InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sesshoumaru's Flame ❯ Hindrances ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: Well... I haven't reached my goal of world domination yet... I blame said failure on IL Palazzo-sama. Anyway, since said goal has not been achieved ... I still own nothing... ah poo.

Chapter Three- Hindrances

'So far so good,' were Sesshoumaru's thoughts as they went streaking through the air. After last night he had thought that this would have been a fairly difficult trip. They were only a little ways away, they could make it home before the sun set if nothing were to hinder them. They had already gone to the requested stream which had also served as a rest stop for them, since it had been a bit further than he had originally thought. After they had stopped and had taken to the sky again there was rarely any conversation between them, making it a little easier to concentrate on things other than who was positioned so comfortably in his arms, staring off into space (again) as though she hadn't a care on the world.

All in all, he was all around content with how the trip was going ( although still a bit torked that the trip had to be made at all). That was, until it began to rain. He would have sighed with pure angst but he was forced to instead find a covered area so that they could get out of the rain. As he touched down Kagome went straight to work.

Sesshoumaru looked on as she gathered a few things and set them in place, aptly creating a more than sufficient shelter for them. When she had finished her task she scurried underneath the completed shelter, sat down and huddled as close to Sesshoumaru as she was able. He cocked his head so that he could view her, curious at how she could be so comfortable with him, he had captured her after all. Shrugging it off mentally he leaned against his cheek to her head and closed his eyes, she had fallen asleep after all.

~*~

"Where could she be?" InuYasha was pacing the ground at the foot of the well, he had been doing so for quite sometime now. He wasn't sure how long, just the amount of time that it took him to search every nook and cranny he knew /and/ go to Kagome's time to check it out. He had found nothing but clues that made no sense to him whatsoever. In aggravation , he plopped himself to the dirt and began to think (AN: don't hurt yourself, honey! You don't exactly seem like the type to think for long periods of time w/o complications...).

"InuYasha," Miroku approached the perpetually brooding hanyou and sat beside him. "What seems to be the problem?"

InuYasha looked at the monk incredulously, "Where have you been for the past day and a half? Kagome ain't here and I can't find her!"

"Hmm, yes I had noticed something along those lines," the monk said looking into the far away distance. "I assumed that she had merely gone to her own time again and you," Miroku looked at InuYasha pointedly, "were overreacting /again/."

InuYasha balled up his fists in anger, "Whaddaya mean 'again?'"

Miroku just shrugged and continued to look at the sky. "Oh dear, another ominous cloud."

InuYasha relaxed his fists and fixed his gaze upon the clouds quickly coming their way. "They look like harmless rain clouds to me."

"Ah yes," Miroku said standing. "But they still are ominous in the fact that they foretell rain," his smile was wide and happy. Seeing this InuYasha "feh-ed" and walked off.

He was fairly frustrated and getting kind of worried, if Kagome were to disappear for good he would not only lose his jewel detector but the others would be "P**sed, pure and simple." As he finished his own sentence out loud he felt something fall to his face. He looked up at the sky as it started to pour down onto him. With his hand out (he was going to make sure that it was actually a rain drop that he had felt... no need now) he looked straight ahead, with his eyes half lidded and his mouth set in a straight line he was looking fairly displeased (yah, one of those looks->-_-V).

With the rain falling he realized that he would surely lose what little of Kagome's scent that he was actually able to pick up. 'Think, think, think... there's gotta be some way for...'

"No," he groaned as a thought came to his head. "That can't be the only way!"

"What can't be the only way?" Miroku asked coming up behind him.

"Never mind that, we don't have time. Go back to Kaede's, I gotta go find Kouga." With that said he was off, leaving a very confused monk behind him.

'I hate doing this, but I'll do it for her. I know that that stupid wolf can help me find her, his nose is got to be better than mine,' he admitted ruefully. He continued his face paced journey to the wolves' den.

~*~

A/N: I'm really, really sorry for how short this is! I was just thinking about how long it had been since I last updated, realizing that it had been a good amount of time I looked at what I had... I had two sentences... not good at 12:00AM when you still have at least 3 hrs of homework left and you gotta finish your friend's birthday present (I'm making her a pillow with an embroidered Sesshoumaru-sama on the front... it's kinda fun when I'm not rushed >^-^<). So since I have very limited internet connection I decided to write a bit and post it... I suppose that I'm making up for the last chapter... it was kinda long... I need more caffeine-_-V . But the next one will be longer... scouts honor... I was never really a scout so we'll go for a Girl Guard's honor... suuuure^_~. Anywho, please read and review... flames are readily accepted, but give them a reason please, and when I'm able I'll post again ^^ yay!