InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Santa Mayhem ❯ Part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 3: Exchange of Gifts

Christmas Night
Christmas had finally come. The camera zooms in on a small two-story house, covered in the snow of a white Christmas. (Do they get white Christmas in Tokyo?) Gathered in the living room of Kagome's house, a group of youkai, humans, and hanyou alike gathered. They were there to exchange presents.

However, it wasn't as peaceful as the snow falling outside. Shippo and Rin were really hyper and started running around the room, due to all the candy they had in the morning. Kouga was looking and smiling at Kagome like a lunatic. While he was doing this, Inuyasha was glaring and snarling at the wolf youkai.

Kagome took a deep breath and shouted. "Settle down minna! We have to start exchanging gifts."

The group settled down into some semblance of order. They waited for someone to make the first move.

Everyone look at one another. No one wants to be the first one to give his or her gifts. Shippo looks around and sigh. He turns to Rin and said, " Grown ups are such scaredy cats." To everyone, he said, "I'll go first then." He turns to Rin and said, "I'm your secret Santa." He handed a messily wrapped present to Rin. She tore at the wrapping to reveal…a Pochacco doll? (What did you expect? We couldn't really think of anything else…)

Rin squealed and hugged the doll tightly. "It's so kawaii!" she set her stuffed animal aside and turned to Jaken. "This is for you." She set before him a wrapped box that bore what appeared to be air holes.

Jaken stared at the box. He could have sworn he hear some noise from inside the box. The gift suddenly jumped and nearly the entire group jumped back in turn. Inuyasha stood protectively in front of Kagome, his hand on the Tetsusaiga. Surely Rin wasn't capable of giving something dangerous.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Kouga growled impatiently. He was eager to give Kagome his gift.

Jaken, shaking, opened his gift and found two beady eyes staring back at him.

"It's a frog." Miroku stated dumbly.

"Why did you get that?" Sango was curious.

Rin grinned and replied simply. "It reminded me of Jaken-san!" Almost everyone face-vaulted.

Kagome was sweatdropping. "Okay, next."

"It's my turn now." Said Jaken. He turns to Shippo and said, " I got you this gift since I know you need it badly." Shippo stared at the gift and then he ripped the wrapping off. It was a book. When Shippo looked at the book, he began to hit Jaken with it. Inuyasha was wondering what the title was, so he took the book away from Shippo's hands and read the title. He began to laugh hysterically.

"Well, what is the title? Show it to us," Kagome said. Inuyasha showed the book to everyone. The title was 'A Guide to Making Illusions for Dummies", and underneath it was an added phrase written by Jaken. It was "or for kitsunes who can't do illusions right for his life". Now everyone realize why Shippo was angry with Jaken.

"I'm next," said Kagome, and she handed her gift to Kikyo. Kagome nervously watched as Kikyo opened her gift. Kikyo reached in and drew out a dangling clear crystal pendant.

"It's for clarity, serenity, and focus." Kagome explained quietly. "I thought it might help." It was possibly (and is) the most thoughtful gift given that night.

The next person to give their gift was Inuyasha. He faced Kouga with a scowl on his face. "Here's your stupid gift you wimpy wolf." Said Inuyasha and he threw the gift at Kouga's face. Kouga caught the gift with one hand just seconds before it hit his face, and smiled at Inuyasha, who was scowling and growling at the same time.

Kouga tore the wrapping off and looked down at the huge pile of papers. "What's this?" Asked Kouga to Inuyasha.

"Look at the damn title, baka!!" exclaimed Inuyasha.

Kouga look at the top sheet. It says, "Lists of things I made up just for you." So Kouga flipped to the next page and on top it says, "Ten things in the world as big as Kouga's ego." On the next page, the title was "Ten things I would like to do to Kouga with my Tetsusaiga." Kouga looked through the whole package. He looked at Inuyasha and said, "These papers seems to be listing all your qualities instead of mine." Inuyasha started to take his sword out, but stopped when he saw Kagome shaking his head at him.

"Well, now it's my turn to give my gift," Kouga said. He turns to Kagome and kneeled down.

"Kagome, my gift to you is for you to become my woman and spend the rest of your life we me," Kouga said. Kagome just stood there gaping at him. Inuyasha was shocked as well and started stuttering incomprehensible words. In the back, Miroku muttered, "Boy he sure moves fast."

Kagome turned to look at Inuyasha and saw that he was already starting to get ready to attack Kouga, so she quickly said, "Kikyo, why don't you give your gift now."

Kikyo stood up and approached Naraku. Every eye in the room was on the pair. What an unlikely and disastrous match… "I will allow you to live another day." Kikyo said lowly. "That is a more than gracious gift."

Inuyasha began. "That was kinda…"

"Lame?" Kagome asked. Inuyasha nodded in response.

"Well it is the thought that counts." Kouga shrugged.

Next it was Sesshoumaru. He faced Inuyasha, and said," My gift to you is that I won't try stealing the Tetsusaiga for a week. After that watch your back." Everyone just looked at him, until Naraku spoke up.

"My turn to give my gift," Naraku said. He turns to Sesshoumaru and said," For my gift to you, you may have any youkai parts that is part of me with a shikon shard in it." Now everyone just stared at Naraku, and Kagome wondered why she had even invited those three to be part of this in the first place.

Sango sighed exasperatedly. It was her turn. She shoved a rectangular box into Miroku's hand. It was a box of chocolate. "Universal gift." She mumbled.

Miroku raised his eyebrow in a suggestive manner. "You know they say chocolate is aphrodisiac." He ducked just in time to dodge Sango's boomerang. "Your gift would be a date with me." Miroku winked.

Sango's eyebrow twitched dangerously. She didn't even reply as she turned away from the hentai priest. "Anyone wants to trade gifts here?!" She called.

An all-out brawl ensured after. Rin and Shippo ignored the fighting adults and continued to investigate Shippo's gift from Jaken. Sango tried desperately to stop the others from killing each other.

Kagome didn't even try. It was no use. She left the group to their petty squabble and climbed out onto the roof. She pulled her knees up and rested her chin there. She sighed. It was such a nice night, had it not been the rowdy brawl inside. She heard footsteps muffled by the snow behind her. She didn't turn around. She knew who it was.

Inuyasha seated himself next to Kagome. There was a comfortable silence that enveloped the couple. Inuyasha still shifted in his seat though.

"Don't worry Inuyasha, I'm not marrying Kouga. Besides, I'm too young." Kagome grinned at the hanyou.

Inuyasha turned away. "Feh! Why would I be worried about something like that?!"

Kagome rolled her eyes. He could deny it all he wanted but she knew he cared. "Inuyasha?"

"Yea?"

"Let's not do this next year."

"Let's not."

Kagome leaned her head onto Inuyasha's shoulder. Inuyasha tentatively reached over and hugged her shoulder, to shield and protect her from the cold. So they just sat there, watching as the pure untainted snow fell upon the world and the stars that shined down upon them from the heavens above.

A.N.: We hope you enjoy this fic. Happy Holidays from us!!