InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reunion ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue

A/N : I don't own Inuyasha. I hope that you enjoy this story. I will do my best to please you.

Dusk was falling when the messenger arrived at his lord's manor. He went straight to the audience hall after throwing the reins of his horse to the groom. The lord looked up as his servant entered. The man approached the figure at the head of the room and dropped to one knee.

"I bear news, my lord."

"Speak, Daremo."

"I spoke with several of the villagers in the area. There can be no doubt. The rumors we have heard are true. He has returned from the dead. Some of the men that I spoke with even saw the event."

"You have done well, my servant. Now, go get some rest. I will be needing you in the morning."

The lord waited until his servant had left before rising. He left the hall and went to a smaller room in the manor. An elderly woman looked at him as he entered. "Mother, he is alive."

The old woman closed her eyes and bowed her head. When she looked up, she had tears in her eyes. Her voice shook with emotion as she spoke. "Send for him, my son. I want to see him before the end of my life."

The lord nodded in agreement. "I will send Daremo in the morning with letters of invitation, both formal and informal."

The old woman smiled as she wiped the tears from her face. "I will send a note, as well. He will not refuse me."

The lord smiled as he turned to leave. He paused at the door. "Mother? Should we tell her?"

The old woman frowned. "No. Not at this time. I wish to see him first and get a chance to explain. Maybe he will accept it, unless he inherited father's temper."

The lord laughed at the last. "Good night, mother. I will get your note in the morning. Please get some rest."

'How will I rest?' she thought after her son left. 'He is alive! He is alive! Oh please, Inuyasha! Come home, son of my sister, come home!'

A/N: This is just a tease. Yes, I know I'm evil. I hope that you will like the rest of the story.