InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Save a horse, Ride a cowboy ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
 
It was just a normal day in Sengoku Judai, aside from the very loud screams coming from one Inuyasha. Wait… that is normal…. Yes, a very normal day.
 
One hour and fifty sits later, Kagome, Shippo, Miroku, Sango, Kirere, and a very very angry hanyou, were sitting down (pun intended) as they got ready to eat.
 
 
“Shippo chan? Will you get the ramen out of my bag?” Kagome asked sweetly as she readied the fire.
 
“Sure momma!” Shippo said excitedly as he rummaged through the bag, pulling out the ramen along with a piece of crumpled paper.
 
“Momma?” Shippo asked as he read it.
 
“Yes, Shippo chan?” Kagome answered as she put the ramen in the water to boil.
 
“What's a cowboy?” Shippo asked as he handed her the paper.
 
Kagome looked over it briefly and giggled.
 
“What's so funny?” Miroku asked as he read the paper. He stifled a laugh.
 
“What?” asked Sango.
 
Miroku and Kagome looked at each other before they broke both out in song.
 

”DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DE-DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DAA-DAAAAA
DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DE-DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DAA-DAA-DAA-DAA-DAAAA!” They both screamed at the top of their lungs, laughing as they did so.
Sango quickly grabbed the paper and looked it over quickly before reading the next line aloud.

Well, I walk into the room
Passing out hundred dollar bills
“What's a dollar bill?” Asked Shippo.
Kagome smiled. “It is a form of currency in my time.”
Inuyasha scoffed and grabbed the paper.

”And it kills
and it thrills
like the horns on my Silverado grill” he said aloud. “What type of song is this Kagome?” He asked. He turned around and saw Kagome pulling out a boom box. She sat it on a log before stepping back a step. Suddenly Inuyasha's ears were bombarded by a very loud guitar beat.
“Well I walk in to the room passin out hundred dollar bills And it kills and it thrills like the horns on my Silverado grill.” Kagome sung with a cow-girl accent.
Sango joined in and sung the next verse.
”And I buy the bar a double round of crown
And everybody's getting down” Sango sang with a sheepish grin on her face. Kagome grabbed two cowboy hat from out of nowhere and handed one to Sango.

”An' this town ain't never gonna be the same.” They both sung in unison.

Miroku, who decided he didn't want to be left out, joined in but started to do a little dance along with the song. He pushed both of his hands up in the air twice and then did a run in place.

”Cause I saddle up my horse
and I ride into the city.” Miroku sung.
Kagome and Sango saw his dance and joined him. Raise the roof, jog in place, repeat.

”I make a lot of noise
Cause the girls
They are so pretty”
Shippo jumped on top of Miroku's (who was standing in between the two girl's) head and started to spin in place while pointing his two fingers in the air.

”Riding up and down Broadway
on my old stud Leroy” They all sung together.

”And the girls say” Miroku sung alone.

”Save a horse, ride a cowboy.” Sango and Kagome sung with a laugh.

”Everybody says” Miroku yelled.
“Save a horse, Ride a cowboy” sung Shippo, Kagome, and Sango.

Inuyasha scoffed “what a stupid song.” He mumbled. Suddenly Kouga showed up. He saw the dance and grabbed the paper.

”Well I don't give a dang about nothing
I'm singing and Bling- Blanging
While the girls are drinking
Long necks down!” He sung dramatically.
“What's a bling-blang?” Shippo asked.
Out of nowhere Sesshoumaru showed up and snatched the paper from Kouga.

”And I wouldn't trade ol' Leroy
or my Chevrolet for your Escalade
Or your freak parade
I'm the only John Wayne left in this town” He said, completely in the most un-sing-song voice any of them had heard. But they still allowed him to join. An offer he kindly refused as he dropped the paper and continued to walk away without a single word to Inuyasha, much to Inuyasha's dismay. He liked their little arguments.
Oh well, on with the song.


”And I saddle up my horse
and I ride into the city
I make a lot of noise
Cause the girls
They are so pretty
Riding up and down Broadway
on my old stud Leroy” Everyone (save for Inuyasha) sung.

”And the girls say” Miroku and Kouga sung.

”Save a horse, ride a cowboy.” Returned Kagome and Sango.

”Everybody says” Sung Shippo

”Save a horse, Ride a cowboy” Replied the group.

Suddenly Inuyasha got in the mood to sing. It might have had something to do with Kagome holding a gun to his head.

”I'm a thorough-bred
that's what she said.” Inuyasha sung as Kagome and Kikyo (Where she came from, we will never know)
”in the back of my truck bed
As I was gettin' buzzed on suds
Out on some back country road.”

Inuyasha decided that he had had enough of this and quickly left before Kagome and Kikyo began to fight over him, so Miroku took over, with Sango as his right-hand gal. ”We where flying high
Fining, whine, having ourselves a big and rich time
And I was going, just about as far as she'd let me go.”

But her evaluation
of my cowboy reputation
Had me begging for salvation
all night long
So I took her out giggin frogs
Introduced her to my old bird dog
And sang her every Willie Nelson song I could think of

And we made love
And I saddled up my horse
and I ride into the city
I make a lot of noise
Cause the girls
They are so pretty
Riding up and down Broadway
on my old stud Leroy
And the girls say
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.
Everybody says
Save a horse, Ride a cowboy

What? What?
Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy
Everybody says
Save a Horse Ride a cowboy.