InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reunion ❯ Chapter Seventeen:Fun and Games ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seventeen

A/N: Hi. Sorry to be so long but I have had a killer sinus headache. It's hard to concentrate on anything when it feels like your eyes want to pop out of your head! Thanks for the reviews. Now for a little filler chapter. I'll try not to bore you. Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Claim: I do own this story, so Inuyasha can dance to MY tune.

The next few days travel were relatively uneventful. Unless you were Jaken. Rin and Shippou had become inseperable and had found a mutual interest, pranks. And their favorite target was Jaken. It was hard to figure who was the cleverest of the two, both were highly inventive, and they seemed to have made a contest out of who could pull the better prank. Shippou had a slight advantage with his kitsune magic abilities but Rin was showing that she had a few tricks up her sleeve, as well. They had pulled everything from stealing the staff of skulls and buring it in horse dung (Rin's idea) to causing mushrooms to sprout on Jaken's head (Shippou's magic)! The two currently had their heads together and were whispering to each other and casting significant looks at Jaken. Poor Jaken was getting very paranoid.

"Lord Sesshomaru! Tell Rin to stop playing tricks on your humble servant!"

"Jaken, part of your duties is to see to Rin's amusement."

"But, but, but does she have to amuse herself at my expense!"

Sesshomaru cast a significant look at Jaken, himself. "I care not how you amuse her, or how she amuses herself with you. It is my wish that she be amused."

Jaken took on a deflated look. "Yes, my lord!" he groaned, almost in tears. Suddenly, he was bopped in the back of the head with a rock. He spun around to see a nightmare come true. There were two Rin's smiling at him! Jaken's mouth dropped open in shock.

The two looked at each other and winked. Simultaniuosly, they spoke. "Come on, Jaken! Let's play!"

Jaken's mouth began to move, silently. Then he let out a long scream and took to his heels. The two Rin's chased after him, laughing. Sesshomaru noticed that one of the Rin's had a tail. He shook his head. 'I do not know how I am going to seperate those two. They have become very close and Rin will be very sad to leave him.' He turned his eyes to his brother and Kagome. 'And the fox will never leave them. Fortunately, it is not a question that I have to decide now.'

Inuyasha and Kagome were playing 'Go'. Kagome was a competant player and had beaten Inuyasha the first time they played. However, the more Inuyasha played, the better he got. Long forgotten strategies from his grandfather began to resurface in his mind. He had little trouble beating Kagome now, but he didn't flaunt this. He kept the games close so that Kagome wouldn't get mad at him! Miroku had recovered enough that he was watching with interest.

"You are getting better at this game, Inuyasha." he commented. "However, I don't believe that you could beat me."

"Is that a challenge?" asked Inuyasha, without turning his head from the game board.

"It could be, if given proper incentive."

"What do you have in mind, monk?"

"Oh, I don't know. A kiss from Lady Kagome, perhaps?"

Inuyasha turned his head slowly, a low growl in his throat.

Kagome blushed and quickly interceded. "I don't think that would be a good idea, Miroku."

A voice behind Miroku spoke, coldly. "I know it wouldn't!" Miroku looked behind him to see Sango fuming.

"Well, it was just an idea."

Inuyasha cocked his head to one side and grinned, nastily. "How about this? At the next village, you pay for my meal."

"You are assuming that you will win, Inuyasha. And if I win?"

"If you win, I'll buy whatever you want."

Miroku looked amused. "And what are you going to buy, Inuyasha. You have no money."

Inuyasha reached into his hakama and pulled out a yellow lump. He tossed it to Miroku. "Catch, monk. This should buy whatever I want."

Miroku's breath caught in his throat as he examined the lump of metal in his hand. It was pure gold! "Inuyasha! Where did you get this?"

"Doesn't matter. You still want to play?"

"Yes, of course."

"Then let's begin. You don't mind, do you Kagome."

"It's alright, Inuyasha." Kagome said ,as she cleared her men from the gameboard. After she was done, she walked around the board to stand behind Inuyasha. She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. "Good luck!" she whispered.

Miroku sat down across from Inuyasha. "Lady Sango, would you do me the honor of a kiss for luck, as well?"

Sango smiled sweetly at the monk and leaned over to place her face near his. "Not on your life!" she whispered to him.

Inuyasha barked a laugh at the monk. "Let's get on with this. I let you have first move."

Miroku's eyebrow went up. "My thanks, Inuyasha. Let us begin."

No more words were passed between the opponents for a while, as each concentrated on his next move. Miroku was proving to be the better player. He had captured over two thirds of the board, but strangly, Inuyasha did not seem too upset. He would occasionally growl when Miroku captured some of his pieces, but otherwise, was very quiet and intent on the game.

Miroku looked up from the board. "Inuyasha?" The hanyou looked up at him. "It is obvious that I am winning. Why not concede defeat and save yourself the embaressment of a loss?"

Inuyasha looked irritated. "Games not over yet, bouzo."

"Very well, Inuyasha." Miroku made another move. "And how do you plan to answer that move?"

Inuyasha suddenly grinned at Miroku, a very predatory grin. "Like this!" he stated, making his move. Miroku's eyes widened as they saw the elaborate trap that Inuyasha had set. With one move, Inuyasha had recaptured almost a third of his lost space, bringing him almost even with the monk!

"Well played!" said Daremo, who had come up during the game.

"Indeed." said a rather sour Miroku, as he placed his next piece. "However, I am still in the lead."

Inuyasha smiled at his friend. "Yes, you are." he agreed. "But not for long!" He placed his next piece and sprang his other trap. He captured enough space to put himself in the lead!

Miroku was nonplussed. Suddenly, it dawned on him that Inuyasha had been playing with him all along. "You set me up." he declared.

"Well, maybe a little bit." admitted the smug hanyou. "I wasn't sure how good a player you were until we started. After a little while though, I knew that I could take you and decided to see if I remembered my strategy lessons correctly. It seems that I did."

"Yes, it does."

"You haven't been playing that well against me." A voice declared, at Inuyasha's elbow.

Inuyasha lost the smug grin he had on his face. "Uh, Kagome?" he began.

"Sit, boy!" crash "Next time, don't throw a game to me! And since you seem to have money now, you can make this up to me by taking me shopping!" Kagome picked up the lump of gold and turned on her heel to walk away from the gameboard.

groan "Maybe I should have let you win, monk!" Inuyasha said as he pulled himself into a sitting position.

Miroku chuckled.

A/N: Not a very good chapter, but I needed a filler until they get to the manor. I have played 'Go' a few times, and while I am not too keen on the stratagies involved, I have seen between a third and half my pieces get taken in a single move, so I know it is possible. See you later!