InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura Blossoms and Kisses ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gwg: I'm back again, sorry for taking so long but I got another idea for another story and my mom wouldn't let me on the internet because she said that I stayed on it too long...Yeah right, lol! Well anyways, here's the next chapter and I just want to thank all of my reviewers and my readers! Oh, and somebody brought up that this story is a lot like one of KohakuTenshi's stories and so I went to his bio and looked it up, it's called 'Just one little kiss?' I think...I have read that story, but it was after I posted this one..but it is a good story to read...and without further ado, here is the story!

It's kind of crazy to cause such pain, Our foolish pride makes us hate this way- Blessed Union of Souls: Brother My Brother

Sakura Blossoms and Kisses: Chapter 7

Sango and Miroku made their way into the castle and towards Sesshomaru's study down the first hall. They'd heard about the fight that Inuyasha and Sesshomaru had, but they really didn't know the details at all, just that Inuyasha had left in anger and still hadn't returned, which meant that neither of them had apologized yet.

Slowly opening the door, they walked in and over to where Sesshomaru was waiting for them, standing by the window and looking out over the forest. "What is it that you need, Sesshomaru-sama?" Miroku asked as she stood beside Sango, stareing at the umoving taiyoukai. Amber eyes turned to face the couple for a moment before he turned back to look at the forest that surrounded his castle.

"Take a seat, and I will explain." His voice sounded distance, more so than usual, but both complied and sat down on a couch that was facing his desk. "I guess that I should start from the beginning?" It wasn't really a question, but Miroku and Sango nodded anyways, knowing that he would start from the beginning anyways.

"It all started the day that my mother died and my father took a human for a mate..."

Many Years Ago in the Western Lands

A young Sesshomaru chased a yellow butterfly around the grounds of the castle, an unsual sound coming from him, laughter. This was to be the heir to the Western Lands after his father died, which wouldn't be till many years later. Another, demon, a female Inu demon walked up to the boy, smiling as she watched him run around the grounds and towards the garden, still chasing the yellow butterfly.

Finally giving up on catching the butterfly, Sesshomaru made his way over to his mother, sitting down in her lap as she rocked him and sung him a song until he fell asleep.

A Few Years Later

An older Sesshomaru now glared at his father who had a human holding on to his left arm. Before Sesshomaru could even ask, he saw the glint in his father's eyes, and he knew...his father had mated with this human wench, but as to confirm his thought his father nodded before he walked straight past him, only saying four words, "Her name is Izayoi."

He was angered and hurt to no end that his father would choose a mate, a human one at that, so soon after his mother's death. Had she meant nothing to him? Had he only mated her for an heir, for him? Without so much as a second thought, Sesshomaru took off running, only knowing one place to go that he would be comforted by the scent, the Sakura Tree grove.

The Day Of Inuyasha's Birth

Sesshomaru stood patiently outside of his father's chambers, waiting for the wail of his little brother or sister. Even though he still hadn't forgiven his father and he certainly didn't like his father's mate, he was quite interested in having someone else around besides the servants and of course the Lord and Lady.

Suddenly, a loud wail filled his ears, telling him that his new sibiling was well and alive..and very, very loud. After a few moments, the wailing stopped and the huge oak doors to his father's chambers opened, allowing him entrance. Amber eyes looked at the family that set on the bed, his father sat at the head, holding his human mate while the baby laid wrapped in a blanket in her arms.

Slowly making his way over to them, he looked down at the baby in silent awe. Two small dog ears instead of human ears, a white tuft of hair, and two amber eyes were all that was visable from the blanket. Sesshomaru couldn't help but smile as he lightly touched the boy's cheek with his claw, making him make a sound between a bark and a laugh.

Izayoi smiled as she looked up at the serene prince's face. "His name is Inuyasha." Sesshomaru nodded, turning the name over in his mind before he spoke it with his calm and silky voice, "Inuyasha." The meaning of the name quickly popped into his head, 'Dog Demon..' And Sesshomaru knew that it would be a great name someday.

-------

Gwg: Sorry to cut it off here, but I know you guys wanted another chapter out and so here it is..but it might take me awhile on Faye's Diary since I have run dry of ideas...and I really do need them, but anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter! Ja ne! Oh, and once again, thanks to all of my wonderful reviewers!