InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sesshomaru's Shard ❯ Naraku's Castle and Death's Hand ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I hope everyone has paid attention here…

~*and what if they haven't?*~

**then I'll have to go back and force read it to them**

~*I remain digitantly doubtful that they'll listen.*~

**Well, I'll make them.**

~*Suuuure you will…no I believe you.*~

**I hate you on so many levels.**

If anyone has a problem with this being too long suck an egg and leave me a messege!! I'll do my best to shorten it as little as I want to!

~**~**~

Sesshomaru's Shard Ch. 3

Naraku's Castle and Death's Hand

Shikomaru's humiliating and painful death lingered about as his body turned to miasma and flooded the premesis. Quickly all hastened out of the area, not wanting to suffer further any of Naraku's poisons. Sesshomaru distanced himself from the others, still carrying Sango's Hiraikotsu but he was not beyond earshot of InuYasha.

InuYasha: So, Naraku knows we're all on the way, huh? And that Shikomaru attacked you as well?

Sesshomaru: Yes. He knows about all of us. That snake made a foolish attempt to kill me but you saw what happened to him.

InuYasha: Is his venom as deadly as he says?

Sesshomaru: It made quick work of Jakken. No doubt your little human girlfriend and that monk will suffer the same fate as he did. That's too bad.

Miroku: This venom isn't enough to take me out, Sesshomaru.

Miroku lied. He was in so much pain he could hardly stand it. He rode Kilala, but every muscle and bone hurt to move and he was finding it very difficult to breathe-just as the effects of the venomous insects. Kagome sat behind Miroku, however her infection hadn't worsened as fast as his had.

Kagome: InuYasha, maybe Miroku and I ought to stay behind. Kilala can watch us and I can help Miroku.

InuYasha: Yeah, that's a good plan.

Miroku: Now wait-I can go…I'm not that…sick.

He practically feinted on Kilala's back. None of the others was going to allow him to join no matter how determined he was to see Naraku's demise. Sesshomaru now spoke.

Sesshomaru: It would be benificial for all of you to return home. You will all be killed befor you reach Naraku if half your company is already out of commission.

Sango: We can handle ourselves just fine!

Sesshomaru shook his head and laughed a bit. He threw Sango's weapon back to her and started off on his way.

---You know you're not much better off! Half of YOUR company is dead and you are going in there solo. You have a worse chance of coming out of this fight alive than we do, Sesshomaru.

She had great determination in her eyes and voice to make him see that she was not some weak little girl. She wanted him to know that she and InuYasha were well capable of handling Naraku by themselves. Perhaps she even wanted him to join them.

Sesshomaru: You believe that. A little human and a half-demon. I would really enjoy seeing your outcome, but I have somewhere to be.

Sango: That Half-Demon is your brother! Don't you know that you're the only family eachother has?! You are so despicable, Sesshomaru! I almost hate you as much as I do Naraku!

With a hint of sorrow and some tears in her eyes because of her memories of her own brother Sango thrust her Hiraikotsu angrily at Sesshomaru who cought it easily in his hand.

--You're wounded. You will die without our help.

InuYasha: Sango just let him go and get himself killed. He doesn't want our help and we certainly don't want his. We'll go in after Naraku kills him off.

Sesshomaru: If I were you, InuYasha, I'd help that girl learn her place. Demon slayer as she may have been, once, she is no more than a girl with an old weapon and failing determination that is run on an overdose of ambition. She is likely to get the both of you killed, and if I were among your little "group" I'm sure I wouldn't stay around long enough to save you.

Once again he tossed Sango's weapon back to her and walked off without them. Ah-Uun flew up over head and he lept onto the demon.

InuYasha: Sango, what were you thinking, fighting with Sesshomaru like that? He could have killed you more than once, you know. And with your own weapon, I might add!

Kagome: Just leave her alone, InuYasha. You have bigger matters to attend to.

Kagome lightly stepped down from Kilala and retrieved her backpack. She got out the medicine she always gave Miroku and sipped some herself.

---We'll be alright now. Perhaps we might even catch up to you.

She smiled sweetly and InuYasha and Sango headed off.

Shippo: Yeah, and I'll even be here to protect them!

InuYasha: Great. Let's go.

Meanwhile, at Naraku's castle, Kanna showed all the events following Shikomaru and his demise by Sesshomaru.

Naraku: Sesshomaru is the first who will visit our humble castle. He appears to be wounded by Shikomaru's venom. This ought to make him easier for you to kill, Kagura.

Kagura: Hmm. He did manage to extract most of the poison from his arm by mixing it with his own and releasing it. How do you know he won't do the same again?

Naraku: I do believe he will try. But you see a bite is different from spit. When he bit Lord Sesshomaru his venom infected his body much quicker than the acid on his arm. This, he will not so easily rid himself of.

Naraku laughed darkly and spied on both companies approaching his fortress. InuYasha and Sango were approaching the fork in the road after walking the three miles as Shikomaru instructed. They hesitantly began to walk to the right befor Sango interviened.

InuYasha: What? Shikomaru said we'd find a fork in the road three miles from where we were and upon reaching to go right. So, what's the problem? Everything he's told us so far has been correct.

Sango: Are you going to so easily trust the word of an incarnation of Naraku's? He said you'd probably smell it…so use your nose, InuYasha. Can you smell Naraku?

InuYasha sniffed. The smell cought his nose and it came from the left path, not the right.

InuYasha: Yeah. From the left. But he said to go on the right path.

Sango: Yes. The right path meaning the correct path. He might have tried to use some last trickery to confuse us and lead us astray. Come on, let's go left.

InuYasha: Right.

Naraku: Kagura. Bring me the little gift that came with the Jewel.

Kagura went and retrieved Rin from the small room where she was kept. Rin was very scared and looked at Kagura with tears in her eyes.

Rin: Kagura-why have you done this? I have done nothing to you. Why?

Kagura: Don't be foolish, girl. Naraku requests your preasance.

Rin's eyes grew fearful.

Rin: Naraku?

Kagura: Yes. He wishes to see you. I cannot disobey.

Kagura grabbed Rin by her tiny wrist and drug her to Naraku's side.

Naraku: Ah. Hello. Rin, isn't it?

Rin nodded, fear ever growing in her expression. Naraku reached inside his robes and pulled out a vile with a blackish-purple thick liquid inside.

---I'm glad I saved some of this. It will come in handy quite well right now.

He pulled Rin to him and opened the vile. A grotesque smell emmitted from it and Rin tried to turn away from it but Naraku cought her by her chin.

--You ought to taste it, child.

He opened her mouth and forced the substance in her mouth and the little girl coughed and gagged as it slithered down her throat. Kagura despised the actions brought upon this little girl by Naraku but she withheld her protest and stood outside the room. His enemies were vast approaching.