InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Revenge of the Moon Goddess ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any other characters in this story, OK, so don't sue me, now on with the story!

Revenge of the Moon Goddess

The moon. Some people look at it as one of natures beauties. Praising the moon goddess with their love and laughter and sending her gifts; but is the moon beautiful at all. To some people the moon is evil and the goddess that protects it. Who is right and who is wrong, no one knows, but to only those who search for the answer.

"Inuyasha hurry up!" said Kagome. A low growling rumbling sound escapes through Inuyasha's throat. "I'm trying to you Wench!" yelled Inuyasha, "maybe you shouldn't put so much in this stupid bag." "For your information," said Kagome, "I have to study for a big test and if I don't I will fail!" stated Kagome. "Humph" mumbled Inuyasha.

Inuyasha stops, dead in his tracks. Kagome turned around to see what was wrong and she saw a painful look in his face. Kagome was trying to see what was wrong with him when she saw a cute little fur ball, Shippo, hanging on to Inuyasha's leg by his teeth.

Shippo slowly took his teeth out of Inuyasha's leg and looks up toward an angry hanyou. "Serves you right for being mean to Kagome," shouted Shippo. Inuyasha clenches his fists into tight little balls and starts chasing Shippo around in circles. "Come here you little twerp!" Shouted the angry Inuyasha.

"Oh, Inuyasha," sighed Miroku, "you are always acting like such a child." Inuyasha stops chasing Shippo and looks at Miroku. "I do not act like a child," yelled Inuyasha. "Yes you do," Miroku said back. Inuyasha and Miroku continues to argue. Sango smiles at Kagome, thinking of how childish both of them were. "Well," said Kagome, "we are going to have to set up camp." Kagome thinks in her head, " Those three could argue for hours. In the background you could still hear Inuyasha and Miroku arguing. "Tetsaiga," said Inuyasha, pulling out his sword and pointing it towards Miroku. Miroku puts his left hand by his right hand, getting it ready to pull the prayer beads off his hand and release his wind tunnel.

The sun had set and Kagome and Sango had already set up camp. The gang was quiet. Inuyasha and Miroku set quietly against separate trees glowing with the light of the fire. Kagome smiled, looking down at the little kitsune on her lap, fast asleep from that days journey. "He looks so innocent doesn't he," said Sango. "Yes, he does," said Kagome in a soft voice not wanting to wake him up. Sango looks up from the dancing flames to look at Kagome. "Have you sensed any jewel shards yet Kagome?" asked Sango. "No," said Kagome, "I haven't sensed any at all." Kagome looks at Inuyasha from the corner of her eye and sighs. "What is wrong?" said a worried Sango. "Oh, nothing," said Kagome shrugging the question off with waves of her hands. Inuyasha jumps a tree and looks down on the gang. "We should go to sleep now," said Inuyasha, "we have a big day tomorrow." Everybody took his advice and got ready for bed, Sango making sure she wasn't in groping reach of Miroku. They all fell asleep except Inuyasha , who was in deep thought. Inuyasha thinks to himself, "The time is coming, we have to go and go fast."

The air was cold and frigid. Kagome set up in her sleeping bag, trying not to disturb Shippo, but when Kagome looked down the little kitsune was gone. Kagome's mind rushed around searching for answers to were he could have gone, but she couldn't think straight. Kagome stood up, still in her school uniform and took off not caring of the breeze that stung her legs.

Kagome had left the camp and was pushing her way through the foggy forest shouting Shippo's name. Nothing responded to the calling except the sound of the wind that was blowing her onward. Kagome had walked a distance away from the camp when she stopped frozen in her tracks. She couldn't move she couldn't talk, and the worst thing was is that she couldn't see anything except pure blankness. Chills of fright were running through her spine, and her heart was racing. She wanted to yell out for Inuyasha, she wanted him to protect her, she wanted him to be with her, so she could feel the warmth of his body and know that she was safe. Kagome's thoughts were disrupted when a bone chilling scream of a woman flew past her. It wasn't a scream for help, more like a scream looking for pain. The wind was coming back to her, flying toward the back of her frozen body, screaming all the way. Kagome thought she was going to go crazy, the wind came up to her back and stopped, clinching her in its tight grip. "Kagome," said a light voice. The tight grip of the screeching woman increased and it felt like her body was going to be pulled in half.

"Kagome!" said Inuyasha, throwing a nut that had hit her on the head. Kagome set up in a flash with sweat running down her face, and the air was not cold. Kagome looked around trying to find Inuyasha. Inuyasha had jumped down from the tree and was crouching down beside Kagome. "Inuyasha," wailed Kagome, tears dripping down her face. Kagome went towards Inuyasha hurriedly and buried her face into Inuyasha's chest. Inuyasha sat there for a second not knowing what to do, but after a second he wrapped his arms around Kagome, whispering comforting words in her ear to calm her down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how did you like it! This is my first Inuyasha fan fiction, so if you want to point out any errors or give me suggestions about the story, go right ahead! So please, please review, and tell me how you like it!!!

1