, next to her sleeping daughter. He returned once more to the living room, and cleaned the blood as best as he could, as well as the dirty towels, just like Kagome had shown him to do, and he hung them outside. He went in the house again, and after washing himself, and putting on his sleeping pants, he went to bed, and lay down, with the baby in his arms, clutched to his chest, and surrounded Kagome's waist with his other arm, and fell asleep.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome woke up, feeling very tired. The cry of a baby had woken her up. She opened her eyes slowly, and saw Inuyasha sitting beside her, with a baby in his arms. He had a stressed face.
`'Inuyasha?'' she asked faintly.
`'Kagome! Kami, I thought you would sleep for weeks! I can't stop her from crying!'' Inuyasha said.
`'She must be hungry'' Kagome said, and sitting up, with the help of Inuyasha, she let her nightgown slip to her waist, and taking the baby girl in her arms, she let her clutch her breast and drink milk. Kagome looked at her daughter, smiling.
`'She's really beautiful. She looks a lot like you'' Kagome said.
`'I thought she looked more like you'' Inuyasha answered, smiling to his mate. `'So, how are we going to call her?''
`'Akame, since she's a girl'' Kagome answered. Inuyasha smiled at her, and signalled that Akame had finished. Kagome passed her to Inuyasha, and put her nightgown back on, and Inuyasha gave her the baby back. Akame had fallen asleep, and Inuyasha leaned to Kagome, kissing her.
`'We'll have to get clothes for her'' Kagome said. `'But when she's a week older, I don't want her to get sick. I'd let you go alone, but I want to come too'' Kagome said.
`'That's ok. Anyways, it's not cold anymore, spring is coming in. I was just wondering something. You said you're supposed to give birth in nine months, but only four has passed since we knew you were pregnant. How come?'' Inuyasha asked.
`'I suppose it happens with youkai babies'' Kagome answered. `'Can you take care of her? I need sleep'' Kagome said. `'You might as well put some diapers on her, I noticed there are a bunch in the other room, along with some baby clothes she might use for the moment'' Kagome said.
`'I'm not really good at these things...'' Inuyasha said, but Kagome had already fallen asleep with Akame in her arms. Inuyasha sighed, and taking Akame from her arms, he went to the other room. Indeed, there were a bunch of diapers in a wardrobe, and he clumsily put one on is daughter. He found some baby clothes, mostly long shirts and pants, or one-body clothes, and he put on her a purple thick shirt and purple pants matching. Akame, who had woken up, stared seriously at her father, and pulled his bangs again, giggling. She then grabbed his rosary and put one of the pebbles into her mouth, gurgling. Inuyasha was practically drooling over her, she was so cute. Her small white dig ears were twitching in every direction, capturing every sound around her. She kept on sucking on the pebble, and fell asleep with it in her mouth. He took it out of her mouth, and went back into their bedroom, and sat next to Kagome, with the sleeping baby in her arms.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
`'Kagome, wake up, Akame's hungry again'' Inuyasha shook her shoulder softly, as Akame cried in his arms.
`'Urgh'' was all Kagome said, and sitting up again, she let her nightgown slip and gave Akame her milk.
`'You dressed her well'' Kagome said. Inuyasha just smiled.
`'Do you plan to sleep the rest of your life?'' Inuyasha asked her.
`'You try to give birth, see how you feel'' Kagome said. `'Tomorrow I'll move, but really, you have to let me rest. Just wake me up when she cries'' Kagome said. Akame was finally satisfied, and Kagome fell asleep again, with her daughter in her arms.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kahei rode slowly, thinking, as he made his way towards Kagome's house. It was the first day of spring, and for the first time in a long time the sun was out in all its might and the birds were singing. He finally made it to the house, and saw that Kagome and Inuyasha were down in the field, leaning to the sakura tree, that had begun to bloom its flowers. He dismounted, and walked towards them. He could see Kagome had something in her arms, but couldn't see what.
`'Hello Kagome, Inuyasha'' Kahei said as he got closer. They both turned, and Kahei could finally see what Kagome had in her arms. A baby.
`'Kahei! So glad to see you!'' Kagome said and got up.
`'Kagome is this...your...?''
`'yes, she's my daughter!'' Kagome said happily.
`'But I thought...''
`'Yes, I did have a miscarriage, but I got pregnant again, I gave birth two days ago! Her name is Akame'' Kagome said, with a big smile on her face.
`'I'm so happy for you Kagome'' Kahei said. Inuyasha stood behind her.
`'Does anyone else know about her?'' Kahei asked.
`'Not yet'' Inuyasha answered, putting an arm around Kagome's waist, in a protective manner. Akame was staring at Kahei with wide eyes. Kahei looked back at her, and smiled. The girl giggled.
`'she likes you'' Kagome said. `'You want to carry her?'' she asked, and gave the baby to Kahei. He took her in his arms, and immediately Akame got hold of a bit of hair and pulled. Inuyasha chuckled.
`'She does that to me too, although never to Kagome'' he said. Kagome laughed, and took Akame back in her arms.
`'It was nice seeing you all. If you want me to get anything from town for Akame tell me'' Kahei said.
`'We're fine, thanks anyways. See you soon, Kahei'' Kagome said, always smiling. Kahei nodded, and mounting Aoi, he left.
 
Shun trotted to them, curious about the new one. He lowered his head to Akame, and the girl, instead of crying, she grabbed his muzzle. Shun stepped back, surprised by her sudden action, and Akame started crying. Shun came to her once more, and she immediately stopped when she could hold his muzzle again. Inuyasha and Kagome were practically drooling at the scene.
`'She's so cute!'' Kagome said. Inuyasha nodded in agreement, and they went to sit under the sakura tree. Akame moved in Kagome's arms, trying to get Inuyasha's attention, and he took her in his arms. As usual, she first pulled of his hair, giggling at her father's face, and then proceeded to chew on the rosary, looking up at him with her gold and blue eyes.
`'she really likes you'' Kagome said, smiling at the pair. Inuyasha smiled as well.
`'I never thought I could have the opportunity to form my own family. I never thought I would have the opportunity of being loved'' he said. Kagome snuggled closer to him, leaning her head on his shoulder.
`'If people got to see beyond your appearance, who wouldn't love you?'' she said with a tender voice. Inuyasha turned his head to kiss her, getting a strange look from Akame. Seeing they weren't paying her attention, she screamed. Kagome immediately turned to her, and she giggled.
`'She's smart, dammit'' Inuyasha said, messing with her hair.
`'She's only two days old and looks like she were more than a month! It's incredible!'' Kagome said.
`'I remember my mother told me that when I was only two weeks I could walk perfectly, and I could manage to speak a little'' Inuyasha said. Kagome was shocked, for she never heard him talk willingly about his dead mother, but she brushed him away.
`'My goodness, two weeks and we'll have her running around!'' Kagome said.
`'Yep, two weeks''
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
`'Lord Sesshoumaru?'' Rin asked.
`'Rin, I have a task for you'' Sesshoumaru said.
`'Yes, milord?''
`'I want you to go, unseen, to were my brother lives with the girl, Kagome. I want to know if she is pregnant or if she already has given birth to a child. If she has, return immediately'' Sesshoumaru ordered.
`'what do you plan to do?'' Rin asked him.
`'I'll let some time pass; a years should be enough for my brother to get confident. Then, we will strike, and I, Sesshoumaru, will regain the lost power of my father''
 
 
A/N
 
Well, that's that. Spooky ending, huh? And well, since the threat really worked out, review or I will kill Kagome and Inuyasha before Akame has four days of life, leaving her alone and she too will die!!!!!
 
To the reviewers:
 
Rikku: review and I won't, but, then again, maybe I will (Bwahaha)
 
Eowyn Organa: ^_^
 
Raithya: lots of thanks for the long reviews, they really cheer me up. There u go, it's a girl, and the first to visit was Kahei. And about our friend `'Fluffy Ears''...I thought that would be funny.
 
Keoi: same as Rikku, review and I won't kill her. Bwahaha
 
Archerelf: lol, I thought it would be a funny nickname for Inu (a.k.a fluffy ears)
 
Child of The Silvery Moon: reading with your mouth open? Lol!! (I'm not laughing at you, don't get funny ideas)
 
Kagomefan595: good! Glad u liked it, thanx a bunch!