InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Encounter ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Twelve: Encounter

InuYasha strode out to Miroku’s black Mazda MX-5 Miata. The sleek sports car sat in a parking stall alone, under a carport. The Miata was Miroku’s favorite thing. He often slept in the driver’s seat. He had told InuYasha once that no woman could compete with this car. InuYasha chuckled for the first time that night. He stepped to the car swinging the keys in his hand. He stiffened as he recognized a scent. His heartbeat quickened as a slim figure came around the car. She looked at the sleek body and seemed to sigh. InuYasha was suddenly plagued with memories.

He opened his eyes and panicked. He was blind! Then he blinked and felt a hand over his eyes. He heard a female voice say, “Miroku, Sango can you get me a bowl of water and some petals off the roses in the kitchen?” he heard the door open then close. InuYasha tried to sit up again. “No lie down, I have to heal your mind. It’s only temporary but will halt some of those bad memories from your mind.” InuYasha sniffed and remembered he was human now.

“Who are you?” his voice more shaky then he wanted it.

“Shh, don’t talk. My names Kagome. You know me as PinkMiko16. I ran into you in the parking lot. Sango yelled at you. Please remember good things now I need to banish these thoughts and I can get into your head when you sleep. That’s how I healed you.” Kagome removed her hands from his face. “ Only a little while though, I have to close the entrance to your soul while you drink the water. The rose petals I stick in your mouth after. The water will taste foul as it washes away the bad memories.” InuYasha listened to her and nodded his head. He looked up at her, his online friend and the girl he liked.

InuYasha looked at the girl and softly said her name; “Kagome.” the girl lifted her head and looked into the car. “Hey you!” InuYasha yelled gruffly.

The girl jumped, startled, her scent went from calm to fear to lust. He smiled. “What? Looking never hurt a car!” she yelled at him her hands on her hips.

“Hey calm down. I want to thank you for knocking me out, sticking flowers in my mouth and banishing my memories.” he said walking closer.

Her eyes narrowed and InuYasha staggerd backwards as a he felt pure anger within his mind. “Miroku told you? I am so going to kill him,” she said through clenched teeth.

“No he didn’t I remembered. Why don’t you want me to remember?” InuYasha asked as he came to the side of the car. He sat his hand on the trunk after disabling the alarm.

“I was going to find you and Miroku called saying you were coming down here to get your guitar. I figured that I could take the barrier down.” she said her scent clear from lying. He felt that she was hiding something though. She looked at her feet.

Beneath his hat his ears twitched beneath his hat and caught the nearly inaudible sound. “Plus if I didn’t you would become sicker.”

“That’s why I was sick?” he asked her.

“Yes, I had hoped that it wouldn’t happen but I guess it did. I don‘t know why though,” she said looking straight into his eyes. He was dumbfounded, many people would freak that he would be able to hear that.

“Hey, what do you mean that wasn‘t supposed to happen?” InuYasha asked her. The girl wrung her hands as she looked up at the fuming hanyou.

“I really don’t know but I have to fix it. Sorry” She sighed and he suddenly felt she was going to do something to him. He felt a stab of pain in the center of his head. He looked at her holding her hands together, two fingers pointing at him and passed out.

InuYasha sat up rubbing the back of his head. He was lying on the pavement with the girl next to him. “You! What did you do?” he growled. He glared at her. She looked at him apologetically. He felt the fabric of his hat on his head and growled in relief.

“I fixed the memory bridge,” she said as he stood. She smelt hurt and InuYasha felt really badly all of a sudden. ‘ I shouldn’t feel this way.’

“You could have warned me! Oi wench you trying to give me a concussion or something?” he growled as he went to the Miata and popped the trunk. He pulled his guitar out and turned smelling salt. Kagome had stood and was running towards the blue jeep parked next to his car.

“Damn!” he said as he fingered the keys to Miroku’s car. He shut the trunk replacing his guitar in it. He looked at the Mustang and at the keys he held. He fingered the one to the Mustang and sprinted using his demonic speed. He was in the car just as Kagome pulled out of the parking lot and into the school’s private two-lane road. The engine revved to life as Kagome speed toward the main buildings. InuYasha backed the Mustang out and sharply turned the car out onto the street. As the blue jeep came steadily closer InuYasha grinned.