InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Return to the Place Where I First Loved You! ❯ Come With Me! ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Return To The Place Where I First Loved You!

By Gogina

A/N: And here’s chapter 11 like I promised!

Chapter 11

Come With Me!

“Kagome, please.”

I had to hold my head up high, or else I’d start crying all over again and that would make Inuyasha feel even more uncomfortable.

“Talk,” I said, swallowing hard. “I can listen.”

SMACK! I never saw the hand coming, but I felt it more than heard it. Kikyo stood there, a grin on her face. I erupted. That was it! I never even bothered to catch Inuyasha’s reaction when I launched myself onto Kikyo, but I honestly didn’t care. Fists were flying, mostly mine, and connecting with skin. Inuyasha was shouting at me to stop, but there was no way I was letting her get away with that. Not to mention all the pain she’d been putting me through lately.

“Kagome! Stop!” Inuyasha shouted once again as he grabbed me by my waist and lifted me from on top of Kikyo. “Kagome, please.”

I was still kicking and thrashing, trying to get out of his grip. Tears had already made their way onto my cheeks, but I ignored them as my dagger gaze kept Kikyo in check. If she so much as moved, there’d be no stopping me. Inuyasha whirled me around to face him, his golden eyes locking with my hate-filled ones.

“Kagome.”

His voice was gentle and, without my realizing it, it made my heart melt. The anger gradually faded and I couldn’t help but lean my head against his chest and cry. I needed him. Oh, God, how I needed him.

“Inuyasha, I’m sorry,” I whispered, shocked when I realized that he was returning my embrace and had his head laying on top of mine.

“Kagome, there’s something you have to know,” he told me. “It’s -It’s about the others.”

My eyes widened and my heart missed a few beats, for it was right then that I realized that I hadn’t seen any of them lately. His grip tightened on me, making me fear the worse.

“Don’t worry, they’re fine,” he assured me. “Miroku and Sango got married while you were away. Sango’s expecting, or so Miroku thinks anyway. They’re really happy, Kagome, and I-I was hoping we could be too. Just you, me, and maybe even Shippo.” By now he was whispering. “I may not show it, but I care for you, Kagome. Be my mate?”

I blushed automatically, but managed to nod my head and whisper “Yes” loud enough for just him to hear. In our excitement, I had totally forgotten Kikyo. Quickly, I turned, only to find her gone. Our troubles were over, or were they just beginning?


A/N: Please, review!