InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
'He's here.' Kagosha warned. Like they needed the warning. The youki in the air thickened, nearly choking them. As well, the humans and other cohorts of Malum drew away, clearing the field for one figure- their lord.
"You are the sons and daughters of the Gods." It wasn't a question, so Kotan didn't answer.
"You're Malum." Said youkai smirked.
"That was a bit obvious."
"What do you want with us? Let us go, or you'll find that you'll have a very... difficult time." It was Kotan's turn to smirk.
"I don't think I will. Dead bodies hurt no one, even if you'll smell."
"You won't." The smirk on Malum's face turned into a sneer.
"Do you think I'm too scared, little girl?"
"I don't have to think to know that you're afraid of my mom and dad. I can smell it on you." She could. Heck, a rabbit with it's nose cut off five miles away could probably smell it. Malum scowled.
"Act not so confident."
"Why can't I?" The scowl on Malum's face turned into a grin.
"You know but a tenth of what I can do." Malum raised his hands, sniffing the air. He noted Kotan's smell, getting the impression of wolf and wind, like a summer breeze, as well as fire. He noted that Nakago smelled like metal- something like molten steel- and birds. Santu reminded him of, well, you couldn't exactly smell Santu that well, just impressions- one of which was poison......... and lastly, Kagosha smelled like a dog, but also of damp earth. Strangely, she also smelled clean, like she had holy powers, or something you'd associate with a temple.
'Fire, Air, counter with Metal and Water. Air, Metal, I counter with Fire. Air, I counter with Metal. Last, I counter Water and Earth with Air.'
"Kane Kaze!" A tornado sprang up, and it seemed to shimmmer.......
'What?' Kotan almost laughed. 'He would use Wind against a youkai born of wolf and wind? But...' her eyes widened.
'How can he use Air? He. isn't he a Fire youkai?'
The tornado neared her. as it drew closer, Kotan cried out. She concentrated hard, but she couldn't move the tornado much, jsut about 1/2 the time.... and her panicked brain wouldn't allow for that. The tornado- made of metal as well as air- swallowed her. Her friends heard her tortured screams.....
"Kotan!" Kagosha cried, concentrating on the palm of her hand.
"Nisouikou!" She called out, her voice ringing loudly. She placed her hand in- or on, no one was quite sure which- the tornado, concentrating with sweat pouring down her face. The tornado broke, revealing a very bloody and hurt Kotan.
"He- he's a...... an elemental.... elemental youkai. Not.. not restricted..." she gasped, coughing up blood.
"Kotan." Santu said gravely, face whitening. "Kotan!"
"I'll heal.. beat him." Kagosha wouldn't have left her side if it hadn't been for the gleam in her eye.
"We will." She stood up and faced Malum, teh world shrinking down the the five of them.
"Elemental....." Nakago whispered. "I.... I'm useless....... I'm just Air and Metal without the sickle.... I may be able to do some damage, but not a lot.."
"Doku Ta Te!" Santu called out. A shield of poison formed over the four- Kotan, Kagosha, Nakago, and himself.
"This won't help for long. If he's an elemental...... we can't use our element-based attacks...... if only we had our weapons....."
"Do you know anything that can help us against him?"
"His weak spot is directly in the center of his chest. Hit there, and he won't be able to do anything. The five centers on his body are the centers of his power. Left armpit ia Water, the right is Earth. The back of his right knee is Air, and his left is Metal. The center of his forehead contains Fire. our weaknesses are against- me being Air, Kagosha being Water and Earth, and Nakago being Metal and Air- are Metal, Air, Fire, and Earth. We have to hit every center except his Water center, but we might wnat to do that to protect Kagosha."
"Where should we-" The shield broke, the poison shield turning to mist instead. Through that mist, they saw Malum.
"You mistake," he said coldly, staring them down. "- not wanting to waste my time for cowardice." He raised his hand, aiming at the center of the group, and spoke.
"Kane Honou." A blur stream of molten metal poured from Malum's hands, coating the ground in seconds. Soon, very soon, it would reach Kotan and the others. Nakago dove straight into the stream, taking the attack, collapsing.
"Metal and Air vs. Metal and Fire." Nakago smiled crookedly. "Ow......"
"Idiot!" Santu berated him. Nakago had been weak against both aspects! Santu glanced around. Kotan and Nakago were in no shape to fight- that left himself and Kagosha. If you thought about it logically, then only one who could beat him was Kagosha. The miko powers she had inherited from her mother.......
"Arrows!" he cried out happily. A bowman had fled earlier, leaving his bow and arrows. He summoned them and threw them to Kagosha.
"Aim for his left knee!" That would allow him to use some more of his attacks- Malum would be unable to use Metal, Santu's weak point. Kagosha nodded.
"Mukeiya!" An arrow filled with the blue-brown-green energy of Kagisha sped towards it's destination.... and was caught by an alert foe.
"Not very wis-Ah!" Malum dropped the arrow, clutching his hand, then shooting a look of venom at Kagosha.
"That's why you smell clean, miko." Kagosha's eyes widened. If he knew that.... then he knew that any arrow from her would wound, even if it just barely scraped the skin.
'Santu! Distract him! I'll take out the knee.'
"Doku kiri!" A mist thick enough to sleep on rose up on Santu's command. Kagosha ran to Malum, reaching out for Malum's knees, her hands glowing ever-so slightly..........