InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Safe in the Night ❯ Daddy's Angel ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tenshi's Spot: Acronym is a cool word but when I see I think of acorns. Was I a squirrel in my past life or something? Funny thing about acronym is it's suppose to mean an abbreviation for a long word, buy the acronym is long in itself. They should have an acronym for acronym. I'm just rambling to irritate you, is it working? Kidding here, kidding. This has got to be the shortest prologue I've ever written, but so what I like it. I tried to stretch it out but that didn't go as well, so just revel in its shortness. It just means less pain for you to endure. I am so considerate. So, the usual reviewing should ensue after this. At least that's what I hear happens to stories, but I have yet to see it happen to any of mine. I kid, I kid!

Disclaimer: Gee, you just had wreck my good mood, huh? <What good mood?> Good point there.

_______________________________________________________________ _________

When I was little I use to sleepwalk. It's not that common no matter how often you may have heard about it, but I wasn't a common child. I would get out of bed, leave the dozing shrine, my ancient home, and then I was lost to the night. I would often awaken to the sounds of grasshoppers and nighttime creatures in the summer, but in the winter it was the biting, freezing wind and the seeping of cold frost on my bare feet.

The first time I sleepwalked, I walked all the way to my grandpa's house. How I manage to cross through the busy traffic unscathed, I'll never know. When Grandfather found me on his doorstep mindlessly knocking on the door, he thought I was possessed by a demon of some kind. I guess with old age he'd gone senile, how sad. I awoke to him throwing swept up dust at me and chanting useless spells. I slept with him and grandmom that night and got to have her delicious homemade breakfast in the morning. Even now, that fond memory never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Most of the time I would wakeup before returning back home. Even though I was small and defenseless wandering aimlessly in my sleep through a fairly bustling city, I was never afraid. I was never afraid because my father was always there.

My dad's a light sleeper so when he hears the slamming of my shoji door and the banging of the shrine's front door, he just follows me like a shadow. He heard that it is dangerous to wakeup a sleepwalker. I don't know if that is true or not but even so, my dad never once woke me up but only walked quietly beside me, steering me away from trouble.

I would often come to and see him just standing there. I never felt scared nor did I cry not even in the beginning when all this mess first started. Like I said before, I wasn't a common child.

I would look up to his face that would be staring down at me as if he knew something that nobody else did ( I could just about pass as him if I wasn't, you know- so young and a girl and all). I would glance around my surroundings confused as to how and why I got here and then I would tilt my head back to look him in the eye (my was he ever tall or maybe I was just short) expecting him to have the answer, because he was my daddy and daddies know everything. He would just smile down at me and pick me up to head on home.

"You're okay angel," he would say to me with a voice so soothing that it never failed to lull me back to sleep before we reach home, "you were just traveling."

_______________________________________________________________ ________

Tenshi's Spot: Okay I have my battle armor on so hit me with your worst! <silence- the crickets are on union strike> Okay so just drop me a bloody review, I'm begging you! I clearly bring shame to this samurai suit, but it just looked so scrumptious on Tom Cruise who by the way had to gain about 20 pounds to support it all. Now that's dedication. But really…the emperor was more of my type. I have this thing for guys with head hair and lots of it. I like Yura of the Hair but less demonic. What, you guys thought I was going to act all serious and stuff? You have got to be kidding me! But I congratulate myself for finishing this and my poem and less than a day. Maybe this not procrastinating is working in my favor. From now on I'll procrastinate about procrastinating. Wait, that is procrastinating which is bad, right? Okay, so I won't procrastinate about procrastinating, but that just brings me back to square one. All well being diligent is so overrated. The valley girl in me feels like I should put a like somewhere in the previous statement. Okay, so review yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm out some lovely scalped hair is just waiting for me to come and take out all the icky knots. After that I'll keel over from stupidity, so just send your condolences via review.