InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnate and Incarnate Switched ❯ The Girl Who Overcame Time and the Boy Who Was Just Overcome ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6: The Girl Who Overcame Time and the Boy who was just Overcome

A young girl walked out of her home and looked at her brother who was near a small shrine. "Kouji what are you doing there?" she asked walking over. The boy looked up at her. "I can't find Buyo neesan. I looked everywhere except in here. I'm too scared to go in there though. Will you check if he's in there? please." he said. The girl smiled. "Don't worry itouto I'll get him." she said and walked down the small flight of steps into the small shrine. "Buyo!" she called out to the cat. The cat leapt into her arms and she pet him. He rubbed his cheek against her arm and then jumped into Kouji's arms. "Thanks Kikyo-neesan." the boy said as they were about to leave the small shrine. At that moment something rather perculiar and frightening happed. Kouji watched wide eyed as his sister was grabbed by a centipede and pulled into the once sealed up well. He ran off on instinct to inform his parents and grandfather.

The centipede looked at the girl in her arms. "Give me the Shikon no Tama!" it demanded. "Shikon no Tama what are you talking about?!" Kikyo asked loudly. "You have the sacred jewel, give it to me!" was the centipede's reply. Kikyo stuggled to get free. "Let go!" she said as a glow came from her hand and the centipede let her go. Kikyo landed sofly at the bottom of the well. 'I guess I must've fallen in.' she thought. She looked up. "Hey Kouji! Get grandpa!" she called but no reply came. She then noticed the vines leading out of the well and began to climb out.

Once out of the well Kikyo began to look around. 'Where am I? Where'd everyone go?' she thought as she walked around. She noticed the Goshinboku and walked towards it. 'The Goshinboku. That means I'm practically home.' she thought. When she got to the tree she didn't see what she expected. The on the tree was a boy who appeared to be sleeping but he had an arrow in his chest. 'Who shot him though?' she thought. She got closer and noticed his ears. 'Oh wow....dog ears. I think I wanna touch them.' she thought reaching her hands up to his ears. She tweaked them. She looked at his face. He seemed peaceful yet hurt. She frowned. 'What happened to him?' she asked herself. Her thoughts were interupted as three arrows were shot towards her but they missed. 'Those arrows were not meant to hit me.' she thought as she turned. "Get away from there." chorused three archers.

The girl soon found herself tied up with many people surrounding her. 'These people look like those of the fuedal era.' she thought. "Make way people." she heard a voice say as a woman walked towards her as the people let her through. She was young looked to be in her mid twentys, wore priestess attire and her hair was held up in a high ponytail. "Who are you?" she asked Kikyo. "She could be a fox in human disguise." suggested a man. "Or a spy." a woman said. "I don't think so." the supposed priestess said looking at Kikyo. She walked closer to Kikyo and untied her. 'The resemblence is there yet I know not why.' the priestess thought.

"You must forgive the villagers for how they treated you child. In these times of war we can only be so careful." the priestess who had indentified herself as Kaede said. "Its ok." Kikyo replied. A young man stepped in. He had long black hair and bluishgray eyes. On his back there were two katanas that made an X. "Souta where is thy mother?" Kaede asked. "She is giving birth Lady Kaede." Souta replied. He looked at Kikyo. "And who might you be fair lady?" he asked. 'She looks so much like neesan.' Souta thought. "My name is Kikyo." was the simple reply. 'She's kind of cold.' Souta thought. He looked at Kaede. "She looks like neesan Lady Kaede. Do you know why?" he asked. Kaede stayed silent for a moment then spoke. "I believe she is the reincarnation of your sister Souta." she stated. Kikyo suddenly got up and walked out of the hut. "What is it child?" Kaede asked walking out of the hut as well. Her eyes widened at the scene before her. There was a centipede demon attacking the village and the archers and spearmen were not having much sucess. Kaede shot an arrow but missed. Kikyo looked at Kaede. "I know how to stop it. I'll lure it back to the well." she said an then ran off. The centipede folllowed.

Kikyo ran in fear and determination. She tripped and landed in front of the Goshinboku. "Hello Kagome playing with bugs I see." said a voice. She looked up. "So you're alive I see." she said staring at him. "Why are you taking so long to kill it? Just do her like you did me." Inuyasha said. The centipede appeared and was abotu to grab Kikyo when it was stopped by the villagers. "Good now pull!" yelled the leading villaager as they began to pull the centipede back. "You're puthetic Kagome." Inuyasha stated. Kikyo got up and walked up to Inuyasha. "I'm not Kagome! Look I'm telling you, I'm not her! Whoever her is!" Kikyo yelled at Inuyasha. "And I'm saying you gotta be her cause if you're not there's no way that you can smell so..." he stopped after getting a good sniff of her scent. "You're not her." Inuyasha barely whispered. 'He sounded sad to know I am not this Kagome girl I keep hearing about. I wonder why.' Kikyo thought. "I know! My name is Kikyo you baka youkai!" Kikyo yelled in Inuyasha's face.

Suddenly Kikyo was pulled by the centipede. She grabbed onto Inuyasha's hair and tried not to get pulled away by the centipede. The centipede did succeed though. She sent Kikyo into the air after making a cut in her side. Kikyo watched as a glowing orb flew out of her side. 'Is that the sacred jewel?' she thought. She let out a small cry of pain as she landed. "Quick onna get the jewel! Hurry!" she heard Inuyasha say and rached for the orb but was crushed against Inuyasha by the centipede. She gasped for air finding she couldn't breathe. "Don't you dare!" she heard Inuyasha say as the centipede swallowed the jewel. He looked down. "Can you pull out this arrow?" he whispered. Kikyo looked up at him. "What'd you say?" she asked. Inuyasha looked ahead again. "Look can you pull out this arrow or not?!" he asked again quite loud. Kikyo winced. "I can try." she said. "No child. If Inuyasha is released from that seal then he will destroy us all!" she heard Kaede say. "Don't be stupid onna! Atleast with me you have a chance!" she heard Inuyasha yell back angrily. Inuyasha looked down. "And what about you are you ready to die yet?" he asked. He ginned slightly watching Kikyo grab hold of the arrow. "I don't know what I should do but given the choice I choose to live!" Kikyo said as she pulled on the arrow. It disappeared as a dark pink glow surrounded Inuyasha.

"Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!" Inuyasha yelled as he killed the centipede. "Quick find the glowing flesh that's where the jewel is." Kaede told Kikyo. Kikyo nodded and Kaede took the jewel out of the piece of flesh as the remains of the centipede became nothing but ashes. A stomp on a piece of bone caught their attention. "Onna If you hand over the jewel right now I'll spare you." Inuyasha said.

Well there's Kikyo's enterance. Please read and review.