InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sesshomaru's Shard ❯ Sesshomaru's Shard ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sesshomaru's Shard

Sango and Miroku enter Sesshomaru's Palace.

It was late on the night of the New Moon, and Sango and Miroku were riding Kilala towards the palace where Kagome had sensed a Sacred Jewel Shard.

It was a large and beautiful palace with tall trees set neatly around it as well as laid thickly about the outer parts of it. They looked as if they made up the owner's own private forest. There was also a tall stone wall marking the property outside of the trees, hoping to stathe off intruders.

Sango: Land just inside the wall, Kilala. In the trees if you can.

Kilala did as Sango instructed and they were soon on the ground, hidden in the protection of the trees.

Sango: Let's split up-I'll check the front and you go around back. Check every room and watch for any demon traps. We'll meet back here in one hour.

Miroku: Right. But tell me, how are we supposed to find the jewel shard without Kagome?

Sango: I told you we are not looking for the jewel shard just yet. We're just looking around this place to see if there are any demons or just a human who is in possession of the jewel shard, how powerful they are, and what ever else we find that will assist InuYasha when he is no longer in his human state.

Miroku: I know, but I just thought we ought to look now and get it over with. There's something about this place that feels-I don't know. It just feels wrong. I've felt this feeling befor, but I can't place where or when.

Sango: Just scout the palace and watch for anything suspicious, and be careful.

Miroku nodded and they ran quietly to the palace, Kilala keeping a watchfull eye in the forest for them. Whoever owned it was probably asleep as no lights shone, and it was still as death, save for some fireflies fluttering about. Miroku went to the back and Sango to the front, as planned. When she got to the porch of the vast palace she crept closely to the walls, searching the grounds and in the rooms. So far each room was without an occupant, only filled with grand and exotic ornaments and statues of far away places, which were gathered by the owner in his or her travels. Some, also, were from local places, though much to expensive for most people to be able to afford. One room in particular had a fine velvet rug that had a unique design. It was blue with a gold circle and red flowers in the corners, and in the middle there were elegantly placed purple and blue lillies and white diamond shapes and with softly curved gold lines that resembled ivy vines, which thinly clung and wrapped around them in light and dark green colors.

Sango marveled at the décor of the rooms and envied the extravigant items. She admired the beauiful and rare rugs and even some paintings that accented the rooms perfectly, as if painted specifically for them. If only she could afford but one of them she would be happy and have the feel of a princess, in her mind. She began to harbor a better idea of whoever was the owner of the fine castle and the extrordinary items.

Sango: This place is so elegant; I don't think the demon or human who lives here could be that bad. Perhaps they only wish to have the Jewel shard as some sort of trophy of glamour.

She continued to walk about the palace and it became apparent to here that there were no vassels or servents to the master of the house. There were no animals, either, though that seemed less strange than the lack of attendants and guards.

Sango: Who ever lives here must feel quite secure by himself.

She came upon a two-door room. It was obvious to Sango that this must be the owner of the palace's room. She quietly slid open one of the grand doors and found the only form of human or demon life.

Sango: This must be the Lord of the castle.

She opened further to get a better view of the person. There was someone sleeping with his or her back to the door. Sango gasped as she saw the person in whole. He had long white hair and was using as a pillow a large cloak made of whitish-tan fur. Leaning against the wall were two swords, one thin and sheethed, the other wide and without cover.

Sango: (it can't be…)

She quietly krept inside, the floor squeeking softly benethe her feet. She got up to the man and pulled away a few strands of hair covering some of his face.

Sango: (Sesshomaru!)

She froze, her hand still holding his hair and her body slightly shaking. Sesshomaru let out a sleeping sigh but remained asleep. She held her breath as she slowly backed away however remained in the room.

Sango: (If Sesshomaru owns this place, he is the one with the Sacred Jewel shard. This doesn't bode well for InuYasha.)

She eyed the two swords and got an idea.

Sango: (I'll take the Tokijin and Tenseiga away from him. That way InuYasha's Windscar will work and Sesshomaru won't be able to disarm InuYasha with the Tokijin as he did last time.)

She silently snuck over to the far wall where Sesshomaru's swords lay. This meant walking around him, a task not wanted by Sango. She did it anyway, listening carefully to his breathing so as to be for-warned should he awaken. His was slow and shallow, signaling he was in deep slumber. His one hand was tucked under his head and his face seemed without worry or malcontent. Sango thought he might be dreaming and prayed he stay in it until she and Miroku were far away from his palace. Suddenly she heard footsteps coming from the hall and quickly took shelter behind an oriental room divider. She slowed her breathing and did not peak out to see who it was who was coming, though she figured it could only be Jakken.

The footsteps got nearer and got infront of the door. It was in fact not Jakken, only Rin, but Sango did not know of this child and didn't look out until she knew they were gone. Rin walked sleepily into the room, curious as to why the door was open but too tired to think anything more of it. She mearly checked to see if Sesshomaru was sleeping, found he was, then yawned and went back to her own room, shutting the door behind her. A few seconds and Sango let out a breath of relief and emurged from her hiding spot and proceeded to her mission.

Sango: (Damn Jakken. He could have woken up Sesshomaru and I would be done for right now. I will have to hurry. I hope Miroku hasn't run into any trouble as I may have, should Sesshomaru wake.)

She had almost reached the swords, streaching out her hand to them while trying to maintain most of herself behind her hiding spot when there came a terrible ruckus from outside. Miroku had stumbled into Ah-Uun's stables and ran screaming from the place when the large two-headed horse monster chased him through the property. Sesshomaru stirred but didn't fully wake until Jakken burst into the room, shouting in a panic.

Jakken: Me Lord!! Ah-Uun has snared himself an intruder! He is chasing him into the forest, me Lord!

Sesshomaru clubbed Jakken's head for waking him so abruptly. He calmly yet angrily got up to check things out.

--My oppologies for disturbing your rest, me Lord, but hurry, as the intruder is far off! This way, Master! The intruder's among the trees now!

Sesshomaru: Acursed imp…

He spoke under his breath and started to leave. He was not dressed in his usual kimono and armor, but only in a white night kimono with some of the same design on it as his usual wear. He was at the door when he remembered his swords. He walked to where Sango was hiding, the swords right next to the room divider, and stopped.

Sesshomaru: (there is someone here. A human. I can smell their fear.)

Sango: (please don't find me. I hope he can't smell me.)

As she feared she saw his clawed hand grasp the edge of the wooden divider and start to pull it back. As he did so, Sango grabbed hold of her Hiraikots and bludged him upwards on his head befor he got a look at her and grabbed for the swords while he stumbled backwards. She only mannaged to steel the Tenseiga but escaped the room befor Sesshomaru managed to retain his ground and find her out. She ran with great haste, faster than she could ever remember running befor to the forest where Kilala and Miroku awaited her. She saw Ah-Uun and Jakken and had to redirect her path. Ah-Uun saw her, but Jakken was turned around. The two-headed demon roared and chased after her, but she was all too soon in the trees for him to catch her. Jakken wasted no time traking her, perhaps still not knowing the identity of the intruders. She hid herself in a tree's branches as Jakken wondered through and when he got to the one she was in she clubbed him with her large boomerang, knocking him out. Sesshomaru was there in no time at all, clawing the trees and was so very close to the one she was in. He was patient and began to sniff her out, a look of immense anger on his face.

Sango: (I've got to get out of here without him noticing me, or Kilala and Miroku just the same. But how?)

Sesshomaru: I know you're here, Human. Show yourself.

As angry as he was he still kept a calm voice however tinged with fury. She kept her place, a few yards from him in her tree, and waited for something-anything to happen to help her escape, or be seen by Sesshomaru. He sighted Jakken lying on the ground and sneered, more so in aggitation to the imp's carelessness rather than in anger to his being knocked unconscious.

Sesshomaru: What a bafoon, Jakken.

He headed for her. She could throw her weapon as he had never seen her use it, but he knew she had it and could very well identify her. After all, how many humans out there carry a giant boomerang made of a demon's bone? There was a rustle far to the left of her in the trees which cought Ah-Uun's attention as well as Sesshomaru's. He flew at demon's pace over to the noise and gave Sango her opportunity to escape.

Sango: (that must be Miroku and Kilala. They must've known he was about to discover me.

Off in the other part of the woods, Miroku rode Kilala on the ground, avoiding the skies, as they would be seen.

Miroku: Hurry, Kilala. We have to draw their attention away from Sango.

Kilala agreed in a low growl. They hurriedly ran through the forest averting Sesshomaru's attention.

As he got closer they switched their path, twisting and turning, leading him away.

Miroku: It's working. Sango is safe, for now. Now let's figure a way out for ourselves, shall we?

Kilala agreed. They found themselves in a clearing with a lake stretching a bit ahead of them. They were exposed.

Miroku: Now what?

Back where Sango was, she saw Jakken stirr so she jumped out of the tree and used him as her soft landing. That put him out for a little while longer.

Sango: I must find Miroku and get us out of here.

She ran in the direction they were last sounding to be. Then she heard a familiar buzzing in the sky. She looked up to find dozens of Naraku's insects flying over the forest on their way to Sesshomaru's palace. Naraku noticed them as well and Kilala growled at them.

Miroku: Quiet, Kilala, unless you want to be found by either them or Sesshomaru…or both.

She became silent and waited. Sesshomaru gazed up and saw the insects as well.

Sesshomaru: (Naraku's poisonous insects. What would they be doing here?)

Then it hit him-Rin had found a shard of the Shikohn Jewel and Sesshomaru had told her to disguard it, knowing Naraku would send one of his incarnations or his insects to retrieve it and would sooner avoid him and his carnies. However, this would likely ensure his finding Naraku easier and he could destroy him as he wanted to do, though never befor cared to seek out the wretched half-demon. He told Rin she could have it if she wanted. Now he felt to regret it. Naraku's insects were flying right for his home, right to Rin's room. Quickly he ran to the castle, killing as many insects along the way as he could, and made his way to Rin's room.

Miroku: I never thought I'd be happy to see those insects. But this is our chance for an escape.

Sango: Miroku!

Sango called out to him and she was in the clearing and to them.

--Let's get out of here befor those insects come after us!

They left flying out of the forest as fast as Kilala could carry them and without being seen by the insects. Meanwhile Sesshomaru quickly made his way to Rin's door, slashing every insect that tried to get in. Soon the hall way was littered with dead insect carcases, most cut in half, others had less remaining to them. About this time Jakken decided to stroll up and assist his master, only just awaking from his second nap.

Jakken: Allow me to destroy these few who remain.

Sesshomaru: Fine.

At the ending of the insects Sesshomaru cought a greater scent in the air-the scent of numerous demons, countless on their way out from the clouds to Sesshomaru's castle.

Jakken: Me Lord! More demons aproach!

Sesshomaru: He seems adamant about getting Rin's shard. He should know his mission is doomed to fail.

He took hold to Tokijin and aimed at the band of demons. He fired and rid of almost half of the swarm, but still more came. The sped to the hight of the castle and was met by Sesshomaru, who jumped on the roof. Again he swung Tokijin at them and more died and more came. They came at such a rate he could not take them all out at once, and for every one he killed another was there to take it's place.

Jakken: There are too many!

He was doing his part to kill the demons of Naraku's

with his staff, blasting fire at them. He was fruitless as well as the all kept coming. They ended up chasing him around the ground.

Sesshomaru: Nonsence. They are no match for me. I will sathe them off and you take care of Rin. Take her to Ah-Uun.

Jakken: Yes, Master.

As soon as he could Jakken ran into Rin's room, where the girl slept soundly, not knowing of what was happening outside.

Jakken: Wake up. Rin! Acursed child, awaken!

Rin sleepily opened her eyes and sat up.

Rin: Are we going somewhere?

She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

Jakken: Master Sesshomaru has ordered you come with me to Ah-Uun this instant!

Rin: Okay.

She rested herself back in her bed.

Jakken: Damn child! Get up NOW!

Jakken was becoming irritated. Lazily Rin sat up again, but she didn't at all want to get up and go outside. Out there the demons surrounded Sesshomaru, who only grinned and put away Tokijin. He flexed his claws and shot out at them his poison, which took out plenty of them and this time, fewer filled for the fallen. They surrounded Sesshomaru but he only smiled at the rising challenge. He welcomed them to attack him and when they did he furiously clawed them, poisoned them, and whipped them. Unfortunatelly he had left his side at Rin's room and was beating the wicked beasts a few rooms down in his vast home. Jakken was still having a hard time getting Rin out of bed. While Sesshomaru was not looking, too distracted by slaghtering the rest of Naraku's demons with his Tokijin a band of them flew behind him and crashed through the celing of Rin's room.

Her screams could be heard as well as the panicy shouts from Jakken by Sesshomaru and he hurried to her aid. The demons, it seemed, did not want him to reach her as they surrounded him and wrapped themselves about his body hoping to contain him. They were not long lasting in their capture for Sesshomaru let out all the poison he could along with enormous energy from his sword, the demons soon let go-in tiny pieces they flaked off of him. Inside her room Rin called for Sesshomaru's help.

Rin: Lord Sesshomaru! Where are you?! Help!

Jakken: Never fear, Rin-I, Jakken, will rid us of these wretched demons!

Her security would've been better believed had Jakken not taken shelter behind her, waving his staff about like a mad man.

Jakken: Get out! Damn demons! Take a hike!

The demons surrounded her just as the others had Sesshomaru and tightly bound her to them. They set off to leave, their prize in hand, for Rin held the jewel shard in hers. She would not give it up so they took her along. This, actually, was probably one of Naraku's orders. As they made their way out Sesshomaru clawed down the door and lept for the demons.

Jakken: Master Sesshomaru! Those demons are getting away with Rin, Me Lord. What are you going to do?

Sesshomaru: They invaded my territory. I will have to kill them for their intrusion as I have their predecessors.

As he lept for them more came out and obstructed his path to Rin's captures. In a second they were out and within the confinings of the clouds, on their way home. Sesshomaru destroyed all the remaning demons with Tokijin and when he was through he cursed himself quietly for letting the others escape.

Sesshomaru: Damn that demon, Naraku. He will not get away with invading my house.

He hid his concern for Rin, although Jakken knew quite well how protective he was of her.

Jakken: (it looks like we're going for Naraku.)

He was not at all happy about it. Meanwhile, Sango, Miroku, and Kilala decended to where InuYasha, Kagome, and Shippo waited.

Kagome: Sango! Miroku! You're back! What did you find?

InuYasha: I could'a went. I don't need to be stuck here like some weak fool.

Miroku: But InuYasha, you are weak.

InuYasha: You want to come here and tell me that!?

Miroku grinned somewhat and hopped off of Kilala. Sango did the same, and each had a more serious look on them than when they had left.

Kagome: What's the matter? Did you find a demon?

InuYasha: Does it have a jewel shard?

They looked down at first, then directly into InuYasha's eyes.

Shippo: You both look so serious-did something happen? C'mon, what did you two find?

Sango: Sesshomaru.

They all gasped.

InuYasha: You mean Sesshomaru has the jewel shard?!

Kagome: He owns that palace I sensed the jewel fragment at?

Shippo: That's not good.

Miroku: He almost spotted Sango and I as we departed. If he had, he might have come looking for us and found you in your mortal form, InuYasha.

Sango: It gets worse. Naraku's poisonous insects came just as we were leaving. If it's any consolation, I did manage to get his Tenseiga, though I opted for both his swords. Did you see Naraku's insects?

Kagome: Yeah, we saw them flying over. I had to command InuYasha to stay befor he got hurt.

InuYasha: Did you guys see the hord of Naraku's other demons?

Sango and Miroku looked at eachother. They hadn't seen the mass of hidious demons because they were too busy escaping without being seen by Sesshomaru and the insects.

--They got there right after the insects. Then we saw them leave after a while, just befor you guys showed up.

Kagome: And I sense the jewel shard that was at the palace is getting further away.

Miroku: Naraku's demons must've gotten it. That makes finding and retrieving it more difficult.

Shippo: More like impossible.

InuYasha looked up, his eyes searching the vast night sky and clouds.

InuYasha: If we could just find those demons, we could follow them. But they dissapeared. Damn! Can't we catch a break here?!

He punched his hands together and stared at the ground.

Shippo: InuYasha, look!

He pointed to the sky.

InuYasha: I don't believe it-

Up above Sesshomaru and Jakken rode Ah-Uun swiftly through the sky, following the scent of Naraku's demons, which also carried Naraku's scent as well.

--There's our break! Let's follow him.

No one argued and Sango, Kagome and Shippo rode aboard Kilala and InuYasha jumped and ran along side them. They had followed Sesshomaru on his horse demon so long daybreak came. Ah-Uun started to decend and Kilala and InuYasha copied. They remained close to the ground and avoided Sesshomaru, not wanting them to know they were following him.

Shippo: I'm so tired-can't we rest or something?

InuYasha: You've been riding on Kilala, not having to move a muscle, why should you be tired?

Kagome sneered at him and he shut up. Sesshomaru and Jakken were about a mile ahead of them and Jakken, too, was complaining.

Jakken: Master Sesshomaru, mighten't we just forget about the girl and the jewel? We still have no idea where Naraku is at and those demons of his are far ahead and fading into the distance.

Sesshomaru: We cannot rest, Jakken. The sun is coming up and soon they will use it for cover. We must get going. Go on with Ah-Uun, I will catch up.

Jakken: Where are you going, Master?

Sesshomaru: Don't waste time-get up there and follow them.

Without another word Jakken did as he was ordered. Sesshomaru, in the meantime, ran and jumped through the woods and soon cought back to InuYasha and the others.

Miroku: It's Sesshomaru!

InuYasha: What do you want here?

Sesshomaru: Why are you following me?

InuYasha was still as a mortal as the sun hadn't completely risen yet, but still he drew his sword. Sesshomaru didn't seem at all surprised to see him as such and re-enstated his question.

InuYasha: What would make you think we would want to follow you, you sorry excuse for a demon!?

Sesshomaru scowled at his little brother, who soon changed back into his half-demon state.

---Run away now, befor I slice you up, you old dog. Then again, stick around and stay a while. I want some early morning exercise.

Apparently ignoring InuYasha, Sesshomaru looked at Sango who still held onto the Tenseiga. Realization hit him as he stepped closer to them.

Sesshomaru: I see. It was you, girl, who intruded my room and stole my Tenseiga. You are a brave, yet very foolish child. I don't know why I didn't recognize your scent when you were there. But who was it who was with you, I wonder? That big cat of yours, no doubt.

Sango: I don't have to explain to you! I didn't even know it was your home.

Sesshomaru: So you break into places out of habbit then?

Sango growled under her breath and shot a nasty look at him. She didn't like at all the way he was making her out to be. She was not some common criminal. She was not a criminal at all and that was his assumption of her.

--I have no time to waste on such ignorance. I will be back for my sword you took from me. And I warn you now, stay away from me.

InuYasha: What-are you leaving?

Sango: why are you so set on getting back a sword you don't even like? A sword you can't even use?

Sesshomaru: Oh, I can use it. I may not like it but I do not tolorate having things stolen from me. Until we meet again. Farewell.

He turned and left them. They were all dumbfounded at his eagerness to leave and have them all stay off his back. They were even more surprised at his admittance to being able to use the sword, and perhaps having used it befor.

Kagome: Can he really use it?

Miroku: Not a chance. He's too black hearted to be able to. Remember what Totosai said; only if he had kindness to humans could he use it. And I doubt he's changed at all since last we met him. He seeks to destroy humanity, not save it.

InuYasha: He cares only for his property. That's the only reason he's going after Naraku. To get his jewel shard back. And once he's got it, I'll kill him and take it from him.

Miroku: Well, we had better hurry up and catch up with him. As long as he doesn't know about us we should be just fine.

InuYasha: (he'll know. He may not do anything, but he'll know.)

They ignored Sesshomaru's warning to stay away and followed as they had, perhaps a few yards behind further than they had started. Sesshomaru cought up to Ah-Uun and mounted him once more.

Jakken: Me Lord, I am glad you are back. Where did you go?

Sesshomaru: To deliver business.

Jakken: Huh?

Sesshomaru said nothing more of it and Jakken knew not to repeat the question. One could shorten his life that way.

At Naraku's grey and dead castle Kanna used her mirror to inform him of everyone's approach. Kagura stood aside, listening in.

Naraku: Everyone is on their way. Even Sesshomaru. I wonder why he is coming after this human girl. Perhaps it is the jewel she contains that he seeks to regain and not her.

Kagura: (Sesshomaru and InuYasha are both coming to Naraku's castle. Maybe I can finaly be rid of him.)

Naraku: Kagura. Release Shikomaru. Your brother is hungry for flesh and bone.

Shikomaru was Naraku's newest incarnation. He was apparently obedient to him, unlike Kagura. Still, she did as she was told and ventured to Shikomaru's cage. It was giant, as it would have to be to house a snake such as Shikomaru. A giant snake was his true demon form, however he could assume human form. Though obedient, Naraku kept him caged to assure further protection, not just from Shikomaru, but from his powers as well.

Shikomaru

Sesshomaru and InuYasha fight the snake demon, Shikomaru

The hords of Naraku's demons had escaped Sesshomaru's sight. He still had a fresh and potent scent of Naraku, so he could follow it to his castle. InuYasha and the others quit moving when they saw him and Jakken land and break. Kilala was tired-they had been chasing after Sesshomaru and the demons for an hour with out rest. In fact, the demons had been out of sight for the better half of the hour; only about the first twenty minutes were any of the chasers able to completely see and follow them. They trusted in Sesshomaru and InuYasha's noses to carry them the rest of the way.

Kagome: I think it's about time we got a break.

Sango: Kilala is just exhausted.

The big cat poofed into the little Kilala and curled up on Sango's lap. It was coming up on eight o'clock in the morning, according to Kagome. Everyone was tired and no one had gotten any sleep the previous night. Lucky Jakken got to sleep on much of the journey, so he didn't complain when Sesshomaru made him go out and fetch some water and breakfast. Though Sesshomaru wasn't all too hungry, he just wanted to give Jakken errands. Ah-Uun grazed on some grass while laying down in the cool shade. Sesshomaru felt they were wasting time, however he couldn't very well catch Naraku with an exhausted steed and no rest to himself, though he didn't need any rest. He sought a low branch in the tree under which Ah-Uun sat and ate and decidid to sit up in it.

Sesshomaru: (Naraku's scent is strong here therefor his castle must be close.)

Jakken: Master Sesshomaru! I have the water, unfortunately I was unable to find breakfast.

Sesshomaru: Give Ah-Uun some water and then fetch some more.

Jakken: Yes, me Lord.

Jakken watered the two-headed horse and went off in a huff to fetch more. He took longer this time to come back, wading in the river some while to cool down and rest his feet. It was a bit of a hike from where it flowed to where his master and the animal sat.

--Master,

Sesshomaru: Yes, Jakken?

Jakken: If we are to catch up to Naraku, should we not leave now?

Sesshomaru: It would be benificial to stay, Jakken. Naraku is no doubt expecting us. If we go in now without a plan or any clue as to what he has in store for us that would be as if we had given him permission to kill us.

Jakken: Surely you are not afraid of any incarnation of his!

Sesshomaru: Of course not. However he will be most determined to keep us away. We should not go in swinging a sword at whatever moves like a neanderthal. Using our heads and choosing the most expedient path will ensure our victory and get us to Naraku, where then I will slay him.

He looked to the sun, then decided the rest of their voyage.

--We will walk from here and take on his castle durring the night, as he did mine.

InuYasha and the others were walking in Sesshomaru's direction even though InuYasha constantly confermed they were no longer following him, that they were going by InuYasha's nose now. For hours they all walked at a quick pace, apparently thinking they ought to go in and storm Naraku's castle durring the night. They stopped for lunch; a very quick lunch, and then headed off again. Finaly InuYasha told them that their spot in the forest they had come upon would serve their waiting place until nightfall.

Miroku: We have a while to wait so we ought to get as much rest as possible.

Sango: We can use this time to come up with a plan. We can't just go in unprepared and unaware.

InuYasha: You two get your rest and plan your attack. I'm just gonna sit here and wait for the sun to go down.

Kagome: They're right, InuYasha. We really need to know what we're going to be doing, here.

Shippo: We can't all be like you and go in swinging our swords aimlessly like you do, InuYasha!

InuYasha punnished Shippo for the outburst and slugged the little fox's head.

InuYasha: I get the job done just fine, don't I? I don't need any plan to use Tetsusaiga. It takes care of all the obsticals by itself. And once they're all clear I'll use it to kill Naraku. Not to mention Sesshomaru.

He spoke the latter under his breath, but Miroku had heard.

Miroku: That's right-we still have Sesshomaru to deal with if he intends to keep the stolen jewel shard for himself.

InuYasha: He won't have it for long.

InuYasha smiled grimly.

Kagome: I can't believe he'd want it. I've seen him use it befor, but only once. Otherwise he never showed much interest in it in his battles with InuYasha.

InuYasha: Enough about him. Shouldn't you people be planning your strategy or something?

He turned his back to them and watched the sun. A while passed as they all contemplated their attack, all but InuYasha, who just listened to them and went over his own plan in his mind.

InuYasha: (I'm gonna bust in, use the Windscar, and take them all out with one swing. Then I'll go for Naraku. I'll finish him off with Tetsusaiga easy and take back the jewel shards he took from Kagome as well as the one he took from Sesshomaru. And if Sesshomaru interferes, he'll die, too.)

Not far ahead Sesshomaru had decided his rout and Jakken was less than pleased with his ideas. He went with them anyway, fearing a shortened life should he not. Then Jakken heard something in the grass move.

Jakken: Master-did you hear that?

Sesshomaru: Yes. I smelled it far off. It's the same scent as Naraku.

Jakken: Another wretched incarnation, no doubt.

Sesshomaru agreed and searched with each of his inhanced demon sences to find the thing. By the way it moved he surmised it was a snake, and a rather large one at that. It began to move up into and through the trees now. While Jakken searched nearvously for the creature Sesshomaru had already aquired it's possition as it stopped slithering about. He lept for the tree in which it sat, coiled in a ball, and slashed the tree apart. The large snake lept from it and into the grass where it was hardly hidden. It set its red serpent eyes on Jakken as it landed and Jakken yelped at the sight of it. Behind the snake Sesshomaru landed and aimed his Tokijin at it.

Sesshomaru: Tell me who you are. I know you are an incarnation of Naraku's. You are smothered with his scent.

The snake turned his head around and peered into Sesshomaru's eyes. He spoke in a low, gruff hiss and answered Sesshomaru's question.

Shikomaru: I am Shikomaru. I am indeed a creation of Naraku's; his most promising creation, here to destroy you.

Shikomaru made a menacing, grotesque serpant smile. He forked his black toungue at his inquirer and enemy and laughed.

Jakken: Laughing at your own demise, are you? What a fool, Naraku, sending a weak demon such as you to challenge Lord Sesshomaru and myself! My master will make quick work of you, Shikomaru!

Shikomaru: Shut your lude mouth. You are not the prime target here, though if you want I can eat you up first, Imp.

Jakken: How dare you say such blasphomy to me!

Sesshomaru: Quiet, Jakken. He clearly has no idea to whom he is matched. Shikomaru, show me your power so that you may die with some honor.

Jakken: No honor to a hethenous incarnation.

Rather than resiprocate an insult Shikomaru struck at Sesshomaru fangs out. The snake received a blow from lightning by the Tokijin and fell back. Sesshomaru contemplated this move or simply moving and have Shikomaru connect with the tree he stood in front of. He decided against the latter for his boasting sword. He would never pass up an opportunity to unleash its power. Shikomaru, however, seemed unharmed, more or less. He rose smoldering from the lightning attack and laughed irritantly at Sesshomaru's try at ending his life.

Shikomaru: I am tougher than some ordinary snake demon. I have powers far beyond your comprehension.

Sesshomaru: I doubt that. So far all I've seen is a meger snake attack with the intent of bitting me. Hardly beyond my comprehension and abbility.

Sesshomaru snickered at the small-felt snake and to his insult Shikomaru decided to reviel some of his true power. He coiled up and awaited the best time to strike. As he sat he consentrated his gaze, lighting his eyes to a tainted yellow.

Sesshomaru: Hypnotism? A fantastic trick, unless used on me. I cannot be hypnotized.

Shikomaru: You have a large ego to match your large power. Who ever suggested I was trying to hypnotize you?

Sesshomaru looked curiously at the snake then turned to see Jakken. He had a look of bewitchment on his face, clearly Shikomaru's target. Jakken then held up his staff of skulls and pointed the old man's head to Sesshomaru. The head opened its dead mouth and spewed out flames. Sesshomaru easily dodged the wide outburst by vacating quickly to the side.