InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rising Sun and Setting Moon ❯ Chapter 2: The Prophecy ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Rising Sun and Setting Moon
The Prophecy
 
Nakeya walked through the forest a ways behind Sesshoumaru. Jaken was right in front of her. He kept looking at her suspiciously as if she was going to attack. She looked ahead and noticed something up ahead. It looked like a dragon with two heads. She saw a little girl come behind the beast.
 
“Lord Sesshoumaru! It's you!” the little girl said happily. Nakeya smiled at the little girl she was just too adorable! She couldn't believe she was hanging around with someone like Sesshoumaru.
 
The little girl peaked from behind and saw Nakeya and hid.
 
“This is our new servant Rin.” Sesshoumaru said.
 
“Hey I'm Neki.” Nakeya said. But Rin hid behind Sesshoumaru shaken up.
 
“Ha! She's still scared of wolves.” Jaken said.
 
“Why is she scared of them?” Nakeya asked.
 
“Oh, this one time there were these wolves led by the wolf Kouga and they had killed Rin, so she's feared them sense. Thanks to me Lord she's alive.” Jaken said.
 
“This demon will not harm you Rin.” Sesshoumaru reassured her.
 
“How does this girl find comfort with him? Every time he talks it bores me to sleep. A little girl should find a real home with at least a mother figure. The poor thing.” Nakeya thought. She walked over to the little girl and squatted down. “Hey there.” She said.
 
Rin hid behind Sesshoumaru more frightened. Nakeya sighed and stretched her hand out. “Come on I won't hurt you promise! My brother is just immature and brainless. And besides I don't eat humans.” Nakeya said.
 
Rin poked her head out a bit. She slowly moved away from Sesshoumaru and reached for Nakeya's hand. Nakeya grabbed Rin's hand and shook it. “Nice to meet you!” Nakeya said.
 
“This guy is such a weirdo…is he gay?” Jaken wondered.
 
“This boy is not much like a boy he's really kind. He wants to protect his brother.” Sesshoumaru thought. He thought of him protecting his brother Inuyasha. “Ridiculous.” He murmured and walked away.
 
Nakeya wondered what he was talking about but just stood up. She followed him in silence.
 
A few weeks later…
 
Nakeya was getting used to how Sesshoumaru was. Mostly he was quiet yet rude, disappears a lot, and he never eats. She had never actually seen him eat. She wondered if he ate while he was away.
 
Nakeya caught a lot of fish and carried them back to where Jaken and Rin were. “Is the fire ready?” Nakeya asked.
 
“Yes it's perfect for cooking!” Rin said. She had gotten used to Nakeya and actually got pretty close to her she wasn't really scared of her anymore which made Nakeya happy.
 
“Ok we'll put six on for now.” Nakeya said putting fish on some sticks and then placed them in the fire.
 
“How much will you eat? I and Rin only have one.” Jaken said.
 
“Doesn't Sesshoumaru need some?” Nakeya said.
 
Jaken laughed, “Lord Sesshoumaru doesn't need any of your assistance to eat. He can fend for himself. You just wasting you time.” Jaken laughed some more and mumbled, “Doesn't Sesshoumaru need some! Ha!”
 
Nakeya glared at Jaken and put the fish in the fire. She hated having to be laughed at, if Sesshoumaru could fend for himself why did he agree to let her become his servant? There's nothing for her to do so what was the point? Nakeya had wondered. If he didn't need assistance why bother having anyone with him? Then Nakeya thought of something, “Maybe he's lonely.” She said.
 
Jaken stopped eating his fish and looked awkwardly at Nakeya, “What the heck is he talking about, lonely?” Jaken shook his head and started to eat the fish again.
 
Nakeya grabbed her two fish and started to eat. She didn't realize how hungry she was.
 
“Nakeya…Nakeya where are you?” A woman's voice called out. “Huh? Who's there?” Nakeya replied. “It's me child, its ------ your mother.” The woman replied calmly. Nakeya saw a woman appear in front of her. She couldn't see her face there was a blinding light behind the woman. “My…mother?” Nakeya repeated she placed her hand above her eyes to block out the blinding light.. “My lovely daughter I have come to tell you something important. A prophecy.” Nakeya's mother said. “A prophecy? What kind of prophecy?” Nakeya asked. “The Sun rises as the moon sets. Both never come anywhere close together. They are far apart. Humans are taking over and many demons have died. Only when the Sun and Moon come together can peace be brought together, Yin and Yang must become one to make Humans and Demons find peace in this world. If the Sun and Moon don't come together the demons will be gone forever…” Nakeya listened closely to what she had said, what did she mean about the Sun and Moon and how could they help the demons? “But Mother that doesn't make sense.” Nakeya said. “You will understand in time my darling.” Her mother said as she started to fade away. “Wait, Mother!!!” Nakeya called but it was too late her mother had already disappeared.
 
“Neki, Neki-kun wake up!” Rin shook Nakeya trying to wake her up. Nakeya jolted up, she had a terrified expression on her face. She gasped for breath and placed her right hand on her forehead.
 
“Neki-kun are you ok?” Rin asked scared her hands clenched onto Nakeya blanket. Nakeya smiled at Rin.
 
“Nay, I am fine Rin it was just a dream is all.” She reassured Rin. Rin stared at her for another minute then smiled.
 
“What was that?” Nakeya thought. She repeated what her mother had said. “The Sun rises as the moon sets. Both never come anywhere close together. They are far apart. Humans are taking over and many demons have died. Only when the Sun and Moon come together can peace be brought together, Yin and Yang must become one to make Humans and Demons find peace in this world. If the Sun and Moon don't come together the demons will be gone forever…” What had she meant by that? Only when the Sun and Moon come together can peace be brought together. What does it mean?