InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shadows in the Night ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not nor have I ever owned Inuyasha. There, are you happy?
 
A/N: All right this is my first fan fic ever written. I must warn you that I am only 14 so my writing won't be the best, but my friend convinced me to post this story so here it is.
It isn't really a cross over between the video game Red Ninja: End of Honor, I just used Kurenai's past, and made Kagome use a Tetsugen. The similarities end there. Now that, that is out of the way let's get on with the story.
 
 
 
 
Prologue
 
 
It was a peaceful summer night, and Kagome was out in the field picking some herbs for her mother, when a blood curdling scream sounded through out the village. She got up and ran back to the village as fast as her legs would carry her. When she arrived she tried to locate the source of the scream, but only found terrified people running through the village. “Ninjas!” One of the village men yelled as he passed by Kagome.
`Ninjas? What would they be doing here?'
Kagome ran towards her house only to find her mother dead on the ground in a pool of her own blood. She had several wounds, and it looked as though she had been stabbed to death. She ran into their house to try and find her brother Souta before it was too late. She rounded a corner, and tripped over something. Upon closer examination she realized that it was the dead form of her brother. His feet had been cut off in order to keep in from running away. She stood up and was about to carry him outside to burry him along with their mother, when a mysterious figure threw a fundo at her, and the wire wrapped around her neck bringing her to the floor quickly. She grabbed and pulled at the wire trying to free herself, but it was hopeless. The men dragged her out and threw the wire over a tree branch in an attempt to hang her.
`Maybe if I play along they'll leave me alone.' She thought sadly, as she felt the wire slowly digging farther and farther into her neck.
When the men thought that she was dead they left to go to the center of the village. Jumping up onto one of the knocked down crates the taller of the two began to speak. “Let this be a lesson to all of you on what will happen if you ever get in Lord Narraku's way.” He said laughing. The people of the village cowered in terror as they looked from the men to their burning homes. The two of them left, but looked back at the terrorized village once more before continuing on their way back to Narraku's Palace. Kagome stayed in that tree clinging onto what ever bit of life she had left as she watched her blood slowly stain the cherry blossoms. “Mother……. Souta……. I will avenge you all…….. I promise.” She mumbled under her breath. She stayed up in the tree for a week constantly in and out of consciousness. The other villagers had come to burry the dead forms of her mother and little brother, but they left her hanging up in the tree. Whether it was because she was pretty high up, or they feared what the two men would do if they found their example taken down, she didn't know. It felt so weird for her to watch everyone living their lives as if it were a dream. The next day a young woman came by, her name was Kikyo, but everyone knew her as the leader of Sesshomaru's ninja forces. She was the most powerful, and was constantly looking for new recruits. She came by and looked at the hanging girl with pity.
`She should have at least been buried.' Kikyo thought as she shot an arrow to cut through the wire.
Kagome landed on the ground with a thud. When Kikyo went to pick up the body she noticed the girl's hand twitch. “You are still alive?” Kikyo questioned, looking at the girl with pure shock. “Alive? No………..But I'm not dead.” Kagome said as her eyes flew open. Kikyo stood, and helped the girl to her feet.
“Come let's get you back to the village.” Kikyo said as she began walking back towards the village, supporting Kagome as she walked. “You'll need new clothes and you probably haven't eaten in days.”
`Weeks' Kagome silently added as they continued walking.
Once they had arrived back in the village Kikyo left to get her some new clothes, and Kagome took a nice long bath.
When she was finished she changed into the new kimono, and ate a hot meal. Just as she was finishing up Kikyo approached her, and sat next to her. “I have an offer for you.”