InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Hide and Seek: Potential Harm ( Chapter 26 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 26: Hide and Seek: Potential Harm

“Focus on the target Miss Higurashi. One of these stray arrows may hit on of the swordsmen students.” Master Kai told the young girl. In fact Kagome very much wanted to hit a certain boy who had been avoiding her lately. After the phone call yesterday InuYasha had asked her and Sango to leave. During history InuYasha had ignored her to a point where she had left the class in tears.

**Flashback**

“InuYasha what’s wrong?” Kagome asked him. The silver haired teen was ignoring her and stared at the blank whiteboard. Since last night he had been unusually quiet, using none of his gruff terms or usual attitude. Her, Sango and Miroku began to worry about him. Sango looked at her friend’s worried face as she asked once again, “InuYasha will you please talk to me?”

“Just shut up!” he turned toward her and growled. Kagome shrunk back in her seat, tears welling in her eyes. She raised her hand and shakily asked to be excused to the restroom. The teacher witnessing the outburst complied. As she left the class in tears she heard Sango and Miroku telling him off.

**End of Flashback**

“The target is over here, not over there in that field, Miss Higurashi,” the instructor told her. She looked at the archery teacher and nodded. Mistress Kaede had put her in a special archery class after she showed her ability to focus her miko powers. She unfortunately was the only student in his advanced class. Too bad InuYasha was forced to take additional swords training, now InuYasha and her were on the field at the same time.

“Sorry, I’ll try harder.” she shot four arrows as she said this each hitting the direct center of the bullseye.

“So you can shoot.” the master tiredly said. Kagome smiled.

As she shot five more arrows around the four she shot earlier the elderly teacher of the Swords Skill class, Master Totosai approached Master Kai. “I have an arrogant student who thinks since he bested me he can take on anything. Do you think I can borrow your student to prove him wrong?”

“If she wants to.” Master Kai said as he looked at the star Kagome had just finished by filling it in with more arrows. “Kagome would you like to target a moving person?” he asked her.

“who would this target be?” she asked taking a wild guess that it must be the one and only..

“Mr. Takahashi.” Kagome mentally jumped up and down at her guess.

“Okay.” she simply said.

Master Totosai nodded and walked away, Kagome trailing behind him. InuYasha was leaning against a tree and looked completely bored. “Okay I know his hearing can’t reach this far and I want you to shoot and arrow between his ears.” he whispered to her. Kagome smiled and aimed her bow at InuYasha who was watching two teens spar. Kagome focused her power into the arrow and shot it at InuYasha. A second later the arrow was holding a few strands of hair from a very pissed off hanyou. It had hit it’s mark right between his ears. A small black hole formed after impact from the amount of power Kagome used. Kagome willed herself to be masked from InuYasha’s sight and smell. The hanyou glared at his teacher not knowing it was Kagome who shot the arrow.

“He can’t see, smell or hear me so don’t say I’m here.” she whispered as InuYasha angrily stalked up to his teacher.

“What’s the big idea?” InuYasha growled at him. Kagome backed up and shot another arrow at InuYasha’s foot. She smiled as the hanyou jumped and looked around for the archer who shot the arrow.

“Here’s you test for today, block the arrows.” Master Totosai simply said as he went to the tree and sat down beneath it’s shade. InuYasha turned to go after him when another arrow shot through his baggy pants and burned a hole in them as it landed on the other side of him. He whipped his practice sword out and looked for the source of the arrows.

“Quit hiding!” he growled as another arrow flew between his legs too close for comfort. Kagome giggled as he touched the arrow and jumped back when it burned him.

“So you’re a priest or a miko huh?” InuYasha said as he circled the girl’s invisible form. She shot four arrows one after the other and successfully got them between his fingers that held the sword. He yelped and dropped the sword to inspect his uninjured hand. He glared at his invisible foe then clawed his arm, drawing blood. Kagome wondered what he was doing and glanced at the teacher whom had fallen asleep.

Kagome shot another arrow at him and it caught in the fabric of his pants. He growled then stuck his claws in his blood and smiled savagely. He clawed the air in front of him.

“BLADES OF BLOOD!” Kagome screamed as the attack came for her and refocused her miko powers from the illusion to a shield. She heard InuYasha gasp as his attack hit her shield. Shaking she lowered her shield and blacked out after exerting so much power to stop his attack.