InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sengoku Shorts ❯ Trust ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

For: Stoicstella
Fandom: Inuyasha
Characters: Sango, Kirara
Theme: Trust
Words: 200
 
Trust
 
Kirara had trusted Midoriko. She was the only person Kirara allowed to ride her. With her mistress's untimely death, Kirara wandered about aimlessly, forlorn. She growled at anyone who came near her, and shook off those foolish enough to try to tame her.
 
After a long time, she found herself back at the demon slayer village. A young girl was playing with an even smaller boy, practicing with some weapon.
 
“Hey, Kohaku, look!” the little girl pointed. “A demon cat!”
 
The little boy fell back. “Don't go near it, Sango. It looks scary!”
 
“She's not scary, Kohaku,” Sango smiled, “She's beautiful.”
 
Kirara looked into Sango's shining face. This girl was full of warmth, and kindness, and… strength. Kirara had not detected such inner-strength in a human since the fall of Midoriko.
 
“Ahh, sis, it's coming closer!” Kohaku inched backward.
 
Kirara went up to Sango and nuzzled her hand. She seemed to be saying, “It's okay…”
 
Sango's eyes widened. Was this creature asking her to ride her?
 
-
 
Kirara flew through the air with Sango on her back. She hadn't felt so fulfilled in a long, long time. And that was how the bond of trust grew between Sango and Kirara.