InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Runaway ❯ Sick and Lost ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, I know, I know... I haven’t updated in forever...I’m really sorry I’ve been busy and I’ve been doing things in school and I have also been busy with a fanfiction contest for a Bankotsu and Jakotsu page. This fic has been neglected ><

Another reason why is because this fic doesn’t have very many reviews compared to things like Raiden no Ai (237 reviews) and Hidden Affections (140 reviews).

Well, I hope you enjoy what I have written so far, and this chapter too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Runaway

Chapter 5: Sick and Lost

The morning sun came and splashed a life-giving drop on Kagome’s pale flesh. She shifted slightly and tiredly opened one eyes. She had slept terribly and the leaves and sticks on the ground were not like the comforts of her bed back in the modern ages.

Her back ached and she was still hazy from sleep. The black haired girl rose up and stretched her back. She let out a yawn and rubbed her tired eyes.

“Ohhh....” She groaned as leaned up against the old tree trunk, trying to adjust her eyes.

As Kagome lay there, she listed to the sounds around her. The School girl could hear the twitter of birds in the trees. she could see the bright sun as it shone down upon the forest floor. A few birds flew through the trees and some small animals ran across the floor.

Kagome coughed a bit. She felt so cold even though the sun was shining and her clothes went from wet to damp.

“Ugh...” She moaned. “I think I got sick.”

Her voice was weak and barely audible. She wished that she had stayed with Inuyasha, or at least that she had went back home. She wouldn’t have been sick or tired or wet.

Kagome began walking through the woods aimlessly. All she wanted to do was go to sleep and she felt almost zombie-ish.

Meanwhile.....

Shippou and Miroku had been walking through the woods the majority of the night looking for their comrade.

“Inuyasha’s really done it this time...” Shippou said. “I don’t think Kagome’s ever coming back.”

Miroku sighed, slightly tired from being awake most of the night.

Suddenly, something rushed past them as Miroku was resting his tired eyes. The red blur knocked him over, but the monk didn’t seem to care. He could fall asleep at that instant on the ground.

“Did you see that Miroku!?” The young kitsune asked. “Inuyasha’s finally helping us.”

“Good...I need some rest.” Miroku said, curling up on the ground.

“Hey Monk!!” Inuyasha yelled. “Get your ass up and help me look for Kagome!!”

Miroku sighed. “I can never get a good day’s rest.”

“He’s right you know,” Shippou added, actually agreeing with Inuyasha. “ Something might have happened to Kagome which is why she didn’t come back.”

Miroku tiredly arose slowly following Shippou, looking a bit lethargic. He tiredly trudged along after the inu-hanyou and the kitsune youkai.

Inuyasha ran through the forest at top speed, covering the area for any sign of the girl with the green fuku. He feared the worst and questioned his own actions. Should he have really waited so long to come and find her? what if she were attacked by a youkai? Or worse....What if she were attacked by Naraku?

This worried Inuyasha. He knew that if Naraku had possession of Kagome, he could find the jewel shards in no time. This was bad indeed.

Inuyasha sped up his pace as he ran through the woods. He had to find Kagome, no matter what.

Shippou and the tired Miroku made their way through the woods.

“Come on!! Come on!! Hurry up Miroku!!” Shippou jumped up and down. “Move your lazy butt!!”

“You slept last night Shippou, I didn’t...” Miroku said with a yawn.

“Fine then, I’m going ahead!” Shippou ran ahead of the tired monk.

Shippou ran ahead, calling Kagome’s name, hoping nothing bad had happened to his friend.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Kagome leaned into a tree trunk. Her breath was short, though she had only been walking and she gave out a few short coughs. The school girl moaned in pain and held her chest. She had been coughing so much that it hurt.

“I...Inu...yasha...” She trailed. “I have to find Inuyasha....”

She turned around to start walking back. She didn’t know if she was going the right way, but she hoped that she was.

As she walked slowly, she tripped over a fallen tree branch that lay in her way. She slowly got up and began to walk again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

& #8220;Kagome!!”

“Kagome!!”

Shippou’s voice rang throughout the woods. The small kitsune moved the branches of a large bush.

“Kagome, you in there? “ He asked. “Guess not...”

“Oh...” he sighed. “I’m never going to find her. I hope Inuyasha has better luck..”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The red blur sped through the woods, jumping gracefully from trees, large rocks and other things. His face held a stern look of determination.

** Kagome...Please be safe...** He thought to himself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*

 

Kagome fell in a pile of leaves. She was tired and sick and she had no strength to go on. She lay there, almost perfectly still among the rustling leaves and the gentle breeze. The sun shone down on her, drying her clothes and warming her still cold body.

As she slept, she heard a crackling of breath, she opened her eyes and a large Ostrich-type youkai had been staring at her.

 

Kagome let out a scream that echoed throughout the woods.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha heard the scream.

“Hm!?!” His eyes widened and his face turned to one of concern and shock.

“KAGOME!!” He ran as fast as he could.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!”

̶ 0;Huh!? Kagome!!” Shippou screamed.

“Lady Kagome!” Miroku’s haze of sleep seemed to blow over relatively fast after hearing the horrid cry of his friend in danger.

Miroku and Shippou ran after the cry, hoping that they could get there in time to save their friend.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, that’s all for now. I know, I know it was a cliffie, but what can I say? I’m good at these, aren’t I? Well, enjoy it , or what I have so far. I know I’m slow on updates, but I’m getting around to it, hopefully, as this gets more reviews it raises the update time. So far this fic is 5th on the updates list. Review and make it become more popular!! ^_^