InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gwg: Yes, back with another fic! I have no idea what the pairing for this story will be as of yet, but I will tell you now that Sesshomaru is not with anyone, got it? Okay then, I don't own Inuyasha, just so ya'll know..but I wish I did, but anyways read on!

 

Second Chance

Prologue

 

He could still see the pained look in her eyes as she sat on the edge of the well, her yellow bag already having been thrown in.

 

"Kagome, you don't have to go! It doesn't have to be this way between us!"

 

Inuyasha called out, stepping forward and reaching out with his clawed hand. Kagome just shook her hand and turned to look back to were the Goshinboku towered above all the other trees.

 

"Maybe, Inuyasha, if you had taken the time to see an us, it could have been different....You left me to die then Inuyasha, and if Sesshomaru hadn't have saved me, I wouldn't be here. It has to be this way Inuyasha, understand that. I made a pledge to always stand by your side and I have done so for the past five years. I have almost no regrets about those years, but I do have some...."

 

"R...regrets? What do you mean, what do you regret?"

 

Inuyasha questioned of her, surprised. Five years they had searched to complete the Shikon No Tama and they had finally done so, saving all of their friends in the process. Now, Kagome was leaving him to go back to her time, for good.

 

"I...regret not being the one that was able to hold your heart, Inuyasha...I truly regret placing my trust and hope in you on that matter. I should've known Kikyo would always be the fuel to your fire. Sesshomaru and Kagura warned me repeatedly that I was going to get hurt, if only I had listened...then I wouldn't be here saying these things to you Inuyasha..."

 

"But...Kagome, I love you!"

 

He cried out, trying to make her understand that he needed her by his side. He needed her there, he had told her so during the battle with Menomaru, and then when Menomaru had turned into Hyoga.

 

"I know Inuyasha...the problem is...that I don't love you anymore."

 

And at that moment, sapphire met amber for one last time before she jumped into the well to never return.

 

16 Years Later

 

The hanyou known as Inuyasha sat silently in the branches of the Goshinboku, his friends sitting at the base of the tree carrying on a conversation as they waited for the arrival of Sesshomaru and Kagura. This same type of meeting occurred once every month, so as to insure that they never grew too far apart. Miroku and Sango had an amazing four kids and were working on their fifth at the moment. Shippou was still unmated, but he had grown up from the young pup they had first met.

 

Inuyasha was alone as ever, never trusting to let anyone close to his heart after it was torn into by Kikyo and then again by her reincarnation, Kagome Higurashi. 'Kagome...' He thought to himself, her name running through his head like a melody. He hadn't seen her in 16 years, and everytime he thought about her a small pang would resound in his heart. As they conversation below him died down, he suddenly smell the sent of sakura blossoms and jasmine, mixed with something else, something foreign. Yet, the scent was all to familiar to him.

 

"She's back!"

 

He called out as he jumped out of the tree, racing towards the well with all of his speed.

 

"Who's back?!"

 

He heard Miroku yelling from behind him as they got up to follow the hanyou. A fanged smile appeared on Inuyasha's face as he looked behind him, yelling his answer.

 

"Kagome! Kagome's back!"

 

Gwg: Yes, slightly short, but I hope the next chapter will be longer. Anyways, please review and tell me any flaws it might have, or what you like about it. The next chapter should be coming soon. I will tell you this though, I'm writing this to get me out of a writers block on Sakura Blossoms and Kisses...anyways, please review!