InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura Blossoms and Kisses ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gwg: Well, I thought about it for awhile, and I went through my cd's and found an old song of Travis Tritt's called Foolish Pride and it reminded me of the story so far, and what would be happening in this story. I could just put Sesshomaru and Inuyasha in the place of the people that were in the song. But anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter, I don't own Inuyasha, only Lord Houtai, and if you can, listen to the song by Travis Tritt.

As in the ashes passion slowly dies, and this romance goes down to foolish pride- Travis Tritt: Foolish Pride

Sakura Blossoms and Kisses: Chapter 6

Lord Houtai could see it, he didn't know how, but he could see the problem between the two brothers. Both were raised to be proud like their father, that's the only thing that could explain why neither of them had apologized yet. No matter what Inuyasha said, he knew the truth, and he let Inuyasha know it too.

"Were in the hell do ya get that I'm proud?!" Inuyasha exclaimed, stareing at Houtai like he'd grown another head. "Inuyasha, your father raised you and Sesshomaru up to be just as proud as he was, you can't deny it." "Sure as hell I can, I ain't proud, Sesshomaru might be, but I'm not." This time, a sigh followed the hanyou's outburst.

"You're just kidding yourself. Well, I'll leave you alone to think about it, dinner will be ready soon." And with that, Houtai walked out of the guest room, leaving Inuyasha alone with his thoughts. Looking around the room, trying to get his mind off of the Lord's words, Inuyasha noticed that the bed was done in crimson red and navy blue silk. The room had a few pictures in it, mostly of fairy tales or past lords.

A dresser was against the wall away from the door, and Inuyasha could only imagine what was in it. Walking across the room, he opened the closet to see that it held many fine haoris and hakamas, as well as kimonos. 'He sure has the money to spend...' The hanyou thought to himself as he sighed, closing the door and walking over to the bed. 'I think, I'll just lay here for alittle while....' With a yawn, he curled up on the bed, soon falling into needed sleep.

Western Lands, Lord Sesshomaru's Castle

A sigh, followed by an angered growl. "Sesshomaru! Stop being an asshole!" Kagome yelled at him, her fists clenching as she glared at the taiyoukai. Glareing back, Sesshomaru stood his ground against the miko who had invaded his room and personal space. "If you would just listen to me for a few minutes!" She knew that she was getting nowhere by yelling at him, but what else would get his attention.

Turning away from Kagome and walking across the room, Sesshomaru made it to his window before he looked back at her, one word escaping his lips, "Speak." Another sigh, followed by a smile and Kagome looking up at him with kind eyes. "Sesshomaru...I know about you and Inuyasha...and even though I have no clue what happened between you two back then..I want to know..why won't you apologize to him?"

Something sparked in Sesshomaru's eyes before he turned away, his eyes directed to the window where he looked out at the land scape. "Why should I apologize for something that I did not do?" He asked, still looking out the window as he mumbled, "And anyways..I don't know where he is..." "Sesshomaru...I know that most people don't think you have a heart, but you do..prove them wrong and use it. Where would Inuyasha go?"

At Kagome's words, it hit Sesshomaru and he knew that she was right. 'My brother picks good friends..' He thought to himself as he thought about locations for his brother to run to. 'Hm...Lord Inyousu and Lady Neeya would gladly welcome him...but they live to far to the east...Lady Inoue and Lord Mikasko like him, but they would never let him in their home..so that leaves only one Lord that would take him in...' "Lord Houtai." "Huh?" Kagome looked over at Sesshomaru, confused.

"The only place that Inuyasha would feel truly welcome would be with Lord Houtai, he was our father's best friend and he has two half breed sons who are grown. The eldest is Lord Kaiser and the other one is Lord Tsunamu. Both of them have always been kinda to Inuyasha, but Kaiser has always been jealous of Tsunamu and Inuyasha.." His voice was thoughtful as he turned his gaze back to Kagome.

She nodded as she started out of his room. "Then if you know where he is you have no reason not to go apologize." And with that she shut the door, leaving the demon lord to his thoughts.

With Sango and Miroku

Sango looked up at the stars above as she sat down on a bench in the garden. The flowers and the moon always had a relaxing effect on her, but only one person could really make her relax..."Hello Lady Sango, I did not expect to find you out here." Looking up, her eyes met the soft blue eyes of Miroku. "Hello Miroku, what are you doing out here so late?" She asked as he sat down beside her, looking up at the stars.

"I was going to take a walk in the garden, but I would much rather talk with you." At this she blushed, looking over at him to see the smile on his face. "You seem confident." Sango stated as she looked up at the stars, never taking notice of what he was doing. Before she could do anything, Miroku was sitting right beside her with his arm drapped around her shoulder. "I only seem confident because I am confident."

This time they both blushed, looking into eachother's eyes, they started to lean towards eachother..."Sango! Miroku! Sesshomaru would like-" Shippou stopped as he noticed what position they were in, both of them blushing. "Uh..I'll leave you two alone...later!" And with that the kitsune pup ran off back into the castle. Miroku sighed as he pulled away and stood up, holding out his hand for Sango.

She thanked him as she took his hand and he pulled her up. "Well, it seems that we are needed." And with that they started inside, Miroku still holding her hand.

------------

Gwg: I hope you guys liked the kinda fluff with Sango and Miroku, since they really haven't been in the fic...well...I wonder if Sesshy will ever apologize to Inu, or if Inu will ever apologize to Sesshy? Hm...I could always make Sesshomaru have an affair with Kagome....something to think about...anyways, sorry for the late update and I'll try to add the next chapter soon!