InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Fire and Blood of Memories ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Four: Fire and Blood of Memories

“InuYasha that gig is tomorrow you ready?” Miroku asked him.

“Mmm” InuYasha said his mind focused elsewhere. That girl in the jeep with the blue tank top was hot. He couldn’t stop seeing her face and her soft brown eyes. He’d have to ask PinkMiko16 about talking to girls without screwing up.

“Okay you are. Bye.” Miroku said happily as he hung up. But that other girl, man she was plain evil. I feel bad for anybody that messes with her.

InuYasha pulled forward after that moron left with his truck leaving the bike parked near the office. He pulled into the space next to it and stepped out of his car. He shut the glossy red door and locked it, taking only his phone and the letter he needed. He walked towards the building that reminded him of his home. Knowing this building kept the ways of the past InuYasha took his black boots off and step through the door after sliding it open.

Inside the lobby was ornate cabinet filled with relics of ages ago. One happened to catch his attention. He walked up to a large glass case filled with weapons. Inside was a dull sword, it’s blade dented and notched. Below was the inscription: “Tetsusaiga, the steel-cleaving fang. Is thought to hold great power to the one it was made for. Brother sword is the…”InuYasha breathed sharply “Tenseiga.” his brother owned that sword! “The rightful owner shall be able to touch and wield this mighty sword. All swordsman students are permitted to touch it unless they are full demon. This sword is made not for the demon but the hanyou prince.” he felt drawn to the sword, as if it was calling his name. He turned and walked up to the front desk ignoring the beckoning call of the sword.

“Name?” inquired the receptionist.

“Takahashi InuYasha.” he replied handing her the letter his brother gave him. She took it with a smile and opened the sealed envelope. He watched her face go from bored to fascination. With her mouth wide she looked at him.

“Your brother’s the one who holds the fabled Tenseiga? And he says here that the Tetsusaiga is rightfully yours having come from your fathers fang. Too bad I’m not allowed to let students touch it while they haven’t passed the first exam.” she said as she flipped through a book and wrote down something on a separate piece of paper. “Here Takahashi-san.” she handed him the paper. He nodded and grabbed a map from the pile on the desk and sat on one of the floor mats. He looked at the clear writing and read to himself “1ST period: Drills with sword. 2nd period History. Break. 3rd period music. 4th free time in forest.” he smiled and kept reading “Lunch. 5th period sword practice. 6th period physical training with weapons not of choice.” Good classes.

“Hmm room 11 is right around the corner from the History building and next to the forest. Training grounds are here and here is the main courtyard in which the Demons shall perform.” he slipped pass the girls from the jeep, brushing up against the hot girl and almost jumped for joy when he smelt her scent spike. She liked him! Now to talk to PinkMiko16. He shoved his boots on and sprinted to his car and hopped inside after unlocking it and opening the door. Slamming the door he started the loud engine and drove to the point on the map for the Kurumi building. He was on the third floor, room 11 and facing the forest. As soon as he got there he parked and got out of his car he then walked into the building carrying two of his bags. He walked up to a man dressed in red and gold who was standing behind a desk and asked him “Do you work here?”

“Yes, I am assigned to give this buildings keys to the students that arrive. I am also the boss of this building. Name?” the man said as he pulled a clipboard out of somewhere.

“Takahashi InuYasha.” he answered fixing his hat.

“Hmm, half Inu-Yokai, half human, parents deceased as of last year. Lives with brother.” the man, said pulling his finger down a chart, InuYasha winced at the parent part. He had almost died.

InuYasha save yourself! There is nothing you can do for her son! You must run!” his father’s gruff voice came to him as he staggered blindly through the smoke looking for his mother’s body. Ahead through the dense smoke he saw a great flash as his father’s sword cut through one of the attackers. As he stumbled over something he saw his father being run through with a sword by a figure masked by smoke.

“Father! No!” InuYasha screamed as he pushed himself off the thing that tripped him and stumbled back when he saw his mother’s lifeless face staring back at him. InuYasha shook the paralyzing feel that had taken him and ran towards his father not feeling the sword that bit deep into his back causing him to fall near the body of his beloved father in their summer sea house. He smelt acid and smoke but the smell he would recall would be the scent of blood and the burning flesh of his parents

“Sir are you okay?” he man said waving a hand in front of InuYasha’s face.

“Yeah fine just don’t mention their death. I still have therapy.” he rubbed his eyes just then realizing that he had been crying.

“Here is the key to your room and the instructions on maintaining it. I apologize for the tirade I gave you.” the man looked and smelt sorry as he handed him the envelope containing the key and instructions.

He nodded and turned the corner heading for the stairs ignoring the elevator. He leaped up them 3 at a time till he reached the third floor. He walked down the corridor reading the numbers on the doors. He stopped at number 11 and ripped the paper open and took the key out unlocking the door of the room. He stepped through the doorway pausing only to shut the door. The room was like a mini apartment. The living room was furnished with rustic furniture and had tapestries of woodland animals. The flooring was a hardwood of different colors dyed to match the décor. He inhaled the smell and to his pleasure it had a pine scent. He walked into the connecting kitchen and saw it stocked with food. The cabinets were filled with great tasting food; he pulled a box out and barked with joy when he saw all the ramen in it. He shoved the box back and headed towards one of the three doors in the small hall leading off the kitchen. The first door was of a bathroom. The second was of a bedroom with no window and the last was of a bedroom facing the forest. The wide windows gave perfect view of the trees. He tossed the two bags he was carrying on to the floor and sat in one of the chairs by the window.

He pulled the rest of the contents of the envelope out and read them aloud “Keep the space clean, write a list of food you would like to have or need and attach it to the fridge, leave your dirty clothes in the bag marked 11 near the outer door. Lights out are at 10 on weekdays and 12 on weekends. Other people are allowed to stay in the room for a week and then have to leave for a week only visiting the inhabitants of this room.” he then turned the page and saw an example of the list for food. He stood and put it on the desk by the door.

He reached for the bag containing his laptop and opened it turning it on and signing online sending PinkMiko16 a message via e-mail.