InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Santa Mayhem ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
This is a special fic for Christmas. The title pretty much says it all. We would like to dedicate this to our "Group." Don't ask but they'll know.

Secret Santa Mayhem
By: Alecto and Wendy (CandyFreak211@aol.com)

"Christ…mas???" There was a loud commotion of noise that followed. The occupants of Kagome's room immediately broke into loud and incoherent conversations.

"Is that something to eat?" Inuyasha asked.

"Is that a weapon?" Sesshoumaru asked.

"I hope it's food. I'm hungry, Sesshoumaru-sama." Rin said.

"Quiet, you insolent brat!!! Show proper respect to Sessoumaru-sama. Besides, it's obviously a new kind of youkai." Jaken snapped.

"Is it food?" Inuyasha asked again.

Kikyo "…"

"I though Kagome-sama was going to introduce me to a pretty girl." Miroku sighed in disappointment.

Sango's eyebrow twitched with irritation. She grabbed the nearest item, Kagome's alarm clock, and smashed it into Miroku's head.

"Minna, let me explain." Kagome waved her arms frantically about to get attention. No one listened as most continued to speculate about this Christmas. She looked toward Inuyasha for help but only to find him alternating glares between Sesshoumaru and Kouga. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea in the world to seat them near them.

Kouga lifted a fist and punched Inuyasha squarely in the face.

The half dog demon staggered back slightly before he snarled. "What the hell was that for, yaro?!"

"I had to get their attention somehow dog-turd. Kagome's trying to say something." Kouga replied nonchalantly.

Inuyasha leaped forward, his hands on the hilt of the Tetsusaiga.

"Inuyasha." Kagome called sweetly.

Inuyasha stopped in his tracks, though somewhat annoyed at being interrupted when he was just about to pound the wolf youkai.

"Osuwari." Kagome stated flatly. Inuyasha smashed down into the floor, falt on his face, courtesy of the rosary around his neck.

"Kagome?" Kagome's mother called form downstairs.

"Nothing Mama." Kagome shouted. She turned back toward the group. "Where was I?"

"Christmas." Shippo supplied eagerly.

"Sou!" Kagome clapped her hands together. "Christmas is a holiday where loved ones get together and exchange gifts."

"Loved…" Naraku trailed off.

"Ones?" Jaken finished.

An awkward and heavy silence hung over the group. You could hear the crickets chirping outside.

Inuyasha held a hand over his mouth, his face turning impossibly blue with suppressed laughter. He finally couldn't take it anymore and collapsed into hysterics. "LOVED ONES!!! Hahahahahaha!!! Kagome, I think all those tests have finally sent you over the edge! Hahahahahahaha!!!" More maniacal cackling followed.

"Someone please stop that demonic noise." Sango groaned as she rubbed her temples.

"Gladly." Miroku chirped as he bashed Inuyasha over the head with his priest staff thingy. Seconds later, a subdued Inuyasha was sulking in the corner with several bumps forming on his head.

"As I was saying, Christmas will be here I in a few weeks and I thought we'd do something." Kagome continued cheerfully.

"Like what?" Kikyo spoke for the first time.

"Secret Santa of course!" Kagome exclaimed. She sighed as she received blank stares once more. She reached over and grabbed a straw bonnet. The group crowded around Kagome and gazed calmly at the contents of the hat.

"It's just paper." Sesshoumaru stated in his usual condescending manner.

"Hai." Kagome responded as she shuffled the white slips of
paper. "On each slip of paper, I wrote one of your names. Now everyone will draw one and whoever you get will be the person you give a present to on Christmas day."

The entire group exchange skeptical and dubious glances. How could Kagome have not foreseen this disaster in making.

"Alright minna, let's do this." Kagome set the hat on the floor. Eleven hands, claws, paws (well, you get the idea) reached into the hat and drew a piece of paper.

"Remember, don't tell anyone who you got, especially that person." Kagome reminded as she unfolded her draw. The others followed her example.

Miroku rubbed his chin in a pondering manner. Rin, Shippo, and Kouga grinned, obviously happy with theirs. One thought ran simultaneously through the minds of Kagome, Inuyasha, and Sango. 'Oh shit!' Naraku, Sesshoumaru, Kikyo, and Jaken looked up and inquired in unison. " I don't suppose we can trade?"

*To Be Continued?*

Hai-Yes
Minna-Everyone
Osuwari-Sit (like ordering a dog to do so)
Sou-Right
Yaro-Bastard
Youkai-Demon

What do you think? Please give us feedback. Maybe we'll finish or maybe not... Take the hint people!