InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets Beneath the Surface ❯ Missing ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, or the song “Missing” by Evanescence, but I do own the plot and all of its many twists and turns!
 
Author's Note:. I strongly suggest listening to the song included in this chapter while reading it, the song fits like a glove(must be the 3minute and 26 second version)
 
Secrets Beneath the Surface
 
Missing
 
Please, please forgive me,
But I won't be home again
 
Kagome sat in the chair as she awaited the approach of her flight. She clutched the small handbag, already searched by security, tightly in both hands. She could feel tears stinging at the corners of her already red eyes. Oddly, as much as she wished for it, the tears weren't for the friends she wouldn't see for who know how long, but instead, Kagome found they were for Sesshoumaru. I'm so sorry, Sesshoumaru. I just couldn't do it again. You don't need someone like me in your life to screw it up. I was a mistake, but I learned my lesson, and I'm leaving the scene of the crime…we both need a fresh start.
 
Maybe someday you'll look up,
And, barely conscious, you'll say to no one,
“Isn't something missing?”
 
Kagome looked at the space around her, all the hustle and bustle of the airport, and wanted to be part of it. There was nothing to keep her here, her home. She belonged no more than a tourist with a camera and an endless supply of film. Sango and Miroku couldn't keep her here; they had a life of their own. Her mother and grandfather were dead, and her brother lived halfway across the world. Kagome fought to hold down the lump forming in her throat. He could have kept me here. He could have made me regret leaving…he could have stopped me…if he wasn't married. “I wonder if he'll regret it…ever.” Kagome asked out loud without realizing she was voicing her thoughts to the world. “Did we even have anything?” she asked, her voice quivering with the need to know. She had loved him, but had he loved her?
 
You won't cry for my absence, I know-
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant…?
Am I that insignificant…?
Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?
 
Kagome ran a distracted hand through her long unkempt locks of black hair, pulled back in a hasty ponytail. She tried to calm herself; she knew she was on the brink of hysteria. I'm leaving and you won't care. You've got a family that loves you. Rin…this is for you…you'll never know how precious you are to me…you'll never know what you are to me. As of now, I'm nothing to you. Sesshoumaru…I never was anything to you…but a toy…a game…yet I still love you. She cried softly into the palms of her hands. Hearing the call to board the plane, Kagome gripped the bag in her hands even tighter as she made her way over to the line of other people…strangers. Most of them were tourists or businessmen. Kagome handed the stewardess her ticket, her hand shaking slightly. Clutching the bag to her chest, she took one frantic look back, knowing she would never again take in the sight of the place she had called home her entire life.
She placed a hand over her aching heart and bit her tongue to fight back the tears. Something was missing in her heart, and she knew what it was. As she took her assigned seat on the plane, she unzipped the bag before her and withdrew a picture. She stared into the piercing eyes of the man she loved…had always loved…still loved, and couldn't help but wonder as the plane took off. Will he miss me?
 
Even though I'd be sacrificed,
You won't try for me, not now
Though I'd die to know you love me
I'm all alone.
Isn't someone missing me?
 
Kagome slowly tucked the picture back into the bag and laid her head back in all hopes, vain hopes, of getting a wink of sleep. She was so tired. The sacrificed she had made were extreme. Her hormones were in hyper drive and there was nothing she could do about it. Kagome was suddenly angry; her small hands tightened into fists, leaving marks from her nails on the soft surface of her palms. He never even came to me…he never even tried. She blinked back the tears that threatened to throw her back into a grieving state. She massaged her temples with her thumbs, willing the aching headache to just go away. What I'd do just to hear him say he loves me…just one more time. Now, because of our secret…I'm left alone with the consequences…I already had so little, and you took even that away. Kagome pressed her head against the glass of the window, reveling in the feel of the cold against her heated skin. I just want you to miss me…
 
And if I bleed, I'll bleed,
Knowing you don't care.
And if I sleep just to dream of you
And wake without you there
Isn't something missing
Isn't something…
 
Kagome felt someone drape something warm over her form as she began to fall into a fog of sleep. She, for some reason, fought to stay conscious as she drifted. I'm alone now… she thought as she pulled the blanked up to her chin. Sesshoumaru is a thing of the past. She felt herself slink deeper into sleep. As the dream world unfolded, her knight in shining armor stood before her, his long silver locks flowing behind him in unbidden waves of silk. Kagome sighed as he reached out to her, a small smile pulling at his lips. Only in my dreams. She thought as he pulled her to him, claiming her mouth in a searing kiss. She pulled back after a minute, brushing strands of hair back from his perfect face. Her fingers brushed his cheek, her eyes sad. But something's missing.
 
Author's Note: Yay! Another chapter! I love this story and really enjoy writing it! I just hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I love writing it. I think the next chapter is going to actually focus on Sesshoumaru's thoughts…another secret is reveled…unless I do it differently…You never know with me! I know that it's kind of short, but with the song it couldn't be helped… Please Review! It spurs me to write more… sooner!!!