InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Understanding You ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

{Disclaimer: No disclaimer this week. I'm too tired. Check one of the other chapters if you're not sure.}

SF: Note: Remember when I said that every Full Moon chapter is the start of another month? Well, this starts the month of December.

Chapter Ten: Understanding You

Kagome sighed with relief as she pulled in her driveway, then yelled in surprise when Souta appeared in front of her bumper.

"What's wrong with you?" Kagome hollered as she screeched to a stop. "What made you stop in front of my car?" She turned off the engine and jumped out just as Souta came to her side with a guilty look on his face.

"Um, Kagome…I've got something to tell you."

"What is it?" Kagome replied breathlessly as she rushed up the sidewalk.

"Chance is gone…again."

Kagome froze in her tracks and glared at Souta over her shoulder. "What do you mean, he's gone? Where is he?"

"Now if I knew that, I wouldn't be here talking to you, now would I?" Souta snapped back. Kagome threw up her free hand and retreated into the house with Souta following her.

"How long has he been gone?" she asked as she threw off her coat and dropped her briefcase.

"Since 5:50," Souta responded while hanging up her coat and putting her briefcase on the other side of the door. "So it's only been ten minutes."

Kagome nodded and climbed up the stairs to her room, where she immediately began taking off her clothes. "I don't have time to find him. You didn't see him anywhere?"

"No," Souta called up the stairs. "Not in the back yard and not up the hill. Why are you in such a rush?"

"We've got this stupid pot luck today," Kagome yelled as she tossed a pair of black heeled sandals down the steps. Souta ducked, glared over his shoulder at them when they rebounded off the front door, and scowled up the stairs.

"Watch it!"

"Oh, sorry," Kagome apologized quickly.

"Why are you going? I thought you said you'd rather drop dead than be there?" Souta asked.

"Yeah, well, if I don't go, Mr. Naraku may show up and try to 'party' with me."

Souta grimaced, as he was sure Kagome did too before the upstairs shower turned on. "OK then. I've got to go Kagome. Have fun."

"Yeah right," Kagome called down to Souta before the front door closed. "Have fun? Keh! Like that's going to happen." Kagome showered quickly, then rushed out and fished in her closet for something to wear. She struggled into a pair of thigh-highs and a pair of black pants, and was just shrugging into a black flirty blouse with fuchsia lotus flowers when her doorbell rang.

'Souta must have left his keys,' Kagome thought as she buttoned a button in the middle of her blouse and raced down the stairs to answer the door. She shoved her feet into her shoes before she ran past them, then turned on her porch light and peered out the peephole.

'Yeah, that's him,' Kagome thought to herself as she stared into the darkness. 'I'd better turn on the porch light.'

She flicked the light on and opened the door only to stop, her eyes wide and disbelieving. He stood there, leaning against the doorframe with his head down and his thumb hooked in the pocket of his jeans, the tail of his red dress shirt and black leather bomber jacket thrust behind him.

He looked up, momentarily floored at Kagome's near undress before smirking. "It is rude to stare," Sesshoumaru quipped dryly, then reached forward and buttoned every button below the middle one. "But I can forgive it for a greeting such as this."

"Sesshoumaru," Kagome finally breathed out as he stood upright. "Who-what are you doing here?"

"Did I not tell you that I would come back?" he asked. "Besides," he said, finally walking inside when Kagome stepped out of the way. "I have yet to thank you."

"Thank me?" Kagome asked as she shut the door behind him. "For what?"

"For being such a gracious host," Sesshoumaru replied simply, then gestured to her shirt. "Is that a Victoria's Secret?"

Kagome blushed fiercely and used her hand to temporarily close the top part of her shirt. "Um, well, yeah but-"

>Ding-Dong!<

"Who's that?" Kagome asked as Sesshoumaru stepped past her and opened the door. She tried to see around him, but Sesshoumaru's 6' 3" frame prevented her from seeing the visitor.

"Mr. Taishou?" a voice asked from the other side.

"I am he," Sesshoumaru responded. Kagome buttoned another button, then left the shirt alone as she attempted to see around him once again.

"Here you go sir."

"Thank you." Sesshoumaru reached inside his pocket and passed what Kagome would have sworn were two twenties to the other person. "Keep the change."

"Thanks mister!"

Sesshoumaru nodded in acknowledgement, closed the door with his heel, and moved toward the kitchen with a large brown bag in his hands.

"Hey!" Kagome said as she walked after him. "Who was that?"

"A 'delivery boy', I believe," Sesshoumaru replied as he sat the bag on the island counter and began to dig inside. "I think that is what they are called."

"What did he deliver?" Kagome asked.

"Chinese," Sesshoumaru said as he lifted the first of many white containers and set it on the counter. "You do like Chinese, yes?"

"OF COURSE!!!" Kagome cried, reaching over the counter to give him a quick hug. "Thank you so much Sesshoumaru!"

"My pleasure," he said with a faint blush, then frowned at himself for such an action. 'Why am I reacting to her in this way?' he asked himself when Kagome released him and began searching for plates and silverware. 'A little hug would not have effected me if I were still youkai.' His frown deepened a moment, then disappeared when Kagome plunked a plate in front of him.

"So," she asked as she peeked into the bag. "What did you get?"

"Some….lo mein, I think, crab rangoons and some honey chicken."

"Just that? Then why did they put it in the big bag?" Kagome asked while Sesshoumaru set another white container on the counter. Sesshoumaru cast her a wry smile, then stuck both arms inside the bag. "Because that is not all I have…"

He pulled out a medium-sized white box, set it on the counter in front of her and opened it. "Oh wow," Kagome gasped. "It's beautiful."

Sesshoumaru looked down at the small cake, never guessing that the white icing with the blue and pink flowers would be considered beautiful. 'But then again,' he said to himself as he pushed the cake aside. 'Females have always had a strange sense of things.'

"Now," he said as Kagome passed him a fork. "Where shall we begin?"

>Ding-Dong!<

"Awww…." Kagome moaned dramatically. "Who is it now?"

"Would you like me to answer it?" Sesshoumaru asked. Kagome shook her head. "No, I'll get it." She left the kitchen, walked into the living room and opened the door while Sesshoumaru shoveled some of the lo mein onto the plates.

"Mr. Naraku!" she suddenly gasped, putting Sesshoumaru on instant alert. Sesshoumaru abandoned the food for the moment and stood in the hallway while Kagome talked to Naraku.

"Um, what can I do for-"

"I just came to check up on you," Naraku said while trying to step past her and into the house. Kagome stood nervous but firm with her hand tightly gripping the door handle.

"For what?" Kagome asked. Naraku frowned, then grinned. "Did you forget about the pot luck tonight?"

"Oh my God," Kagome said with a gentle slap of her forehead. "I can't believe I forgot. What time is it?"

"It's…" Naraku glanced at his watch. "7:05 now. The party's still going, if you want to go."

"Oh, I can't."

"Really?" Naraku raised a suspicious brow. "Why not?"

"Well, I-I, um…"

'Really,' Sesshoumaru said to himself as he decided to intervene. 'The girl should learn how to dismiss those she doesn't want to be bothered with.'

Kagome continued to stutter for an answer when Sesshoumaru appeared behind her. He slowly brushed his hand from one side of her stomach to the other, then pulled her closer to him, rested his chin on her shoulder and kissed her cheek.

"Kagome, are you finished?" he 'whispered' in her ear, noticing her shiver and Naraku's heated glare at his closeness. "Your dinner is getting cold." He glanced up at Naraku and, pretending to just notice him, extended his hand for him to shake. "I'm Sesshoumaru Taishou."

"Onigumo Naraku," Naraku said as he took the offered hand. "I'm Kagome's rent manager."

"Oh. Am I interrupting something?" Sesshoumaru asked. He wriggled his thumb underneath Kagome's shirt and began making light circles with his thumbnail. Kagome grasped his hand to make him stop, a light blush staining her cheeks as Naraku shook his head.

"I was just checking up on Kagome. I'll just be going now." He turned to leave, but not before shooting Sesshoumaru a pointed glare over his shoulder. Sesshoumaru closed the door behind him and released Kagome before returning to the kitchen and dinner.

*

"Hey Sesshoumaru?" Kagome started around a mouth full of lo mein.

"Yes Kagome," Sesshoumaru said as he dug around the chicken box.

"Why were you in the forest that night?"

"Well," Sesshoumaru stalled, his mind swiftly thinking of an excuse as Kagome sat there. "That night I attended a friend's dinner party-"

"One of those murder mysteries, right?" Kagome asked.

"What would make you say that?"

Kagome shrugged. "Oh, I don't know. The way you were dressed I suppose. It was kinda like you were wearing a costume."

Sesshoumaru thought a second, then decided to run with it. "You are right however. My car was stolen after the party, so I decided to walk home when I found you."

"And that explains your stomach too, doesn't it?" Kagome asked. Sesshoumaru nodded and went back to his dinner. "On another note, how is your dog? Chance, is it? The last time I 'visited', you said he was injured."

"You know, there's a funny thing about that," Kagome said thoughtfully. "When he came back-"

"So he did come back," Sesshoumaru interrupted. Kagome nodded. "The very next morning, just after you left I guess. But the funny thing is is that his side, when he left, had this cut on it. It didn't have it the next day. I thought about taking him back to the vet."

Sesshoumaru inwardly groaned. 'Not another trip to the vet. One would think that I am some sort of weakling fooling around with her.' "Perhaps it was hidden inside his fur," he offered. Kagome shrugged. "I don't know. That's possible. He is kinda fluffy.

"So," Kagome said next. "What do you do?"

"What do you mean?" Sesshoumaru asked as he put down his chopsticks.

"You know," Kagome said with a wave of her hand. "What do you do? What's your profession?"

"Oh." Sesshoumaru thought a moment, then said "Real estate."

"Wow," Kagome said before popping a piece of chicken into her mouth. "That must be exciting."

"I suppose," Sesshoumaru answered. "I travel often. It's rare that I get to spend so much time in town."

"Oh."

"So," Sesshoumaru smirked. "What do you do?"

"I'm a social worker," Kagome responded. Sesshoumaru nodded, having already had access to such information. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah," Kagome nodded. "It's challenging, but I enjoy what I do."

"Really?" Sesshoumaru said absently. "Why is that?"

"Because of how good it feels," Kagome said with a sigh. "I mean, parts of it are tough, but all in all I do some good, or at least I think I do."

"But does it not seem futile?" Sesshoumaru asked.

"Doesn't what seem futile?" Kagome inquired. Sesshoumaru paused a moment, his chopsticks resting against his bottom lip before saying "When you think about it, you do not get there in enough time to stop the assault, nor do you really see the aftermath. By the time you arrive, what you're really seeing is the victim after they've collected themselves."

Kagome lowered her head, her interest in her plate dimming as her vision suddenly blurred.

"So in truth, all you do is sweep up the pieces and stand by while they have to deal with the aftermath alone. It is almost useless for you to be there. You do not have to deal with the nightmares, nor the fear that comes afterward. You will never come to understand their position, should you live to be so lucky. No matter what, you will always be too late."

' "You want to know something Chance?" ', Kagome remembered saying as Sesshoumaru continued. ' "This world is screwed up. It's amazing how many sick people go free in a day, roaming around under everyone's nose until they snap and do something horrendous. No matter what you do, you'll always be too late. Too late to help, too late to stop the screaming, too late to stop the hurting and too late to keep their lives from changing.

' " I'm always too late. They'll never be the same, and all I can do is hold their hand and tell them everything is going to be ok. The years of therapy, of regret and blaming themselves for an instant when they couldn't defend themselves and that's all I can do."

'He's right,' Kagome sniffed. 'It is rather pointless, but…'

Sesshoumaru glanced at her when she sniffed, then turned to her fully when a tear rolled down her cheek. 'Great,' he thought as he stood up. 'I made her cry. But…why do I care if she cries?'

"Kagome…" He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer to him. He winced when she began to cry, secretly wishing he could take back what he said moments before resting her head against his chest. "My apologies. I…wasn't thinking."

"Don't," Kagome hiccupped. "You're right, to some extent. I can't be there to keep it from happening, but at least I can do something. Someday, they'll look back on it and…"

"And?" Sesshoumaru repeated while using a paper napkin to dry her cheeks.

"and maybe find that someone tried, you know," Kagome finished. "They'll see something good in the middle of all that bad."

"I am sure they will," Sesshoumaru assured her gently. "Especially if that something is you."

Kagome blushed and gave him a grateful smile. "Thanks Sesshoumaru."

"Of course. Now," he said as he let her go back to her seat. 'Why do I feel empty all of a sudden,' he pondered while Kagome waited for him to continue. 'It's almost as if I miss holding her. Something is not ri-'

"Now what?" Kagome asked, interrupting his train of thought. Sesshoumaru's brow furrowed thoughtfully, then smoothed out when he smiled.

"Now, if you're feeling up to it, we cut the cake."

"Cake me mister," Kagome joked and stuck out her plate, to which Sesshoumaru happily obliged.

*

>Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep!<

Sesshoumaru blinked, then wearily raised his arm and turned off the alarm on his watch before reading the time. '12:30,' he read with a heavy sigh, then returned his head to the arm of the sofa. He gazed down at Kagome, giving a rare and gentle smile before resting his chin on the top of her head. He recounted the night, remembering how he and Kagome had finally come into the living room after cleaning up the kitchen. They talked for a few, then Kagome fell asleep on his shoulder.

'I must have gone to sleep as well,' Sesshoumaru realized, and then smiled to himself. 'It would figure for Inuyasha to think of that. That must be why the alarm on the watch went off. Now how to shut it off completely…' He tinkered with the watch for a few moments, figuring out everything from the calendar to the calculator but not the alarm.

'From what I've figured, it will beep every three hours. That will be a problem should someone outside the shed hear it,' Sesshoumaru thought with concern. 'I shall have to think of a way to prevent that.'

Kagome stirred, mumbling something in her sleep before drifting off again. Sesshoumaru gently brushed a stray hair from her forehead then leaned back against the couch arm above his head. 'I still feel…guilty, I suppose, for upsetting you earlier. I know how you feel about your job, so why did I say what I did? For another matter, why do I care? You are nothing but another charge, so it should not matter what you feel so long as you're safe…but I hated to see the others cry too. Perhaps it comes with protecting you.

'But you feel so different,' Sesshoumaru mused as Kagome turned over to face away from him. 'It could be because you're an adult, but you still have the heart of a child. So trusting, so considerate, so innocent. No wonder your brother worries for you, as do your friends. And you haven't been particularly terrible to me either, in either my inu and human forms.'

Sesshoumaru yawned sleepily, raising a hand to cover his mouth before returning it to drape over Kagome's side. 'Maybe,' he mused as he buried his nose in the hair at the base of Kagome's neck and closed his eyes.

'Maybe being hit by that car wasn't so bad after all…'

*

>Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep!<

Kagome woke up slowly, her eyes focusing on the wall clock on the other side of the room as she struggled to rise above the waters of sleep.

'Oh man, it's 3:30,' Kagome moaned as she rubbed the bridge of her nose. 'This couch sucks to sleep on.'

>Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep!<

"What on earth…" Kagome glanced down and gasped, her eyes rounding impossibly as what could only be a man's wristwatch beeped near her right side. The arm attached to it was draped over her ribs just below her breasts, with another banded right beneath it in a secure hug. The arm moved just as Kagome registered breathing on the back of her neck. She turned just as Sesshoumaru raised the watch to his face, watching as he turned off the noisy beast before looking down at her.

"Good morning," he replied, his sleep-fogged voice sending shivers up and down her spine. "How fared your sleep?"

"It was…" Kagome glanced down at her legs and blushed in embarrassment. She quickly untangled them from Sesshoumaru's left leg, releasing the appendage from her python-like grip. "I'm so sorry about that," she apologized.

"An apology is unnecessary," Sesshoumaru told her as he pulled her closer to his chest, waiting until her back was flush against his before resting his chin on her shoulder. "After all," he whispered in her ear. "We are not aware of what we do whilst we sleep."

"O-of course," Kagome stuttered nervously. Her hands flew to his, settling over them as Kagome decided what to do. 'He's not hurting me,' she thought as Sesshoumaru yawned behind her. 'Besides, this feels rather…nice. It's weird, in a new sort of way, but nice. I feel like I've known him forever. I don't have to be anxious around him…do I?'

"What is it?" Sesshoumaru asked at the worried frown on her face. "What's on your mind?"

"I was just thinking," Kagome began, and then paused before asking, "Are you married?" Silence met the question, then a low chuckle bubbled from Sesshoumaru's chest. "It's not funny Sesshoumaru!" Kagome scolded before reaching back and swatting at him. Sesshoumaru accepted her blows easily, laughing despite Kagome's outrage.

"I will be honest with you," Sesshoumaru said after a few minutes. "I have been married, but I'm not now."

"Really?" Kagome turned to him fully, cobalt eyes connecting to honey as his right leg enfolded hers. "What happened to her?"

"She died."

"Oh." She lowered her chin to her chest and whispered, "I'm sorry."

'I'm not,' Sesshoumaru thought as he tipped her face back to his. "Do not be. It was a long ago."

"Do you miss her?"

'I don't get a chance to,' Sesshoumaru quipped before nodding. "I think of her often." 'That's not exactly a lie,' he thought as Kagome's gaze became thoughtful. 'After all, she's normally in my ear, giving advice that I never ask for and I do not care to have. What I wouldn't do to get rid of-'

He stopped when Kagome's right hand slid over his side, her arm following it as her left wrapped around his shoulders. "I'm sorry to bring it up," Kagome muttered into his shirt. "I didn't mean to be rude."

"You were not rude," Sesshoumaru replied as he came out of his shock and returned her hug. "It pleases me know that you're as curious about me as I am about you."

"You-you're curious about me?" Kagome repeated with a start. "But why?"

"I find you interesting, and your company enjoyable. Those are traits I value with the schedule I keep. I have something to ask you."

"Sure," Kagome said, still stunned by his declaration at the moment. "What is it?"

"Well, I'm only in town for one day a month, as you're well aware," Sesshoumaru began while Kagome flipped the end of his ponytail over his shoulder. "I would really like to spend that day with you, if you do not mind."

"Um, sure!" Kagome chirped. "I don't mind at all! I'd be glad to have you over! We'll have Chinese, play board games, watch TV! It'll be so much fun, don't you think Sesshoumaru?" Kagome looked up at him, her brow creased curiously before calling him again. "Sesshoumaru? Are you asleep?" She reached up and traced his brow, then giggled to herself when it twitched underneath her fingers.

'He looks so peaceful like that,' Kagome mused as a yawn escaped her as well. 'And he's so different than the other guys I've met. He's such a gentleman, and I feel different with him. It's almost like feeling…' Kagome yawned again and settled her ear against Sesshoumaru's chest.

"It's like feeling safe…"

*

"Woof!"

"What!" Kagome jerked to a sitting position, her head reeling from the speed as she glanced around her. "Who! Where! When!"

"Woof!"

Kagome glanced down at her feet, her sleep-dazed mind still too unaware to recognize the giant ball of white fluff with the golden eyes sitting at her feet. "Huh?"

Chance rolled his eyes, nudged her knee and said, "Woof! Woof!"

"Aright!" she said with a sniff. "I'm up. And just where have you been mister?" Chance yawned in response, displaying his sharp canines before nudging something at her feet. "What's this?" Kagome wondered as she picked it. She recognized it to be a small scroll with the same burgundy ribbon as the last. She untied the ribbon and read the elegant calligraphy inside with a smile.

~Truly last night bears repeating. Forgive me for leaving so abruptly, but I could not bear to wake you. I believe the dog I let inside is yours, since I found him pawing at the doggie door in the kitchen this morning before I left.

Once again, my apologies. I will make it up to you.

Sesshoumaru~

"Awww…" Kagome said with a happy sigh. "Wasn't that the sweetest thing?"

'That wasn't exactly the point,' Sesshoumaru thought while Kagome stood up and brushed herself off. 'Hasn't she forgotten somet-'

"Oh my God!" Kagome suddenly exclaimed. "I forgot! I'm goanna be late for work! Sango's goanna kill me!" She sprinted up the stairs without another word, and Sesshoumaru could hear the shower start up as he stretched out on his blanket in front of the unlit fireplace.

'Such a strange girl,' he mused as he closed his eyes. 'Yet she is entertaining.'

'Maybe she's more than entertaining,' Kikyou said. She snorted in disapproval at Sesshoumaru's annoyed growl. 'Oh come now. You know you missed me. You even said you think about me.'

' You obviously misunderstood me,' Sesshoumaru thought with another growl. 'I meant that, since you never give me a moment's peace-'

'But you don't hear from me for the entire night of the full moon,' Kikyou pouted. 'You would think that's enough.'

'Woman, for you to disappear entirely wouldn't be enough.'

'Hm! You're so mean Sesshoumaru!' Kikyou huffed. 'What have I ever done to you?'

'Do you have an hour?' Sesshoumaru quipped dryly.

'Why are you so mean to me, but not to the others?' Kikyou asked before Kagome thundered down the steps. She whizzed past him just as the doorbell rang, then rushed back to let Souta inside.

"Hey!" he greeted as he came into the house. "Did you sleep late again?"

"You could say that," Kagome huffed as she ran back to the kitchen. "My briefcase," Kagome mumbled as she looked around. "Where's my-"

"In here Kagome," Souta called as he retrieved the missing item from beside the sofa. "You really should keep up with your stuff."

"Yeah, whatever," Kagome replied as she grabbed her jacket and the suitcase. She kneeled down to give Sesshoumaru's nose a quick kiss, then sprinted out the door with a last goodbye to Souta.

'That's what I'm talking about,' Kikyou said, fully ruining the blissful moment. 'You're nice to her, and you were nice to the others but not to me. Why?'

'Other than obvious reasons?' Sesshoumaru asked, then decided to answer her question. 'Because they all have something to teach.'

'What?'

Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes again, something he'd grown used to doing in 500 years. 'They all have something to teach,' Sesshoumaru repeated.

'Like what?'

'Well, take the first charge,' Sesshoumaru replied as his eyes slid closed. 'Little Mai. My first ward. The wisdom that lay within her eyes could surpass even the wisest youkai.'

----

Silver Fox: What the fuck! That's not-

>Zap!<

SF: How many times do I have to tell you to watch your mouth! There are children present.

Sango: More S/K fluff-

Inu-chan: {::sulking::} If you like that kind of thing.

SF: Aw. Don't be blue Inu-chan. You're in this story, it's just not time for you to reappear.

Sesshou: At least you do not resemble a romantic fool.

Kagome: I think you're sweet.

SF: Me too.

Silver Fox: You two would. Anyway, this chapter is short because SF plans to update twice this month. There is another chapter coming in about two Saturdays. It's Chapter Eleven: Something Like the Wandering: Mai's Wisdom.

Responses:

CometsChaos, Midnight1212, Cutiepie 99, Babygirl20008, Sukera, Tessie-Fanfic, Heikaru, Sesshoumaru13, KougasMyMan, Salena-Jagonashi, Wolf Paw, Fushigi Wolf, Badgerwolf, I, Fluffy Li, SunshineMelody, Tokia, Skitzoflame, Gopher2806, Peanut Gallery-Alaska's Own, & Raye:SesshyFan: Thanks so much! You guys are the greatest! Another chapter is coming sooner than you think.

Fyyrrose: You know, anyone looks good in Hugo Boss, but I still think he smells. I bet a good scrubbing with some tar would do the trick. Tar removes anything. Tomato does too. Sesshou's use of Kikyou's presence is a great way to relieve stress. It's funny, and as long as you imagine him doing that to someone else it's all gravy. I promise you, there will be more angst but not a lot that will deal with Sesshoumaru. It's pretty much all Kagome and her problems at work. You can keep Naraku. He seems to behave better with you anyway. But can I borrow him if I need to?

MyInuyasha04: I know! I loved that movie too! I saw it for the first time the weekend I wrote that chapter. I thought Miroku would be so cute saying that!

Danielle: I put the review responses up for two reasons. One being that I love to answer questions. They're awfully addictive. Two, other people like to see there name up on the chapter pages. It makes them happy, and I in turn like to make others happy. I do agree that they take up space, but I feel that the chapter hopefully makes up for it. Thanks for the love, and for the unique vote.

Tsuki Yume: I remember that show. It used to come on CBS ever Saturday night. No, I'm not that old, but my grandmother used to love that show. The reason why updates are slower than they used to be is because 1) The muse takes her time in giving up the plot for the next chapter. Stingy little beast. 2) Real life tends to tie me up sometimes. There's so much more on my plate than it used to be, and I'm slowly trying to adjust to it all. Don't worry. I'll try to pick this story up come this summer.

Em Starcatcher: Oh, they had phones. They were just too busy to use them. Thanks for the review!

Ulna: I'm sorry! I have to wait that month! That's how long it takes to get the story idea! I should speed up with the warming weather. We might end up with a blue moon!

SugarCube: That's a good idea. But if Kagome found out, even in that way, Sesshou would be stuck like he is, either in human or doggy form. Thanks for it though!

Kagome: Hey, I think I've seen that one. Yeah, you guys are on A Single Spark aren't you? Lol. Great nicknames for the guys. Sesshoumaru may not be female, but he sure acts like it. Good luck in future escape attempts.

Blooded-Blade: Oh no problems here! I understand you perfectly. As for UA, are you talking about Trial of the Century? If you are, then I should tell you that it was deleted a few weeks ago. I still don't know why. Check Mediaminer.org for that story. It's the same penname and title.

Duke-of-Spades: Believe it or not, I never got your review! I didn't get a lot of people's reviews. FF is acting really strange lately. Please forgive this humble kencho!

Fluffy-sama13: It's pretty much as Kikyou said. It's some sort of weird side effect. The only reason why Kagome can hear him and the others (including the children) couldn't is because of Kagome growing up on the shrine and having some miko training. She's not a miko per say, but she is pretty close. And remember the little story Jiji-chan tried to tell when Kagome went to see Miroku? That has a little to do with it too.

MoonliteCrescndo: I totally understand about the stress. That was one of the many things I hated about school. You would think that would stop me from wanting to go back, but I do. I must be loosing my mind. Hopefully this chapter has lots of love!

SilentBrat: The Kagome/ Sesshoumaru situation isn't a frequent one. It's kinda like when she's touching him and he says something about her. Thanks for the review!

Tessa3: And you worried? Tisk tisk! ^.^ They'll be in here more as the story goes on. Kouga gets his own chapter too.

Lunatic Pandora1: I don't doubt that you did. I just never got it. FF is acting really stingy with my reviews lately.

Rhexi: I'm glad you understand, because I sure don't. I just do what the Little Muse tells me to do. {::backs up when Little Muse shows up, brandishing a white inu plushie::} No wait! Let's talk about this! {::runs offstage::} Don't hit me with that thing! I have enough to do as is!!!

Raine84: {::blushes::} Thanks! You're enthusiasm is welcome here.

KouseiJL: I agree totally, but at least it was solved before it was too late. Naraku really hasn't done anything yet, but if you'll give me just a few more chapters...Kagome's not necessarily a miko. She grew up on the shrine, but she doesn't have the powers that Kikyou has. She's kinda modern day. And you're right! She does have to have her hands on him, but there has to be one more thing.

Sesshys Hime: {::blushes::} Thanks so much! I'm so glad it went off well. That kinda means that Sesshoumaru will have to be civil from now on, doesn't it?

ReginaLucifer: Well Happy Birthday! How old are you, if you don't mind me asking. Miroky's kinda cute...but why do you guys call him that? Is his name close enough for you to make that mistake, or is he a lech like one of my friends? I swear, I think I'm going to have to don him as a Miroku too.

Cryxxy-chan: You're one the first to say that about her either. I don't know why I can't write a reasonably evil Kikyou. I HATE her on the anime, but I can't help but write her as someone with some sense in the fics. It's most disturbing. The Kikyou/Sesshoumaru scenes are meant to be funny, so I'm glad you get the gory joke. Sesshoumaru's going to have to think of new ways to kill her other than maiming and such. {::shudders::} Sesshou, using his imagination. That's a scary thought. Hey, when are the new epi. coming out?

BelleDayNight: I'm rather impressed with them too. Souta acts a lot like Silver in some cases, and Kikyou...well, I'm not entirely sure why I can't seem to get her to act right. She just won't be evil for me.

SexyBeast3007: Good to see that you like gory jokes too! Another update's on its way.

Yukari1: You know what...that's not a bad idea...{::evil smirk as she begins to plot::}

Flame Dancer077: {::blushes::} Thanks a lot! Tell your sister thanks too!

Kura-sama: It's only during certain circumstances, but yeah. She pretty much can. Thanks a lot for the love and anothe update should be coming sooner than you think!

InuyashaGurL (since Fallen is away): No prob about the knife. Keep it just in case. You never know when you'll need it. You know what? Kicking my computer may be what's wrong with it. Maybe I should be nicer, and give it hugs and other such fluff.

Gray Wolf Demon: You just had to get me started on that game! I'm like right there where the Ulcimeta witch is, and I can't get past that stupid GF she summons. You know, the one that does Shockwave Pulser. I've died from that at least 12 hundred times! Arg! (chicken chokes the nearest stuffed animal) Nothing's helped but a Game Shark, and my brother's friend won't let me borrow it!

Nyx: I know. I'm sorry. I don't know what my problem is. Don't worry though, because all the lovely questions that have been asked that weren't answered will be answered in the next chapter.

IMPROVED Uber Rei Model 06: Kagome's in a love square? {::reads over fic::} Oh, well. Lookie there. I never noticed, but yeah. I guess she is. That should make things more interesting as the story progresses. Thanks for the love, and another chapter's coming in about a week or two.

Ren-chan: I normally update once a month, but this month I plan on updating again. I'm not entirely sure, but it should be soon. Thanks for the speed perfection and the love!

Meow-chan: I'm small too. I'm like 5'2" and 97 lbs. A dog like Sesshou would kind be like my brother's german shepard. He's 120 lbs and awfully friendly, if you know what I mean. Naraku's a bad boy, but you don't understand how bad until the fic gets into the good parts. I'd say about Sesshou's sixth full moon. Sesshou turns human on the full moon, but turns back into a canine with the youkai healing and lifespan for the rest of the month. Inuyasha is unfortunate to have to deal with that too, but not at the drastic rate that Sesshou does. And he doesn't have Kikyou haunting him.

Shadow-Demon14: You caught on to that, huh? I love that movie!

Fyyrrose: You know, anyone looks good in Hugo Boss, but I still think he smells. I bet a good scrubbing with some tar would do the trick. Tar removes anything. Tomato does too. Sesshou's use of Kikyou's presence is a great way to relieve stress. It's funny, and as long as you imagine him doing that to someone else it's all gravy. I promise you, there will be more angst but not a lot that will deal with Sesshoumaru. It's pretty much all Kagome and her problems at work. You can keep Naraku. He seems to behave better with you anyway. But can I borrow him if I need to?

Tasha: I promise to finish this! Now I'm not exactly sure what he'll be in the end, but I will finish it.

Mediaminer:

Glass Thorn, Nan, Umeboshi, PTBear, AWSM!!, Stormy Nights Rainy Days, & CrescentMoon: Thanks so much! More's on its way!

~Lil_Angel~: A cute ending eh? I don't know...but we'll see.

Sam_Sama_Death: There won't be a lot of Mir/San scenes. There are way too many people in this fic for me to do that. I think I'll give Kouga the spotlight soon. We'll just have to see.

Kitsune_Bi: You know, I've seen chickens without their heads. I quit eating chicken for a month. Oh, but anyway, I agree with you. There's nothing better than a dog with a surprised taiyoukai inside! (Doesn't that kinda remind you of a Fairy Oddparents episode?)

Lil_Rei_Chan: See? I updated early just for you...well, I can't say that honestly. To be honest, the chapter finished early. But hey, it's almost just for you. Not a whole lot will happen with the thought thing. It's just to make Sesshou behave himself around her. Or at leas that's what I think. You can never tell with muses that watch SpongeBob.

IsisTheEgyptianGoddess: So sorry to miss your birthday, but I did update early. Isn't that just as good? You hear voices, and I talk to myself. What a pair we make. But I do it to plot the story. I need to buy a recorder so I can stop doing that. Or a laptop that types what I say. That would be mega cool! I think I'll ask for that for Christmas. It's never too late to think of your list.

S1Cherry: Yeah, I remember reading that play. I was Caesar if you can believe it. I don't know why though. You would think they would have wanted a guy to play it. Anyway, the little scenes between Kikyou and Sesshou are stress relievers. I write them when I get mad at someone at work and imagine Kikyou as someone else. Sesshou's sense of humor is a drier version of mine, but it gets the job done.

Lunabelle: This idea is actually supposed to be in memory of one of my brother's friend's dog, Chance. Somehow, it totally ran away from that idea. I don't know why. Now that Sango and Miroku are back together, maybe we can focus more on Kagome and Sesshoumaru.

Youkai Yume: Morals have nothing to do with clipping someone's head off in one swipe. That takes skill, right Sesshou? Sesshou: Correct Guardian-san. There is more to this Sesshoumaru than just his looks. SF: Yes, I had to get him started. Hope you enjoyed the Sesshou/Kagome fluff as much as the San/Mir fluff.