InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Same Old Tricks ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone! This is my fanfic, so please review! It takes place right after Chapter 464, when Kikyou dies. Just to let you know. Heh...
This fic is rated PG-13, it might change or it won't. It just depends what happeneds later in the story.
Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Same Old Tricks
Prologue
The sun was setting in the west. It was the kind of sunset that was the color of blood...a crimson sunset.
Naraku, the evil half-demon that caused all the miseries of Inuyasha and the others, sat in the castle that he had recently retreated too. Fifty years ago he had tricked Inuyasha and Kikyou into betraying one another in order to make the Shikon no Tama, the jewel of four souls, more tainted with evil. He believed it would make it more beautiful, but his plans were foiled. Kikyou, who was protecting and purifying the jewel, wanted the Shikon no Tama to remain dormant. She died, taking the Shikon no Tama with her on her funeral pyre. Inuyasha, who Kikyou thought betrayed her, was sealed to the sacred tree. He stayed there for fifty years; also thinking Kikyou betrayed him as well.
Fifty years later Kagome, the young maiden from the future, freed Inuyasha from his fifty year slumber. Later they would discover that she was the re-incarnation of the priestess Kikyou. A demon attempted to steal the jewel, but from Kagome's acute aim the jewel was shattered into thousands of tiny shards and scattered all over the world. Naraku had managed to get most of the shards and put them together. Now there was only one shard left...Kohaku's shard in his back. It was the only thing that was keeping him in this world. If it were to be removed he die instantly.
Naraku, holding the tainted jewel fragment in his hand, thought about Kikyou's death earlier that day. 'The foolish woman, thinking she could purify me along with the jewel.' He sat there for a while thinking how to get rid of Inuyasha and the others. He started thinking of the time when he tricked Inuyasha and Kikyou, and got an idea.
"Kanna.", he called. Kanna the void demon who was created from Naraku's flesh mysteriously appeared in the room with the faintest of noise. She looked as if she were seven and had very paled-skin. Her kimono was plain white, which made her skin look paler than it was. Her hair was a pure white also, that went to her shoulders with two while flowers in it. Her eyes were an ebony black, which showed no emotion. In her hands she held a mirror that could suck out the soul of a living being. It also could show anyone was doing at that exact time. Her mirror glowed as it showed Inuyasha and the others by Kikyou's new resting place.
Naraku stared into the mirror and grinned an evil smile. His eyes landed on Miroku and Sango, then he begun to laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry that it's so short! The next chapters will be longer! Please review and tell me what you think! Also if you have ideas that you would like to see, just tell me!
Brooke