InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reunion ❯ Chapter Twenty-nine ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Twenty-nine

A/N: I have been chastised. My apologies for the delay in posting, but, as they say, life happens while you were making other plans. Nothing earth shattering, just an extended work schedule. And I must admit that I got a little lazy. And one other thing. I know that some of you will be amused to know that I am hooked on Diablo II: Lord of Destrustion. That said, pardon me while I take a moment to thank my reviewers. Inugirlteen, SimplyALady, LunaML, PJ, MijaMarianne, PhoenixFire17, Caliko, Sweden's Pride, Valese, Dragon Man 180 and the anonimous 'New Fan' have all been regular reviewers and I have greatly appreciated their support. One of my new fans, Split Chick, gave a very enthusiastic review for this fic. I hope that she likes my other stories as well as this one. There are many others that I wish I could remember, but take heart, all your reviews are appreciated. By the way, to Split Chick: Takara is Sesshoumaru's niece, by marriage. Her mother was his mate's sister and Takara is a dead ringer for his mate, except for the ears. And she was born after the death of Sesshoumaru's mate. As some of you may have noticed, I have begun the sequel to 'Be Careful What You Say'. That means that I shall be dividing my time between it and this story, plus one other. I promised my mate that I would begin on my novel so that shall be taking up my time as well. Never fear, though, I will NEVER abandon a story. That said, it is time for me to make my disclaimer and get on with this shindig. I don't own Inuyasha, but my malamute just had six pups that will probably have his ears!

Jaken's beak of a mouth was open in astonishment. He stared at Miroku and then at Lord Tanaka. Finally, his mouth snapped shut. He shook his head, as if to clear it and then spoke. "So, you're telling me that this Yukiho woman not only did a ritual of binding on Inuyasha but she actually bred with him while he was pinned to the Goshinboku?"

"Yes, Jaken." replied Miroku, patiently.

"And you told Lord Sesshoumaru this?"

"Yes, Jaken."

hunh "Well, you will soon be less one annoying human woman. Lord Sesshoumaru will look at this as a stain on his family honor, even though it happened to a hanyou."

"We gathered that much." Lord Tanaka interjected, drily. "He was prepared to execute Yukiho when the Lady Kagome asked him to wait until they knew if it would harm Inuyasha or not."

gasp "NO!" came a voice from the door. The three turned to see Takara standing there. "Please, my lord Genki! Don't allow Lord Sesshoumaru to kill my mother."

"Takara." It pained Genki to say these next words, especially to the girl that he helped raise, but she needed to hear them. "I'm not sure that I won't be ordering her execution myself. Your mother has commited heinous acts against a member of my family."

"But she is a member of your family, too!" wailed Takara.

"I know. And I must distance myself from this to give a just sentence." Genki sighed. "And then there is Lord Sesshoumaru to consider. He is a very proud youkai. His family has been affronted, too."

"Then I must plead with him for mercy for my mother." Takara bent down on one knee in front of Jaken. "Your name is Jaken, yes?"

Jaken gulped. 'Even her eyes are the same!' he thought, desparately. "Y,y,yes, it is." he stammered.

Takara smiled at him through her tears. "Please, Jaken. Take me to your lord so that I may plead my mother's case."

Jaken closed his eyes. "Madam, once my lord decides on an action, he rarely changes his mind."

"Just take me to him, so that I can speak with him." Takara reached out a hand to touch Jaken on the shoulder.

The little toad demon shuddered. "Lady Takara. If any one could get him to change his mind, it would be you. Lord Sesshoumaru could never resist you." Suddenly, Jaken's eyes flew wide open as he realized what he had said.

Takara was looking at Jaken with a puzzled look on her face. "Why did you call me 'Lady'? And how could I have that affect on Lord Sesshoumaru? I have never met him before today."

"It was just a slip of the tongue." said Jaken, hurriedly. "I'm just a stupid old toad! Don't pay any attention to me!"

Miroku was astonished. In the time that he had known Jaken, he had never acted like this. Something very strange was going on and it centered on this beautiful hanyou. "Jaken, what is going on?"

"Nothing, you hentai monk! Now leave me in peace!" Jaken turned to go but was blocked by Takara.

"I still want you to take me to your lord."

groan "Very well. He went in search of his brother. Which way did he go, monk?"

Miroku looked at Jaken in annoyance. He wanted answers but realized that he wasn't going to get any at this time. He pointed toward a wall. "Lord Sesshoumaru, Kagome, and Shippou went over that wall. I believe they were heading toward the nearest forest to search for Inuyasha. We thought that he would seek out the tallest tree to think."

Takara started. "Inutaro does that."

Miroku looked at Takara in shock. "What?"

"I said, Inutaro does that." Takara looked thoughtful. "I bet I know where they have gone. Come on, Jaken. I still need you to present me to your lord so that I may make my plea." Takara headed for the nearest door.

sigh "Bossy woman. Some things never change." Jaken set out in Takara's wake. "Hey, wait up! My legs aren't as long as yours!"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////

"So, Lord Sesshoumaru is your brother?"

"Unfortunately."

Inutaro raised an eyebrow at his father. "Why do you say that?"

"Let's just say that he and I have not had the best of relationships. He has tried to kill me a few times, but I don't think he wants to do that anymore."

Inutaro's jaw dropped in surprise. "Why would he want to kill you?"

Inuyasha snorted. "Partially because I'm a hanyou, and partially because of Tessaiga." He patted the sword hilt on his hip.

Inutaro's eyes fell on the sword hilt. It wasn't very impressive. "That ratty looking thing?" he scoffed. "Why would he want that?"

Inuyasha grinned and drew Tessaiga, transforming into its full length as he drew it . "Looks ain't everything."

Inuyasha's grin got even bigger as he watched the expressions on Inutaro's face. It looked like his eye's were going to bug out of his head. "It's a youkai guardian blade made from one of my father's fangs." he answered the unasked question. "It can kill a thousand youkai in a single stroke."

Inutaro finally found his voice. "How do you wield that thing?"

Inuyasha, still grinning, dropped to the ground. Inutaro followed him. "You see those trees." Inuyasha pointed with Tessaiga. Before Inutaro could answer, Inuyasha leaped into the air and brought the sword down in a sweeping cut. Lines of power leapt away from the blade, striking the trees and splintering them. When Inuyasha landed, he sheathed his sword and turned to Inutaro. "That attack is known as Kazi no Kizu. I have other more powerful attacks, but that one is the easiest. Other than just swinging the blade, that is."

Inutaro found his tongue. "Now I see why Lord Sesshoumaru would want the sword! I have heard that he is a very powerful youkai; this sword would make him nearly unstoppable!"

"Just one problem, though. He can't use it. It has an enchantment on it that won't let him." snort "The old man had it made so that only I could weild Tessaiga. And only if I promised to protect someone."

"You had to promise to protect someone before the sword would let you use it?" Inutaro was incredulous. "Let me guess. That pretty, dark haired girl fighting with mother, right? The one you called, Kagome?"

Inuyasha nodded. "Yeah. She's the one that I swore to protect." Inuyasha paused, in thought. "I would have protected her, anyway. But that oath allows me to use Tessaiga."

"She'sspecial to you?"

"She's my mate."

Inutaro stared at his father in shock. "So, that means you will never reconcile with mother, will you?"

"Reconcile?" Inuyasha slowly turned to face Inutaro. "Listen, 'son'! I may not blame you for what happened, but I sure as hell blame her! She took something from me that I can't get back! It makes my skin crawl and I feel like I need a bath. I feel like running far away from here and leaving everyone behind, including my mate! A part of me doesn't even want to see her for fear that I am even more unworthy of her now than I was before! So don't talk to me about reconciling with Yukiho! As soon as I can get this bond to my soul broken, I am leaving this place, otherwise, I might kill her for what she has put me and Kagome through!"

"Father! You wouldn't!?"

A voice from the shadows spoke. "No, he would not. He has a soft spot for humans." Sesshoumaru stepped into the light of the clearing. "I have no such weakness and will have no problem with slaying that vile woman."

A/N: That's it for now. I considered going on, but what is about to happen needs careful thought and a lot of writing. See ya', soon. (I hope!)