InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rin's Day ❯ One Shot ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Rin's Day
 
Summery: It is Rin's birthday and Sesshomaru is going to let her do whatever she pleases...with him and Jaken. Was this a good choice to put on a nine-year-old girl? What will happen to her when a youkai attacks, and they meet Inuyasha along the way?
 
Rin woke up from her nights rest. Something told her it was a special day. She counted on her fingers, and her face changed from groggily to very happy. She skipped over to Sesshomaru, who was leaning against the tree, and said, “It's my birthday!”
 
Sesshomaru just stared, but Rin could tell he was thinking. “How old are you?” he asked after the silence. Rin counted again.
 
“I am nine!” she cried out happily. Sesshomaru thought again, but Rin interrupted. “If Rin is nine then can she do what ever she wants for the day?” And before Sesshomaru could answer, she was jumping up and down.
 
“Thank you Sesshomaru-sama!” she said. Jaken had come from the river, and Rin tackled him.
 
“You have to take orders from Rin for the day!” she said, authority in her voice. Jaken looked up to Sesshomaru, who had a slight smile on his face.
 
“Why?” he asked.
 
“It's my birthday! You and Sesshomaru-sama have to listen to me!”
 
Jaken smiled inwardly, because Sesshomaru stopped smiling after he heard that. Rin skipped around them, and hummed. Sesshomaru sighed.
 
What could a little girl do for the day? he thought.
 
--------
 
Sesshomaru ran around, and heard a giggle. Rin has to be quieter if they were going to play this game. His senses were more sharper then hers, and he could hear every little thing she did. Ignoring the giggle, he pretended that he didn't hear it, and called out, “Now where is Rin...?”
Rin smothered a giggle again. And Sesshomaru rolled his eyes.
 
She's too loud to play this game... Oh well... He ran to the tree, and found her.
 
She giggled, and said, “You found me! Now let's go find Jaken!”
 
Sesshomaru carried Rin around, and she pointed to the river. Jaken had hid behind a rock. They found him, and Rin wanted to go somewhere else. She had the day planned.
 
--------
 
Sesshomaru's nose was too fragile for this kind of torture. He sat farthest away from the wildflowers with Ah-Un, while Rin and Jaken picked some. He tried his hardest not to pick up the extra smells the flowers were making, but it finally got to him. His nose felt like it was going to shut down and bleed, while he was getting light headed.
 
“Here Sesshomaru-sama!” Rin called.
 
She placed a flower weaved hat on his head. She skipped back to Jaken, as Sesshomaru's nose gave out. It started to bleed, and he couldn't breathe through it.
 
I swear there is a flower youkai or something out here, he thought. He held his nose, while Ah-Un chewed on his flower hat.
 
--------
 
Rin, Jaken, and Ah-Un had each had flowered hat, while Sesshomaru's was half eaten. He has now gotten used to the smell, but his nose throbbed.
 
They were walking, when Sesshomaru heard something.
 
“Stop Rin,” he ordered. Rin turned around, looking a little angry that he wasn't following her rules. But then she saw the expression on his face, and stopped immediately. It wasn't a time to play around.
 
“Stay with Ah-Un. Jaken come with me,” he said.
 
Running off, Rin stood next to Ah-Un. She looked up at the double headed youkai, and thought. She stared at it some more, before asking, “Hey, what are you anyway?” Ah-Un shook its head, and Rin shrugged. She fixed her hat, and sat next to it. She started to hum again, when something popped up out of thin air.
 
“So it's just a human girl!” Rin looked up. A youkai with long teeth had popped up. His arms were opened wide, as if he was going to attack right then and there. She was scared for a moment before becoming angry. She put her hands on her hips, and glared at the monster.
 
“It's Rin's birthday!” she yelled angrily.
 
The youkai looked at her strangely. “Rin? Who is--?”
 
“I was not finished!” she yelled. The youkai quickly shut its mouth. “It is I, Rin's, birthday, and you, youkai-sama, won't ruin it! Lord Sesshomaru-sama is out. So if you have a message to leave him, then tell me!” she said.
The youkai scratched its cheek, thoroughly confused. He knew of the likes of Sesshomaru, and knew he was taking a chance at attacking the little girl. “I was going to eat you...” it said, following its hunger instead of its senses.
 
Rin huffed and crossed her arms. “Sesshomaru-sama would appreciate if you didn't, or he may come and kill you! He could sniff you out any time!” she said, puffing out her body, and making herself look important. The youkai, suddenly remembering what he was really messing with, got scared, turned, and disappeared.
 
Rin giggled, as Sesshomaru and Jaken came back.
 
“What happened?” he asked.
 
“I defeated a youkai!” Rin exclaimed excitedly.
 
Sesshomaru sniffed, but only could catch a whiff of the youkai that just ran away. Rin grabbed his hand and pulled on it.
 
“Come on Sesshomaru-sama! The day isn't over yet!” She just wanted to remind him of the things she wanted to do.
 
Sesshomaru sighed, pulling Rin onto his back. Don't remind me, he thought.
 
--------
 
After a quick lunch break, they walked through a forest. Rin allowed them to take their flower hats off. Sesshomaru fed the rest to his to Ah-Un. They were walking along, when Sesshomaru could smell out a hanyou.
 
“Oh look! It's him!” Rin exclaimed pointing to Inuyasha. Inuyasha's group stopped, and Sesshomaru stopped also. They seemed to stand there forever, before Rin tugged on Sesshomaru's sleeve. “You can't attack Inuyasha!” He said. Sesshomaru sighed. Rin stepped in between them.
 
She then turned to the half-demon. “And you, Inuyasha, can't attack Sesshomaru-sama.” she said.
 
“And why should I listen to you?” Inuyasha demanded angrily.
 
“Because it's my birthday!” she exclaimed.
 
Sesshomaru gave Inuyasha such a glare, that all he could do was grunt and cross his arms.
 
Rin made sure Inuyasha wasn't going to attack, and went up to Kagome. Kagome looked at her weirdly, as she signaled for her to lean down and forward. Rin whispered something into her ear, and Kagome smiled and giggled.
 
“Inuyasha, bend down please!” Kagome said. Inuyasha looked weirdly at the two of them, and then bent over. Rin smiled, and skipped to him. Inuyasha looked her square in the face, as she lifted up her hands. Sesshomaru watched with intense eyes at the hanyou.
 
“I've always wanted to do this!” she cried.
 
Sesshomaru held in his laughter, as Rin rubbed Inuyasha's ears. After a few moments, she skipped back over yo Sesshomaru. She was tugging on his sleeve.
 
“Okay! Sesshomaru-sama! Can I get a ride?” Sesshomaru scooped her up, and put her on his back.
 
He gave Inuyasha a glance, before running past him and his group.
 
“What was that?” Inuyasha asked, facing Kagome.
 
“It's her birthday, and today Sesshomaru's letting her do whatever she wants to do!” Kagome explained. Kagome, Sango, Shippou and Miroku laughed as Inuyasha fixed his hair, and made his ears feel right again.
 
--------
 
Rin, and her little group for the day, stopped by the river again. They made a full circle that day, which made everyone tired. Rin yawned, and cuddled against Sesshomaru's fur that fell over his shoulders. She was soon asleep.
 
Sesshomaru was in control of his group again. And it felt pleasantly good. Rin couldn't tell him what to do or when to stop. She could just follow him again, and ask all the little questions that he'd never answer.
 
Usually he'd set her on Ah-Un to sleep, but since it was her birthday, or at least her birthday night, he let her sleep on his fur. Jaken slept by Ah-Un as Sesshomaru watched for any signs of youkai. So far nothing seemed bad, so he let his mind wander just a little.
 
Today wasn't so bad, Sesshomaru thought. He then scrunched up his face. But I'm never doing it again.