InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Return to the Place Where I First Loved You! ❯ What is Normal Anymore? ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Return To The Place Where I First Loved You!
 
By Gogina
 
A/N: I guess that's what I'll do from now on. I'll update two times a day. Thank you so much for your reviews. They mean the world to me! ^__^
 
Chapter 8
 
What Is Normal Anymore?
 
I went to school the next day in a daze. Bandages covered my hands, where they were scared from the ritual. It was what Inuyasha would call my `stupidness' shining through. It pains me how someone could be having a horrible day and forced to go on with life, while others barely seem to notice. One thing my friends did notice was, I never smiled anymore. Ever since sealing the well that had been my escape, I never found a reason to smile or laugh.
 
“Excuse me, I was hoping you could help me with something,” a voice asked as a hand tapped me on the shoulder.
 
I turned to greet a girl about five years older than me.
 
“What do you need?” I asked, trying to seem friendly, even though my facial expressions didn't show it.
 
“My name's Ichigo,” she replied, offering her hand, which I just stared at.
 
Slowly, she lowered it.
 
“Anyway, I was hoping you could point me towards Mr. Valef's class.”
 
I shrugged and pointed down the hall, wording the directions as she watched me. What was it about her that sent shivers up and down my spine?
 
INUYASHAINUYASHAINUYASHAINUYASHAINUYASHAINUYASHA
 
Dear Journal,
 
 

I miss Inuyasha each day more and more. I just don't understand why fate has dealt me such a heavy blow. Then again, I did this to myself and it's no one's fault but my own. I sometimes sit here, thinking `I wish I never met Inuyasha', but immediately curse myself for thinking such a foolish thought. Without Inuyasha, I wouldn't be . . . whole. In my heart, I know I love him, but it's too late to turn back now. He has everything going for him, but I'm not part of that `everything'.
 
 
Til next time,
Kagome
 
I sat on the edge of the sealed well, just finished writing in my journal. Calmly, I looked over my words and sighed. Ever since I had sealed the well, I'd been sitting in here to do my most serious thinking, but always came around to another thought instead. Inuyasha. Maybe it was time to go back to a normal existence. Then again, what is normal anymore?
 
 
 
A/N: What'll happen? Review on to find out!