InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Senshi Unleased ❯ Memories and Power ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Memories and Power

"Lord Sesshoumaru, are you okay?" Jaken cried, poking his master's side with the staff of heads.

Sesshoumaru slowly opened his eyes and studied his surroundings, "Damn!" He whispered, pulling himself into a sitting position.

"Don't move," a voice ordered from behind him.

Sesshoumaru and Jaken turned their heads as a short old lady watched them from a rock.

"You?" Sesshoumaru growled, jumping up. Pain filled his body and he angrily let out a cry. He's hands automatically grabbed his side and he glared at the old woman.

"You baka, you just fell off a cliff. You are going to be in pain for a while. Unless..." The witch smiled wickedly.

"Unless? Who do you think you are? Do you know you are talking to the greatest demon in the world?" Jaken yelled.

The old women smirked, "I know who this man is. I was the one who took half his power. However, I am willing to give it back to him; ONLY if he does one thing." she said walking towards them.

"One thing? Why should I do anything for you? You have my youkai powers and I want them back." Sesshoumaru yelled.

"Why don't you shut-up and listen to what I have to say." The witch yelled.

"HOW DAR-" Sesshoumaru began but stopped when the woman poked him in the side.

The witched smiled, "You must promise me that once I give you back your powers; you will go after the girl. Once you have her, I want you to decide if you're going to love her or let her go. She doesn't need all this pain in her heart." The witch glared, holding a ball of energy in front of Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru blushed for a moment and the thought of killing the woman crossed his mind. He realized he was wasting time and nodded his in agreement. The witched smiled and held the ball to his face. Bright blue lights came out of it and as soon as it disappeared, Sesshoumaru felt power flow through his body.

"Master?" Jaken asked, as Sesshoumaru stood up.

"Now go and get her," The witch said pointing to a path.

"What makes you think I won't kill you for everything you have done?" Sesshoumaru asked.

"If it wasn't for me... Rin wouldn't be like this. It would also mean you wouldn't have these feelings for her. Don't you think it's better for the both of you if you just stopped putting on an act and accept your feelings?" The witch asked.

"Feelings? Act? I don't have to hear this," Sesshoumaru growled walking away.

"Lord Sesshoumaru what do I do?" Jaken asked.

"Go back home, I shall return with Rin later." He ordered disappearing into the dark.


~~~~~

"My little girl, I'm sorry." A lady with short black hair whispered.

"Who are you?" Rin asked, looking into the lady's purple colored eyes.

The women smiled lovingly and ran her fingers through Rin's hair, "I'm your mother, Hotaru. I wasn't expecting you to remember me."

"You can't be my mother. She died long ago... she didn't look anything like you." Rin yelled.


"I'm sorry, Rin. I'm sorry for everything I have done." Hotaru whispered.

"What do you mean?" Rin asked.


Hotaru stood there for a moment looking at her child. "You have turned into what I use to be. Dark eyes... long hair... everything." Hotaru whispered.

Rin looked at her confused, but soon remembered her sudden change.

"I was once an evil person that destroyed many people's lives. I didn't have a care or a worry in the world and I thought I could have anything I wanted. However, all my power and happiness didn't last long. I slowly realized I was lonely and I wouldn't be able to find someone to love me if I didn't change who I was. I soon feel in love with a man that had the same heart as mine. We both had a hard life and wanted a release from all the pain we caused. I thought he loved me, as much as I loved him, but I soon found out he wanted me for my powers. It was too late for me to do anything, because at the time I was 8 months pregnant with child. I thought maybe once the baby was born, everything would work out. That thought didn't last long because a few nights later I heard him say he was going to drain the baby and take her life and mine. To think, the man I loved would kill our child for more power. So I did the only thing I could think of and gave my child to another family. I apologized to the rest of the town for all the terror I caused them, and asked them to protect my child. Knowing you were safe, I let my power go and died."

Rin looked into Hotaru's eyes with pain and sorrow. It was too much for her to take, but something told her Hotaru was telling the truth.

"So you are telling me... I'm your daughter? You gave me away and everything I thought was true... was a lie?" Rin whispered.

Hotaru felt the anger from Rin and quickly pulled her into a hug. "I couldn't let you find out. I was going to wait until your father had died, but he stayed around all these years. He already knows what I have done and he has you."


"He has me? What do you mean he has me?" Rin asked staring at her mother.

"I'm sorry... this is all a dream. I'll have to leave you," Hotaru whispered disappearing.

"Wait a minute, you can't do this. I don't understand any of this," Rin yelled, running after her.

Rin feel to the ground and when she looked back up, she was inside the black ball again.


"Finally woke up, little princess." The dark haired man smiled.

"I'm not..." Rin started but stopped when he raised his hand.

"Of course you are, princess. I know everything about you. I am your father, Eugenus. I have waited many years for this moment and I won't let it get away from me again. Your mother was very smart to give you away to a village family. But, it wasn't smart enough. I soon caught on and gave your village family a little thank you gift," he laughed.

"Y-you had them killed?" Rin screamed.

"Yeah, I'm surprise you came back to life. Even if I couldn't have your powers... it was better that you were out of my way. But I wasn't expecting that dog youkai to find and save you."


"Even if my family lived or if I would have stayed with Sesshoumaru-sama, I wouldn't have known anything about you." Rin yelled.

"You would have found out about me anyway," Genus smiled. "It doesn't matter anyway... you will soon be on my side."

Rin looked around as the black ball around her faded. She floated in the air and a dark rush ran through her body.

"Don't try to fight this," Eugenus whispered into her mind.

"STOP IT!" Rin screamed.

"Come on Rin... it will be fun. Think of all the power you could have. Think about the friends and love you will have. You'll also learn so much more about your real family. No more lies, Rin, just the truth." his voice whispered.

"Yes, the truth, my real family." Rin moaned as she gave up to the power completely.

Eugenus smiled and took over Rin's mind completely. She looked blankly at him and he took her hand. "Rin, you will help me for now on. Use your dark power and we can kill all who is in our way." he laughed.

"Yes father, together we will kill all." Rin smiled.


THANKS TO ALL WHO IS READING AND REVIEWING! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!