InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ruined ❯ 6 years later... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Chapter 2: 6 Years Later
 
BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! SMASH!!! Kagome groaned as she woke up from one of the most peaceful night sleeps she has had in months. “Damn you, clock. You win this round.” She rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, but her plans were thwarted by her little brother, Souta, when he came in her room and started jumping on her bed. “Wake up, Kags! You don't want to be late on your first day back to school and miss all your boyfriends, do you?” At that, she sat up and pushed him off the bed. He landed on his back and was getting up. “Ouch! What was that for?” She gave him a death glare and it was extra scary since she had dark circles around her eyes. “I'm just gonna go now…” She growled and he ran out as fast as he could. “I guess I have no choice but to get up now, because if I don't, the next person to come up here is Mama.” As if on cue, her mother appeared in the doorway. “Get up Kagome. I'm making your favorites for breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, and blueberry pancakes! You had better hurry or Souta will eat everything. You know those are his favorites too.” Kagome hopped out of bed and was rummaging through her closet in no time. “All she needed was a little inspiration.” Mrs. Higurashi chuckled as she left her daughter to prepare for the morning ahead.
 
In half an hour, Kagome was downstairs and ready for school. She was wearing a red tank top with the word Angel written across the front, her favorite black jacket with no hood and a heart shaped zipper, and black capris. “Where my pancakes?” Before anyone could answer, she at the table scarfing down her breakfast. Her mother shook her head, “Aren't you going to speak to your grandfather?” She looked up from her plate and said, “Good Morning Ojiisan!” She went back to stuffing her face. “Man, Kagome! Do you ever breathe?” “After living with you for so long, I don't have to.” Mrs. Higurashi came out of the kitchen. “Time for you to go, Kagome! Sango is already waiting for you outside.” “Bye family! See you later!” She grabbed her bag and ran out of the house.
Sango was indeed out front in her green Ford pick-up truck. She let down her window and yelled out to Kagome, “C'mon! Get your butt in the car so we can go!” “I thought Suki was gonna pick me up.” “She was, but she hadn't finished getting ready when I called.” “Ok then. Off to place that we call school!”
 
At the place that they call, school…
 
Kagome skimmed through her and Sango's schedules to see which ones they had together. “Algebra 1, check. Gym, check. Advanced Science and Literature, check and check. Lunch, my favorite subject, check.” “Is that all?” “Yep.” “Alright. Let's get to class early today!” “We can't until Suki gets here!” “Well let's see if she's here already.” They strolled down the hall looking for their friend when they heard mocking catcalls and muffled laughter. And whom else do they see walking down the hall, other than Suki. Now they knew what was so funny. She was wearing a pink uniform skirt, a black blouse, a pink vest with tiny yellow flowers all over it, and black flats. Her silvery hair (with bang tips and tips of mane black) was pulled into a high ponytail, like Sango's. And to top it all off, she was wearing pink, thick rimmed glasses. They, too, joined in the laughter. “Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up. I look a smart person. Ha-ha.” Sango stopped laughing long enough to ask, “Why are you wearing that?” “You know how last year, I dressed in clothes that attracted guys attention? Well this year, I am not going to do that this year. I need to focus on my studies so that I won't nearly flunk again this year.” In her mind, it was a good reason. “Well good for you, soon-to-be suck up Suki!” “Shut up, Kagome.”
 
“We need to get to class, now!” “But we don't know Suki's schedule!” “I have all your classes except for advanced science.” Sango was tired of saying it, so she dragged both of them to class. They got to class and Sango let go of their collars. “OUCH! Sango, you were choking me to death,” Kagome complained. “Too dang bad.” Suki, still rubbing her neck asked, “Why are you so anxious to get to class early anyway?” “No reason.” “Good Morning, Sango my dear!” came a voice from the doorway. She groaned and covered her face while we laughed aloud, for Miroku was finally here. He put his arm around Sango and asked, “Have you missed me my sweet?” Before she could get out a rude remark, Suki cut in, “Of course she has Miroku! As a matter of fact, we were just talking about you!” “Really? You were talking about me to your, Sango?” “Your name wasn't really mentioned, but it was implied.” “So you finally want to take me up on that date offer?” “No.” “But Sango…” “Aren't you going to speak to my friends that I mentioned you to, Miroku?” “Ah, yes. Good morning Kagome,” he looked her up and down, “You look lovely today. And Suki, you look,” he just now noticed what she was wearing, “What the heck are you wearing?” “Clothes that won't attract guys' attention. I am going to focus on my school work this year!” “Riiiiiight…. So Sango, may I see your schedule.” “No.” Kagome took out her own schedule and handed it to him, “Sango and I have all the same classes, so you can see mine.” He compared their classes. “We don't have two classes together, Sango. I'll miss you during that time,” he grabbed her hands into his own, “So to make up for the time that we are apart, will you do the honor of bearing my children?” She hit over the top of the head and said, “No! Damned pervert!”
 
“Still asking that dumbass question isn't you, Miroku?” Inuyasha had been watching the little exchange from the doorway and finally decided to join in. Kagome lost the color in her face. “Can I see your schedule, Inuyasha?” “Sure.” He handed it to her and she got paler, if that is even possible. Sango turned her attention from Miroku and asked, “What's wrong with you Kags? You look like you've seen a ghost.” “Inuyasha and I have all the same classes,” she whispered. “And that's a problem because?” “His father is the police office that took up my case six years ago, and is still on it. Inuyasha is his son. They are always pestering me, and trying to get me to talk about it more when I have already told them everything I know! Now, that same person is still raping young girls and they will continue to bother me about it until he either is caught or dies. I can't put up with this until then!” “And now that you two are in all the same classes-” “Yes, it gets worse.” “Poor you!” “I know,” she sighed, “This is going to be a long year.”